Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1242444828497108999[/TWEET]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Someone has just said that gardeners have been told they can’t work because they would touch petrol pumps .....they said it’s official.....is this true?

The petrol pump spam has been doing the rounds on Facebook. Everyone claims to have seen it from a hospital even though the hospital isn't named.
One message did mention Galway hospital who put out an official statement to say they haven't said anything of the kind.
Pumps are no more dangerous than door handles or trolleys at the supermarket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some information coming through about helping self-employed and freelancers

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
What about people who've had it, been tested positive for it, and have recovered?

The time will surely come when they're allowed out. They could do voluntary work for a start.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Best carry on plumbing.....I’m dithering.

Just come in from doing my garden and there's a gardening company working opposite my house cutting stuff and blowing things around from what I can see. (Don't know where they'll take it though as dumps are closed)

Don't know if this helps :smile:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Awful jump in numbers, but not the 631 deaths we’d have had had we followed Italy’s trajectory.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Awful jump in numbers, but not the 631 deaths we’d have had had we followed Italy’s trajectory.

Yes. They had 168 on the same day, more than double. Our advantage is that with the exception of London, we don’t have an epicentre like Lombardy. The government are doing well to convert the Excel into a 500 capacity hospital, if we run out of ICU beds in the capital, we’ll quickly see Italy style death rates.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Worthing town centre like a ghost town today, even M&S closed which surprised me as they sell food etc. Waitrose, you had to queue up and wait to get in when numbers went down. Iceland was pretty normal though apart from till staff wearing gloves. Yes I did go there as I was in a hurry.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has anyone actually received this message that all the mobile networks were supposed to be sending telling us to stay in?
Got mine at 7 this morning. It said more info at gov.uk/coronavirus

I didn't want to click the link (in case it was a scam) so I entered the address on my PC, and it was correct and gave advice (which basically said you can go to work if you can't work from home).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here