Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you’re getting confused. The fb post was nothing to do with the economy it was to do with covid deaths being stated without tests.
No, you've failed to keep up with the conversation. You said that deaths were being exaggerated because those in charge want economic misery.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
That's about a doctor in the US who is anti-vaccine, and claims that people are exaggerating the deaths in order to make Trump look bad. Er, ok love.

You realise there are thousands of doctors who disagree with her?

So Elon Musk is against lockdowns. So?

So they haven't said we've lied about the numbers then? Sweden is a very different country to the UK, and much less densly populated. How they've decided to go about things is not necessarily right for us. Why don't you quote what Germany have done? They have more in common with us, they've used a lockdown, and they've been much more successful in fighting the virus than Sweden. Why don't you quote them? Oh, it doesn't fit your agenda.

What nonsense. Who is being censored? We can all write what we think here for a start. I've certainly been outspoken against the WHO, and the posts haven't been deleted.

Really? I just posted those links that came up on the first page of a google page because you asked for evidence that there are doctors and scientists that don’t agree the lockdown policy is the best way forward. Evidence provided. In no way was I even referencing the content or anything about them or who they are. You seem to be getting incredibly confused.

Oh and it’s a fact youtube and FB are taking down content left, right, and centre that goes against WHO narrative. You do realise that’s censorship? It’s even referenced in those Daily Mail articles ffs [emoji23]

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Dicsussion Thread

No, you've failed to keep up with the conversation. You said that deaths were being exaggerated because those in charge want economic misery.

And you linked that to those fb posts which are unconnected. I alluded to something about motives but to have that conversation would mean going into all sorts of depths about how I (and many others) believe the world is run and best not debated here. Happy to take it to DM if you really want to have that chat.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The most disturbing thing is that health care professionals that speak up against lockdown seems to be getting censored on social media. Freedom of speech has now gone for anyone not towing the WHO party line.

While I agree there is lots of censorship on social media (at least Facebook & Youtube, I stay far away from Twitter), they've never had "freedom of speech". The social media companies are private and dont need to follow any laws protecting freedom of expression.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really? I just posted those links that came up on the first page of a google page because you asked for evidence that there are doctors and scientists that don’t agree the lockdown policy is the best way forward.
You were replying to Titanic, not me.

Evidence provided. In no way was I even referencing the content or anything about them or who they are. You seem to be getting incredibly confused.
Given that you're replying to the wrong person...

Oh and it’s a fact youtube and FB are taking down content left, right, and centre that goes against WHO narrative.
Firstly, YouTube is privately owned, and just one form of social media. Secondly, that's not a fact.

Here's some anti WHO videos on YT (and they've been up for weeks):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LqWX8D_Tns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwFTZawOc9k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c07MnRmJPcI

You do realise that’s censorship?
No, it's not censorship. Firstly, you're wrong about them stopping videos, they're clearly leaving up videos that criticise the WHO. Secondly, censorship applies to authorities like governments, not private companies who are allowed to have their own policies. Just like Bozza can ban trolls from here.

It’s even referenced in those Daily Mail articles ffs [emoji23]
The article refers to a specific video that the copyright holders own the copyright to.

You've somehow managed to get absolutely everything wrong.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

You were replying to Titanic, not me.

Given that you're replying to the wrong person...

Correct, I was supplying Titanic with the evidence, so with the exception of stating the initial exercise was for Titanic not you (my bad) the rest of the content of my post stands soundly in counter to YOUR challenges to that post. I couldn’t care less who the Drs or scientists are I was merely demonstrating they exist, and am confident are all much more highly qualified than you or I on the right or wrongs on how to handle this scenario.

And of course I know youtube are a commercial organisation and can do what they want but the fact is that they are censoring anti WHO posts even if some remain. Of course there are still some up (for now) but many many are getting taken down. Fact. David Icke, who I think talks shit about many things, has been completely deplatformed based on his comments. Brian Rose has had many interviews taken down. There are countless others. And as stated in those links I shared are even referenced in those Mail articles. Are you actually claiming that isn’t happening and isn’t censorship?

https://www.verdict.co.uk/youtube-coronavirus-ban-who/

Also you don’t even understand the meaning of the word censorship. [emoji23] Of course a private organisation can apply censorship. Even Bozza!

Here’s a definition that may help you.

Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient."[2][3][4] Censorship can be conducted by governments,[5] private institutions, and other controlling bodies.

And you think I’m getting everything wrong? Wow.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
David Icke, who I think talks shit about many things, has been completely deplatformed based on his comments.

David Icke has been in the last chance saloon for years. way beyond the pandemic. Banned internationally and well as domestically for his antisemitic nonsense. Long time coming.

You can still buy his books, visit his website and drown in the nonsense his supporters spout on his forum. You can also still buy the ridiculous products Alex Jones peddles.

I do laugh at those who attack the "mainstream media" and seek out other sources, get a bit shitty when their heroes aren't allowed to appear on it.

How very very Trump.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

David Icke has been in the last chance saloon for years. way beyond the pandemic. Banned internationally and well as domestically for his antisemitic nonsense. Long time coming.

You can still buy his books, visit his website and drown in the nonsense his supporters spout on his forum. You can also still buy the ridiculous products Alex Jones peddles.

I do laugh at those who attack the "mainstream media" and seek out other sources, get a bit shitty when their heroes aren't allowed to appear on it.

How very very Trump.

Icke was just an (obvious) example and the easiest to shoot down to be honest. Like I said I disagree with a lot of what he says.

It is a fact that Youtube are taking down lots of content that contradicts anything WHO though. Even the bbc have reported on it:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/technology-52388586

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You brought him up.Not sure you mean by "even the BBC". They are just reporting a story.

I know I did as he’s the most prominent example.

Yes the BBC are reporting the story that YouTube are removing content that challenges what the WHO say about covid and how it should be managed. I said “even the BBC” because it highlights how common knowledge and well reported YouTube’s censorship policy is which others (not you) don’t seem to know exists at all.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Ultimately Google are a listed company so it is up to them who gets to appear on YouTube. It's a business and not a public service.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I have a question, and apologies if it has been covered previously.

How come the daily infection rates shown on the WHO website and the UK Gov website are so massively different? It seems on the UK Gov website the results are only shown for England as opposed to the whole UK (not sure why). But that doesn't explain the huge difference, deaths are more closely matched and data for this DOES include the whole of the UK. Not sure why they don't match up.

WHO Data: https://covid19.who.int/region/euro/country/gb
UK Gov Data: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk

So just as an example, if we take Thursday 7th May:

WHO says: 6,211 new cases | 649 deaths
UK Gov says: 527 new cases | 539 deaths

or the day before, Wednesday 6th May:

WHO says: 4,406 new cases | 693 deaths
UK Gov says: 1,137 new cases | 649 deaths

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Piers saying that Raab has just been on radio 4 saying you can now meet both parents as long as its outside and you stay 2 metres apart. Seems that it's a very confusing message being put out right now

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They've only just realised after 3 months that people coming into the country could be a threat. Seconded biggest death toll after USA (which doesn't mean much) have you remembered to take your stupid pills this morning?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just spoken to the head teacher at my kids school with social.distancing they are at their capacity of around the 20 kids mark. She is at a loss as to how it would be possible to take reception and year one in and if she did she wouldn't be able to continue the provision for keyworkers or vulnerable kids

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, a day later, listening to the radio and reading stuff, the bottom line as far as change is concerned is "Stay at home as far as possible"

If you can't, or decided to go out a lot (why not?) then how do you stay safe? Easy. Be alert.

It couldn't be any simpler, or more permissibe. You can do what you want as long as you stay alert.

Raab apparently gave two interviews this morning on the beeb, contradicting in the second what he said in the first.

I think they are beginning to cock this up quite badly now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here