Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Major and Nasty looking incident along Preston Road by Viaduct

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
this what makes me sad ....and we now have a government who would usually increase the police numbers and its going to decrease them.
we always had the same old story in the prison service particularly with the government of this persuasion lock em up and throw away the key ....yes thats alright if you have somewhere to lock them up in and please don't get me on the privatization of prisons or the police force if that happens we are on the road to anarchy

It is a shame really, and at the worst time, because it's a fact that if the economic situation is poor, then crime increases. When I started the job about six years ago, I remember having thirty two crime reports on my personal tracker at one stage: thirty two separate crimes, all requiring me to investigate, take statements, see victims in person and update them, gather evidence and so on. That was on top of responding to day to day emergency calls. No wonder the victims were complaining they weren't hearing from the police enough. Now they seem to have implemented various procedures to combat that, such as having specific teams with investigatory functions only, so the response officers on the ground can get out there and actually do their job: patrol their area and respond to 999 calls. Consequently the response to victims in recent years has been far better and the workloads have come down. But lose a few officers per section and that will all be wasted. I know the economy dictates the police budget like anything else, I just think it'll be a shame if the progress they have made is stalled.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It is a shame really, and at the worst time, because it's a fact that if the economic situation is poor, then crime increases. When I started the job about six years ago, I remember having thirty two crime reports on my personal tracker at one stage: thirty two separate crimes, all requiring me to investigate, take statements, see victims in person and update them, gather evidence and so on. That was on top of responding to day to day emergency calls. No wonder the victims were complaining they weren't hearing from the police enough. Now they seem to have implemented various procedures to combat that, such as having specific teams with investigatory functions only, so the response officers on the ground can get out there and actually do their job: patrol their area and respond to 999 calls. Consequently the response to victims in recent years has been far better and the workloads have come down. But lose a few officers per section and that will all be wasted. I know the economy dictates the police budget like anything else, I just think it'll be a shame if the progress they have made is stalled.

On the positive side, I've had nothing but a good experience from the police when my car was vandalised last week. Prompt updates by phone, email and text. OK, there's nothing they could actually do but at least they appear to have used technology to allow me to log my crime and to then update me. I was even phoned on a Sunday - top notch service :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the positive side, I've had nothing but a good experience from the police when my car was vandalised last week. Prompt updates by phone, email and text. OK, there's nothing they could actually do but at least they appear to have used technology to allow me to log my crime and to then update me. I was even phoned on a Sunday - top notch service :thumbsup:

Westdene, eh?

Probably those HORRIBLE football supporters in the area on Saturday, I'd wager. Have you asked John Catt if he saw anything?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
:lolol:

Hove actually ! But that's what you get when you move from a posh Brighton suburb !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I also had a good experience when my car got broke into a fair few yrs ago. They basically had a tip off that it was 2 15 yr old kiddies and could only nick them if they had one of the stolen items on them (which as it turned out they did - I got compensation and they got com service thing) but she said if they didn't have anything on them she'd accidentally leave the names (wink wink) for me to find and sort it myself (though she did suggest not beating up 2 kids as a solution! haha)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here