Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Expect a small rise in comparison yes but 3 fold in 24 hours blimey if that was replicated here we would be in meltdown again!

Exactly, my reply was a sarcastic one, yet I didn’t mention disinfectant.

In the same way that some are wary of countries like China’s figures, I have been deeply suspicious of Germany’s.

It may be a racial stereotype on my part, but I just feel they want to be able to say, “look at us, aren’t we so much more clever than you lesser European nations, look we’ve got our football back, our death figures are low, etc...”

Or maybe it’s just me...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
could have more testing like germany and Korea.

Just because we ballsed up the testing which cost tens of thousands of lives , doesnt mean they have

moving thousands of patients into care homes has cost more then under-testing.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Tubes and buses full. Funny how after the key workers that have been on the front line, the next wave of people allowed to work are still pretty much low skilled, low paid. Collateral damage some might say.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

In the same way that some are wary of countries like China’s figures, I have been deeply suspicious of Germany’s.

It may be a racial stereotype on my part, but I just feel they want to be able to say, “look at us, aren’t we so much more clever than you lesser European nations, look we’ve got our football back, our death figures are low, etc...”

Or maybe it’s just me...

Blimey, get that chip off your shoulder

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Or maybe it’s just me...

On NSC we know that it's not just you, but that it's an insignificant minority. The most obvious of whom are, ironically, totally insignificant in real life :lolol:

The most important thing in this, which seems to have passed you by in your innate hatred of another nation, is that if loosening up restrictions results in a surge that is very bad news for everyone, regardless of nationality :facepalm:

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Something I've noticed ever since the statement on Sunday has been the increased shaming of people who are either seen as "dodging work" or who are going into work but doing it wrong (supposedly). Three essential strands here;

1. The shaming of workers who have gone back (or likely have no choice but to go back), as per the below
[TWEET]1260465038881685505[/TWEET]

2. The attacks on people who have been furloughed
[TWEET]1260332042253991936[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1260462316946182144[/TWEET]

3. The increased demands on some professions (mostly teachers it seems) to go back to work even when the risks are still there
[TWEET]1260307066578755585[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1260227620773519360[/TWEET]

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9345377 said:
Blimey, get that chip off your shoulder

So you have 100% faith in the figures that some countries are providing...

It seems at times in our need to be transparent with the information, that we are being more than...

Now we are just manipulating the truth with regards number of tests carried out...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My mother-in-law has been sent an antibody test by the NHS, guessing this is part of the ramping up of testing in the population at random.

She and my father-in-law were both (briefly) bed-ridden in late March with temperatures and coughs. We'll see.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
So you have 100% faith in the figures that some countries are providing...

It seems at times in our need to be transparent with the information, that we are being more than...

Now we are just manipulating the truth with regards number of tests carried out...

It's been on record that Germany only recorded direct covid deaths whereas France, Belgium and the UK have recorded suspected covid and as a contributing factor in the official statistics. That's why they're so different.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It's been on record that Germany only recorded direct covid deaths whereas France, Belgium and the UK have recorded suspected covid and as a contributing factor in the official statistics. That's why they're so different.

I am aware of that, which is why I can't understand why we hold their figures up like some shining Holy Grail. I'm not saying they haven't done things better than us, which I'm sure they have (can't have been much worse), but let's at least compare like with like...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
On the school situation someone is telling porkies.

Gavin Williamson has said he’s been liaising with Teacher Unions but the Unions are saying they have had no response from him at all.

From what I’ve read, all the Teacher Unions are uniting on this and opposing the government’s phased returns. It also seems like they have huge support from both teachers and parents.

This could get messy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Gavin Williamson has said he’s been liaising with Teacher Unions but the Unions are saying they have had no response from him at all.

From what I’ve read, all the Teacher Unions are uniting on this and opposing the government’s phased returns. It also seems like they have huge support from both teachers and parents.

This could get messy.
Any school return before Autumn at the earliest seemed very ambitious.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

This could get messy.

They are going to get involved in a fight on purpose.

[tweet]1260538409199812608[/tweet]

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
They are going to get involved in a fight on purpose.

[tweet]1260538409199812608[/tweet]

Given the response I’ve seen from parents, it’s a fight they should be wary of getting into.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Something I've noticed ever since the statement on Sunday has been the increased shaming of people who are either seen as "dodging work" or who are going into work but doing it wrong (supposedly). Three essential strands here;

1. The shaming of workers who have gone back (or likely have no choice but to go back), as per the below
[TWEET]1260465038881685505[/TWEET]

2. The attacks on people who have been furloughed
[TWEET]1260332042253991936[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1260462316946182144[/TWEET]

3. The increased demands on some professions (mostly teachers it seems) to go back to work even when the risks are still there
[TWEET]1260307066578755585[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1260227620773519360[/TWEET]

AA is right, to refuse to even discuss it is irresponsible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here