Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Johnson didn't answer one of Starmer's questions. Awful PM. Just reverted to type and blustered.

We can only guess as to the validity of the decisions taken as non experts but my view of him has gone back down to before this started. I did say weeks ago I was impressed at his manner but these last few days have been shambolic. Leaking stuff to the papers last week without thinking how the usual suspects would blow it out of proportion. Delaying the announcement until Sunday evening - I get the bank holiday angle but it just caused massive confusion. Then the (prerecorded so no excuse) statement with 5 minutes of his Churchill impression and the rest just more vague details and contradictions. Now a 50 page document which is still vague and contradictory. No-one is asking for an exact timetable but a definitive list of priorities would surely make sense. Pubs before restaurants? Restaurants before cinemas? Cinemas before gyms? Opticians before charity shops? Hairdressers before dentists? We all get that the timing will be reliant on the data but we need to know in what order things will be unlocked. I know how frustrating it is as an employee that I am none the wiser. I dread to think the effect the uncertainty has on employers.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm slightly concerned that the number of cases in the UK seems fairly static over the past 9 days, despite the fact that we're seemingly testing fewer people now than at the beginning of the month. This would seem to suggest that things are NOT improving...

New graph for you - lab confirmed cases by specimen date.

EXvjdwFXkAMT4WA.png

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I am not very happy at all with the way Boris' and co have operated the past few days. But I am unsure if posting a tweet from a left-winger who inevitably does not like the Tories, is in any way validating any sort of argument.
If the tweeter is a rabid Tory hater or not it seems to be the truth that is coming out of the commons. Is it not the opposition's job, whatever their political stance, to highlight the government's shortcomings? Keir Starmer is quite good at this and Boris Johnson is not capable of dealing with his questions. It matters not if you are of right wing or left wing persuasion a decent opposition is what is needed to call the government to task. Keir Starmer is a good opposition. Boris Johnson is (insert here, great, average, poor )Prime minister and at this moment in time this is being highlighted for all to see and make their judgement

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
The police once again seem to think that it is up to them to set the rules. "South Lakes Police said people should "take a long, hard look at your own conscience" if planning to visit the area." As we all know the police force are the experts here :ohmy:
They should be implementing the rules set by the government, not taking it upon themselves to dictate what should and should not happen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The police once again seem to think that it is up to them to set the rules. "South Lakes Police said people should "take a long, hard look at your own conscience" if planning to visit the area." As we all know the police force are the experts here :ohmy:
They should be implementing the rules set by the government, not taking it upon themselves to dictate what should and should not happen.

Maybe if they understood the rules it might help?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Dicsussion Thread

oh yes....and he hardly knew Jeffrey Epstein , didn't know about his syndicate of uber rich , weird mates , never visited his island and has no idea what adrenochrome is.....carry on boys , nothing at all to see....i saw an Indian news reel on SBS tv in Australia the presenter stated that Gates would be pursued for damages relating to problems arising from inoculation tests in Uttar Pradesh , Kerala and Bangladesh.....i saw it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears but hey ......well done for digging the link out ......top work.

i give you Prince Andrew....:lolol: another nonce that dodged a bullet.....wasn't as easy for Rolf Harris eh.....cos he doesn't know anyone worth knowing.....ding dong old boy,ding dong.

What’s really bizarre is the absolute plethora of fact checking sites that seem to have recently sprung up debunking any question over Bill Gates record. Any search of Bill Gates and vaccine shows pages dominated by them all of a sudden.

Even more concerning is I went back to an Indian news site article I shared here recently that clearly had info on the Indian vaccine controversy and has been up since 2014.

It comes up in a google search but when you click through the article has mysteriously vanished. It had been live for nearly six years until a week or so ago. It’s almost as if one of richest men in the world is trying to scrub anything giving him a bad name from record. Why?

e8953cbe43f9d90a0c021685ba93c4e2.jpg

What would the peado’s friend that got sued by his own government for $1bn for anti competitive behaviour case for trying to unfairly dominate the market for Microsoft have to hide?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What’s really bizarre is the absolute plethora of fact checking sites that seem to have recently sprung up debunking any question over Bill Gates record. Any search of Bill Gates and vaccine shows pages dominated by them all of a sudden.

Even more concerning is I went back to an Indian news site article I shared here recently that clearly had info on the Indian vaccine controversy and has been up since 2014.

It comes up in a google search but when you click through the article has mysteriously vanished. It had been live for nearly six years until a week or so ago. It’s almost as if one of richest men in the world is trying to scrub anything giving him a bad name from record. Why?

e8953cbe43f9d90a0c021685ba93c4e2.jpg

What would the peado’s friend that got sued by his own government for $1bn for anti competitive behaviour case for trying to unfairly dominate the market for Microsoft have to hide?

What is it about this particular thread that says 'come on here to post all your conspiracy theories' to every looney in a 5 mile radius ?

I thought that once Jeff Minton's Corners/Megazone/The Truth/Brunswick/Rosa got given his/her/their own thread for this sort of bollocks it may stop on unrelated threads :rolleyes:

Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to general conspiracy theories, I'm off to get dinner :wave:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
[tweet]1259861780068732931[/tweet]

I am not very happy at all with the way Boris' and co have operated the past few days. But I am unsure if posting a tweet from a left-winger who inevitably does not like the Tories, is in any way validating any sort of argument.

Ian Dunt's "left wing credentials" can explain his motivation for tweeting. Does it in anyway invalidate the point he is making? Was he maybe not listening to the answers provided?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Ian Dunt's "left wing credentials" can explain his motivation for tweeting. Does it in anyway invalidate the point he is making? Was he maybe not listening to the answers provided?

He posts "Be clear about what just happened" and then posts a half-truth - BJ did indeed answer at least 2 of KS's questions. So yes, perhaps he wasn't listening as he was too busy tweeting.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

That's probably because one of the things that will put them at the top in the SEO routines will be how popular they are and, since everyone in the world fairly much has a lot of time on their hands, I suspect a good deal of them are spending it online debunking the nonsense put about by fruitcakes on the interweb.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If the tweeter is a rabid Tory hater or not it seems to be the truth that is coming out of the commons. Is it not the opposition's job, whatever their political stance, to highlight the government's shortcomings? Keir Starmer is quite good at this and Boris Johnson is not capable of dealing with his questions. It matters not if you are of right wing or left wing persuasion a decent opposition is what is needed to call the government to task. Keir Starmer is a good opposition. Boris Johnson is (insert here, great, average, poor )Prime minister and at this moment in time this is being highlighted for all to see and make their judgement

Those are fair points. A PM not answering questions is unremarkable unfortunately. I don't recall any Tory or Labour leader answering awkward questions that they didn't want to answer.

For the record, I saw the whole of Starmer's initial response and I thought he was excellent. Annoyingly though BBC news didn't show Boris' reply/non-reply.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He posts "Be clear about what just happened" and then posts a half-truth - BJ did indeed answer at least 2 of KS's questions. So yes, perhaps he wasn't listening as he was too busy tweeting.

That’s being incredibly generous to say he answered anything. He reverted to type and waffled as usual.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That’s being incredibly generous to say he answered anything. He reverted to type and waffled as usual.

Not really. He answered that the workplace guidance would be updated today (as it was pointed out to me yesterday that it has been online for weeks as that is the guidance supermarkets etc have been using) and that the transport guidance will be published tomorrow. The rest of it was waffle though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If he's not allowed to guffaw or use three word slogans, he struggles to answer the simplest of questions from the public, without bouncing them off to civil servants.

Who would have guessed ???

If you want real entertainment, watch where the Civil servants are looking as he tries to bounce a question. It's not quite in Donald's league with his 'medical advisor', but it's not a million miles away :lolol:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Is anyone else a bit disappointed that the lockdown isn't being eased quicker, in the sense that this indicates the disease is still considered as serious (more, or less) as it was 3 months ago?

I was hoping that the reports of the high number of asymptomatic cases and reduced IFR would mean that things would be eased quicker.

However, the fact the changes are slow tends to suggest that the original basis of the lockdown is considered a reasonable assessment of the virus.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is anyone else a bit disappointed that the lockdown isn't being eased quicker, in the sense that this indicates the disease is still considered as serious (more, or less) as it was 3 months ago?

I was hoping that the reports of the high number of asymptomatic cases and reduced IFR would mean that things would be eased quicker.

However, the fact the changes are slow tends to suggest that the original basis of the lockdown is considered a reasonable assessment of the virus.

A large second wave would be utterly catastrophic in many, many ways. I think a high level of caution is understandable at this stage.

Pleasingly it looks as if Italy are bringing some easing measures forward, so hopefully it will be the case that we are being overly cautious and thing may ease more quickly in coming times.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
A large second wave would be utterly catastrophic in many, many ways. I think a high level of caution is understandable at this stage.

Pleasingly it looks as if Italy are bringing some easing measures forward, so hopefully it will be the case that we are being overly cautious and thing may ease more quickly in coming times.

Yes, you are correct on the second wave being catastrophic. Fingers crossed the penciled in future dates are met, with potentially other things eased at the same time.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

They're supposed to be starting weekly reports in the antibody testing from Thursday.

Still no test result for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here