Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Concerned rather than worried at this stage and no I haven’t stocked up on anything, but I am washing my hands far more frequently during the day and being more aware of what I’m touching.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Saw my first face mask in Worthing yesterday

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Yup, 2 young children with cystic fibrosis, if either of those are to catch it they wouldn’t stand a chance, been at hospital with them both today and the team and hospital in general seem rather worried.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Like AIDS, like SARS, like Ebola, like the Millennium bug, like bird flu.

All these have been massively overhyped by Governments, media etc, but there are still more humans alive now than have excisted in the history of mankind.

AIDS, I admit has killed quite a few, but, it was never the plague that we were told it would be for the general population.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m not worried for myself but my wife has bad asthma and I am worried for her.

I think it’s going to get pretty bad for less healthy people and businesses

Panic buying? Nah

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Like AIDS, like SARS, like Ebola, like the Millennium bug, like bird flu.

All these have been massively overhyped by Governments, media etc, but there are still more humans alive now than have excisted in the history of mankind.

AIDS, I admit has killed quite a few, but, it was never the plague that we were told it would be for the general population.

Aids has claimed millions. Controlled now in wealthy countries but not third world countries

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm more worried about being stuck somewhere for 2 weeks in 'Quarantine'. Meant to be skiing in 3 weeks and suspect it will be off for that reason :rolleyes:

Appreciate it's different for others.

But have told my daughter my login and password for my account on here so that at least you can take the piss if I'm taken out :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

Seeing that only about 5% bother to wash their hands at the AMEX, I would say it will probably spread quicker here than China, once it gets a grip.
Am I worried? Not really but I worry for the people I know with underlying illnesses.
The Spanish Flu killed 10s of millions, including my great grandad a 100 years ago.
We don't want to see it anywhere near that level again.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I’m more concerned about dysentery at the moment.

There are no* toilet rolls in my local supermarket!

Well, none at all last night but maybe they will have restocked overnight:lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
More worried if travel restrictions start kicking in........

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I’m not worried for myself but my wife has bad asthma and I am worried for her.

I think it’s going to get pretty bad for less healthy people and businesses

Panic buying? Nah

That's exactly how I am feeling.
Popped into supermarket today and purchased some anti bacterial handwash, the shelves were almost empty.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Aids has claimed millions. Controlled now in wealthy countries but not third world countries

Okay, I know in sub Saharan Africa it is a massive killer, but, I was commenting more on my own circumstances. I have never met anyone, to my knowledge, who is HIV positive. That maybe because our Government made such a huge effort to control it in the 80s, and maybe because I don’t move in the same circles as those who are more susceptible to it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's exactly how I am feeling.
Popped into supermarket today and purchased some anti bacterial handwash, the shelves were almost empty.

Try getting anti bacterial gel! I did go out if my way to obtain some, only place I could find it was from Viking without being totally ripped off

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Okay, I know in sub Saharan Africa it is a massive killer, but, I was commenting more on my own circumstances. I have never met anyone, to my knowledge, who is HIV positive. That maybe because our Government made such a huge effort to control it in the 80s, and maybe because I don’t move in the same circles as those who are more susceptible to it.

There are about 7000 new hiv cases a year in the uk and 100 deaths a year due to aids as there are very effective treatments now in wealthy countries

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here