Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ring 111, we're told. Now read this thread:

[tweet]1237308267552034821[/tweet]

Heart goes out to this guy and anyone else who has the virus.

But why the bloody hell are people flying half way around the world in the midst of a global pandemic. Even now people are happily planning holidays.

Utterly bizarre. And this is why this thing has spread frankly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's been on here a few times but in case any of the "Fuss over nothing" crew are holding that line, it's worth posting again and again.

"Your healthcare system will be overwhelmed. Your fellow citizens will be treated in the hallways."

Anyone who has been to A&E at the Royal Sussex on a bad day knows that we've been there for a while without the added complication of Coronavirus ...

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just watched Trump's address to the nation - major item is banning all travel from Europe to the States from Friday for 30 days - but, and it's a big but, the UK will be exempt. Although I despise him he did seem to come over as quite Presidential for once, but there was still the usual "America is the best"and the virus has no chance against us. Think he realizes that it's not all about him.

Interestingly he did seem to be struggling for breath a few times during the speech .......I wonder

Last edited:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson diagnosed with Coronavirus, I think shit just got real for a lot of people that maybe don't pay a lot of attention to it.

Also at the same time, prime time NBA game was just canceled once the teams were already on the court (and on TV) due to illness in the locker room...

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson diagnosed with Coronavirus, I think shit just got real for a lot of people that maybe don't pay a lot of attention to it.

Also at the same time, prime time NBA game was just canceled once the teams were already on the court (and on TV) due to illness in the locker room...

Wow they didn't hang around - NBA season suspended indefinitely

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just watched Trump's address to the nation - major item is banning all travel from Europe to the States from Friday for 30 days - but, and it's a big but, the UK will be exempt. Although I despise him he did seem to come over as quite Presidential for once, but there was still the usual "America is the best"and the virus has no chance against us. Think he realizes that it's not all about him.

Interestingly he did seem to be struggling for breath a few times during the speech .......I wonder

My sister and niece are meant to be coming over for a visit at the end of March. Listened to Trump and it seemed that was now out of the question, until he mentioned (almost as an afterthought) that the UK was not included. However, things seem to be changing by the hour. Not sure they will still want to travel, as things stand. Everything up in the air (if you'll pardon the pun).

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
My sister and niece are meant to be coming over for a visit at the end of March. Listened to Trump and it seemed that was now out of the question, until he mentioned (almost as an afterthought) that the UK was not included. However, things seem to be changing by the hour. Not sure they will still want to travel, as things stand. Everything up in the air (if you'll pardon the pun).

Yeah, I've got some friends coming over to New York next week to visit and I thought that had been knackered until he added the bit about the UK

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Had to watch if you were exaggerating but holy shit he is obviously not healthy.

I have some weird feelings about this virus, I dont know exactly what but something is... weird.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
12 (twelve) threads about Corona virus on page 1.

I'm beginning to wonder what's spreading more rapidly?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He’ll change that when our numbers hit the steep upward curve in the next few days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pretty sure aspirin will sort all of this.:dunce:

It’s a fuss over nothing. I remember the Y2K bug, how many people caught that eh?

:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here