Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I did check that for last weekend and although it does produce a few quirky results, still nothing like yesterday.

The number announced last Sunday was approx 450, so a not dissimilar number to this Sunday. It's worth remembering that the announced numbers cover a 24 hour period to 5pm on the previous day and reflect the number of deaths recorded in that time period, not the actual date of death. Those numbers are recorded separately ( [MENTION=1933]Yoda[/MENTION] post shows the data for actual date of death, and the most recent days will go up as more deaths are recorded in the coming days).

Yoda

English & European
I refer to the B&H figures three or four times a week. It really has slowed down drastically. Figures for yesterday/Sunday 26th were 343.

I've done similar for Sussex deaths using the NHS England data lately. (I've left the figures from SASH out as they mainly cover Surrey not Sussex).
Daily deaths:
Sussex Daily Covid Deaths.jpg
Cumulative Deaths:
Sussex Cum Covid Deaths.jpg

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Anyone else of the opinion that hmgov's fifth test, the one about ensuring there is no risk of a second spike, is pretty much unquantifiable?

I guess, and it's only my opinion, they might be watching other countries and the effects of their various 'easings' to see what does what.

Learn from others gains/mistakes?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I refer to the B&H figures three or four times a week. It really has slowed down drastically. Figures for yesterday/Sunday 26th were 343.

The daily figures for confirmed cases announced for Brighton and Hove were 84 on the 4th of April and these have risen to 343 announced yesterday for the 25th of April. though these figures are alarming they do see a gradual reduction, IE
April:
4th : 84,
11th : 204,
18th : 305,
25th : 343.
The same period for East Sussex.
4th: 155,
11th: 335.
18th: 449,
25th: 504.
For West Sussex.
4th: 220,
11th: 387,
18th: 867,
25th: 1019.
The figures for Kent are worrying, though, they are reducing and do include the infection rate for the whole county, whereas East and West Sussex and Brighton and Hove are split into three.
4th: 755,
11th:1490,
18th: 2402,
25th: 3185.

I reiterate these are announced cases NOT death rates and are scary bad, but are decreasing over time so please folks continue the discipline we have mostly shown with social distancing/going out etc.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've done similar for Sussex deaths using the NHS England data lately. (I've left the figures from SASH out as they mainly cover Surrey not Sussex).
Daily deaths:
View attachment 122815
Cumulative Deaths:
View attachment 122816

Indeed, I've just done this quickly for all regions and the pattern is strikingly similar everywhere, with just a slightly earlier peak in London.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Anyone else of the opinion that hmgov's fifth test, the one about ensuring there is no risk of a second spike, is pretty much unquantifiable?

Yes. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] posted a prediction graph some time ago in another thread on here and if I recall correctly it predicted another high peak if we follow the measures we are currently following !!!!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Daily deaths:
View attachment 122815
Cumulative Deaths:
View attachment 122816

I know we're in dire times and everything is pretty bleak and it really shouldn't have but the title of the cumulative deaths graph made me giggle like a child.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The daily figures for confirmed cases announced for Brighton and Hove were 84 on the 4th of April and these have risen to 343 announced yesterday for the 25th of April. though these figures are alarming they do see a gradual reduction, IE
April:
4th : 84,
11th : 204,
18th : 305,
25th : 343.
The same period for East Sussex.
4th: 155,
11th: 335.
18th: 449,
25th: 504.
For West Sussex.
4th: 220,
11th: 387,
18th: 867,
25th: 1019.
The figures for Kent are worrying, though, they are reducing and do include the infection rate for the whole county, whereas East and West Sussex and Brighton and Hove are split into three.
4th: 755,
11th:1490,
18th: 2402,
25th: 3185.

I reiterate these are announced cases NOT death rates and are scary bad, but are decreasing over time so please folks continue the discipline we have mostly shown with social distancing/going out etc.

Kent also includes some parts of London. That will bump the figures up a bit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trump says sunlight and a tan are good for you

And a healthy dose of Dettol, preferably injected direct into your body. What he failed to clarify though is whether you should use a clean or used needle - idiot of a man

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Does this important thread really need to be cluttered with tedious Orange Man Bad crap? There’s already a Trump thread for that sort of thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here