Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Second wave hospital admissions of the second wave now to the same heights as the first. However those in ICU significantly lower... which can only be seen as a positive.

Doctors and scientists are clever. Sadly with plenty of patients to treat, they had a lot to work with to gain experience. I wonder if the change is due to greater oxygen administration thereby lowering ICU transfers?

Oh [MENTION=12104]middletoenail[/MENTION] and [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION], the older a patient is, the longer they are in-patients. Reducing the possible admission causes in the older people should make more space for younger patients.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Doctors and scientists are clever. Sadly with plenty of patients to treat, they had a lot to work with to gain experience. I wonder if the change is due to greater oxygen administration thereby lowering ICU transfers?

Oh [MENTION=12104]middletoenail[/MENTION] and [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION], the older a patient is, the longer they are in-patients. Reducing the possible admission causes in the older people should make more space for younger patients.
Well, for me it's pretty simple. Let's look after our elders, those who were (potentially) in the trenches a long time ago giving us the opportunities we have now. We owe them that much.

I lost my grandparents at a young age, I would give everything to spend some time with them in their 80s/90s.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well, for me it's pretty simple. Let's look after our elders, those who were (potentially) in the trenches a long time ago giving us the opportunities we have now. We owe them that much.

I lost my grandparents at a young age, I would give everything to spend some time with them in their 80s/90s.

Aye, on a personal and 'risk/benefit analysis' level the decision is correct.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
That prick Hancock is leading another briefing today at 3pm, I like to watch these to keep up with what the government are saying but I cannot stand the sight of this under qualified smug tw*t anymore

Was watching Hancock during a HOC debate earlier on in this pandemic, his brow was like a ploughed field, now watching him in interviews there's not a sign of any furrowed brow ! Has the **** had Botox ?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Was watching Hancock during a HOC debate earlier on in this pandemic, his brow was like a ploughed field, now watching him in interviews there's not a sign of any furrowed brow ! Has the **** had Botox ?

Probably.

The original Hancock's Half Hour was my favourite anyway.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yea or "prioritse those that are likely to have 10-15 years left", depends on how you see it.

You’re a charmer aren’t you - my wife has Lymphoma and probably won’t last 15 years, but equally she is unlikely to die any time soon, unless she contracts COVID - something all the more likely to happen if denied a vaccine as she hasn’t got enough miles left on the clock.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Second wave hospital admissions of the second wave now to the same heights as the first. However those in ICU significantly lower... which can only be seen as a positive.

f2pfsh8kyo761.png

We’re much better at treating it now....so fewer people getting gravely ill (ending up on ventilators, primarily).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The new variant is apparently significantly more infectious than the original. NHS are very concerned that the numbers we saw last year could be higher this time round unless some serious precautions are put in place.

I have a relative that works for NHS England in a central role now (hospital inspections etc) and she’s been asked to go through a refresher course from when she was last a nurse expecting to have to go back to the front line

Sad how this is being handled so badly. Facetime’d a friend in Australia on Boxing Day and they are pretty much back to normal there. He was down a bar, full of people drinking out on the terrace. Not a mask in sight [emoji20]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brits at their most entitled: made to quarantine at a Swiss ski resort, hundreds do a runner in the night, then contact their accommodation when they're safely home to demand a refund on unused nights at their accommodation. You couldn't make it up really. Every last one of them should be prosecuted within an inch of their over-entitled lives by both sets of authorities

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55465079

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was just an observation, keep your snide bitching to yourself if you don't like it.
WTF.

Not bitching at all. Made a point that some took it seriously from the beginning plenty haven’t, too many ready to blame the government on everything yet don’t see their own actions as possibly a cause of the rise. Ho hum.

Dare I try to say something that might save my wife’s life.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Brits at their most entitled: made to quarantine at a Swiss ski resort, hundreds do a runner in the night, then contact their accommodation when they're safely home to demand a refund on unused nights at their accommodation. You couldn't make it up really. Every last one of them should be prosecuted within an inch of their over-entitled lives by both sets of authorities

Just read that story and was about to post it here as well. What a bunch of ****ing cockwombles. :tosser::tosser::tosser:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just read that story and was about to post it here as well. What a bunch of ****ing cockwombles. :tosser::tosser::tosser:

Idiots not just for leaving but also going in the first place. People are so ****ing selfish

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
WTF.

Not bitching at all. Made a point that some took it seriously from the beginning plenty haven’t, too many ready to blame the government on everything yet don’t see their own actions as possibly a cause of the rise. Ho hum.

Dare I try to say something that might save my wife’s life.
Sadly, too many don't get it, saw 3-4 people wandering around Asda Ferring without masks or lanyards to indicate they can't wear masks, 2-3 wearing them without covering their noses.... And no one challenging them, not even security or the alleged marshals at the entrance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It will be interesting when they try and enter the Schengen next post Brexit ski-season. Hopefully their details will be kept on file and refused entry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here