Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
absolutly. why wouldnt you? the agenda has been to prevent or reduce infection. if the safe distance of this is 1.5m or 1m can be considered say 90% as effective, why not change it to suit the new agenda of being able to return to work? we have tied a hand behind our backs with 2m restriction, when lower is considered ok elsewhere.

Because the message is just confusing...

Just do away with it and see what happens. Then everyone can get back to work, sorted!

It's quite clear the demographic is the old and vulnerable, so they won't be at work anyway, except Neil Warnock... He's bound to have a job somewhere!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Asking Primary school children to apply social distancing is idiotic beyond belief :facepalm:

Secondary and further education establishments I could see a good case for. A high proportion of teenagers smell and most of the males spend significant time 'self isolating :wanker:' anyway. I can't imagine anyone with a choice would want to go near them, whilst most further education students I have known seem to spend most of their time in bed, only rarely venturing out to go to lectures. Shirley it makes more sense to start with those.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

oh yes....and he hardly knew Jeffrey Epstein , didn't know about his syndicate of uber rich , weird mates , never visited his island and has no idea what adrenochrome is.....carry on boys , nothing at all to see....i saw an Indian news reel on SBS tv in Australia the presenter stated that Gates would be pursued for damages relating to problems arising from inoculation tests in Uttar Pradesh , Kerala and Bangladesh.....i saw it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears but hey ......well done for digging the link out ......top work.

i give you Prince Andrew....:lolol: another nonce that dodged a bullet.....wasn't as easy for Rolf Harris eh.....cos he doesn't know anyone worth knowing.....ding dong old boy,ding dong.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As someone who teaches in a Primary school, I wholeheartedly agree. I just cannot fathom the reason for Rec and Y1 to be the first back. Incidentally, quite a few mentions of studies that show low rates of transmission amongst and through younger children. All well and good and potentially encouraging were it not for the fact that there are also studies which appear to show the opposite.

And at the end of the day the kids go home and pass on the virus to the olds.

Low rates of transmission can't be because little kiddies are better at washing their hands and using their little hankies than older folk.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The BBC now saying that the government are advising the public to aim to wear a face covering on public transport and in some shops from Wednesday.

Logical enough, but why only some shops and why from Wednesday rather than with immediate effect?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52620556

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As someone who teaches in a Primary school, I wholeheartedly agree. I just cannot fathom the reason for Rec and Y1 to be the first back. Incidentally, quite a few mentions of studies that show low rates of transmission amongst and through younger children. All well and good and potentially encouraging were it not for the fact that there are also studies which appear to show the opposite.

I have a child in year one. Whilst my partner and I are unsure what to do to be honest, nearly 100% of the other parents we know as friends or on various Facebook/Whatsapp groups are saying they won’t be sending their child back this side of the summer holidays.

Yoda

English & European
The BBC now saying that the government are advising the public to aim to wear a face covering on public transport and in some shops from Wednesday.

Logical enough, but why only some shops and why from Wednesday rather than with immediate effect?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52620556

Because they are not meant to be going back to work/opening up until Wednesday apparently. This part was not made very clear by Bodge Job's speech yesterday.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm slightly concerned that the number of cases in the UK seems fairly static over the past 9 days, despite the fact that we're seemingly testing fewer people now than at the beginning of the month. This would seem to suggest that things are NOT improving...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have a child in year one. Whilst my partner and I are unsure what to do to be honest, nearly 100% of the other parents we know as friends or on various Facebook/Whatsapp groups are saying they won’t be sending their child back this side of the summer holidays.

Really quite surprised at this as it doesn't seem the view round here.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
<iframe src="https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/full-list-covid-19-tests-per-day?country=GBR" style="width: 100%; height: 600px; border: 0px none;"></iframe>

I'm slightly concerned that the number of cases in the UK seems fairly static over the past 9 days, despite the fact that we're seemingly testing fewer people now than at the beginning of the month. This would seem to suggest that things are NOT improving...

They very clearly are though, as the deaths are falling drammatically.

209 NHS England Hospital deaths announced today up to 5pm yesterday. A couple dating back to March.

Er, it's 210 for the whole of the UK for all settings isn't it? 178 for England hospitals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52612438

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And at the end of the day the kids go home and pass on the virus to the olds.

Low rates of transmission can't be because little kiddies are better at washing their hands and using their little hankies than older folk.

Off topic but am I still on your ignore list? Obviously if I am you won’t see this haha. I would like your professional opinion via a pm on a private matter

Yoda

English & European

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Brighton and Sussex Trust now has 37 Covid inpatients with 9 in ITU, numbers still heading in right direction :)

Dear oh dear oh dear Boris said in parliament obviously if you have covid symptoms you must stay at home as usual but next sentence says if your working where social distancing isn't possible wear face coverings as well as on public transport especially if you have covid symptoms!! You should not be out anywhere if you have symptoms.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Now back benchers blowing smoke up his backside - at least from 2m away though.

Just skimmed through the 50 page document and that is just as vague. It one paragraph, it says cinemas, gyms, beauty salons will likely have to wait significantly longer to open. Then it says further down that cinemas and beauty salons could open from July onwards - that is not significant when the July date was given as SOME hospitality and leisure venues. And gyms not mentioned for July so I am still none the wiser as to the length of my furlough.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Now back benchers blowing smoke up his backside - at least from 2m away though.

Just skimmed through the 50 page document and that is just as vague. It one paragraph, it says cinemas, gyms, beauty salons will likely have to wait significantly longer to open. Then it says further down that cinemas and beauty salons could open from July onwards - that is not significant when the July date was given as SOME hospitality and leisure venues. And gyms not mentioned for July so I am still none the wiser as to the length of my furlough.

Johnson didn't answer one of Starmer's questions. Awful PM. Just reverted to type and blustered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here