Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Oh OK Mr Chief Coroner.

You are being very weird. It's pretty well known, and admitted by the government themselves, that they are only testing people who have been admitted to hospital. Look it up if you don't believe me. And maybe lay off the isolation beers a bit, eh?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
You are being very weird. It's pretty well known, and admitted by the government themselves, that they are only testing people who have been admitted to hospital. Look it up if you don't believe me. And maybe lay off the isolation beers a bit, eh?

They are only currently testing those admitted. That doesn't mean it cant be picked up as a possible cause of death in those not admitted

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

I’ve not had a drink in months, but thanks for the advice.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They are only currently testing those admitted. That doesn't mean it cant be picked up as a possible cause of death in those not admitted

Agreed. That's a different point, though.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If they die of pneumonia then they will likely be tested to see if corona virus was present. I would suggest if there are any pre mortem symptoms associated with corona then they'll either be tested or it will be recorded regardless as linked to covid-19.

Yes, of course they will. The suggestion otherwise is just so much nonsense. In many AIDS deaths, for example, the ultimate cause was pneumonia (which the body's AIDS ravaged immune system just couldn't fight) but they were still recorded as AIDS related.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yes, of course they will. The suggestion otherwise is just so much nonsense. In many AIDS deaths, for example, the ultimate cause was pneumonia (which the body's AIDS ravaged immune system just couldn't fight) but they were still recorded as AIDS related.

Yup. In that case 'cause of death' as recorded on the death certificate would be 1A pneumonia 1B AIDS.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From Imperial College, this would be (relatively) great news, if it panned out that way:

38463BF7-2361-4BF7-9900-603E486E9AFD.png

But what happens then? This lockdown can’t last another 12 to 18 months whilst a vaccine is available for all those whose bodies hadn’t yet been infected and survived, can it?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
From Imperial College, this would be (relatively) great news, if it panned out that way:

View attachment 121560

But what happens then? This lockdown can’t last another 12 to 18 months whilst a vaccine is available for all those whose bodies hadn’t yet been infected and survived, can it?

Not to say it won't (hopefully) prove true, but I think this is flawed.

It's based on lockdown measures in China, which are far more stringent than the ones in England.

Our glorious leaders reiterated the 20,000 target today.

I feel bad casting aspersions on someone who's accumulated more knowledge in ten years than I could in 17 lifetimes, but the guy interviewed is an engineer, not a medical authority.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It's based on lockdown measures in China, which are far more stringent than the ones in England.

I feel bad casting aspersions on someone who's accumulated more knowledge in ten years than I could in 17 lifetimes, but the guy interviewed is an engineer, not a medical authority.

With 260 people more people announced dead in yesterday’s figures, it’s already tragically out of date.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

View attachment 121560

The theory is that by using social distancing, handwashing, changes in social behaviour and by testing, the number of infections is kept to a low enough level for the NHS to be able to cope with everyone with severe illness.

I think that's all we have.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Do the numbers (20,000 just now) come from our politicians, or from civil servant scientists and public health officials? I thought ministers simply relayed what the experts tell them on numbers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Grim news from Spain 838 deaths in last 24 hours

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do the numbers (20,000 just now) come from our politicians, or from civil servant scientists and public health officials? I thought ministers simply relayed what the experts tell them on numbers.

They are from experts advising Government although Michael Gove advised he went for a jog yesterday and also a walk to the supermarket and back to get weekend provisions

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Wow. 235 dead in a day in Switzerland. All of a sudden they're the 5th worst affected in Europe.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here