Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I agree with this, there was a wave of sickness at the turn of the year which have symptoms much like corona.

From the amount of people at work who've gone off to self isolate that I've been around, which now includes a girl I was literally sat next to last Monday, who's now ill with all the symptoms currently, if I don't get this then I must have had it the week after the Watford game as I was very ill the week commencing 10/02/20.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
180 is relatively positive news. I'm cautious that we are only 17 days past the Cheltenham festival, but that should work its way through the figures in the next couple of weeks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From the amount of people at work who've gone off to self isolate that I've been around, which now includes a girl I was literally sat next to last Monday, who's now ill with all the symptoms currently, if I don't get this then I must have had it the week after the Watford game as I was very ill the week commencing 10/02/20.

Or just as likely you are one of the very substantial percentage of people who are asymptomatic and could’ve had it and “recovered” at any point in the last month or two.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
We might even be nearly there now. I’ve a feeling this virus was at large sooner than first believed. Any deaths could well have been put down to flu and pneumonia.

This could well be the case. My only question to those who think this is: why, if it was around since Jan, didn't we see the same overwhelming of hospitals that we have seen in London recently? Especially if the 60% infected already is correct surely we'd have seen hospitals a breaking point well be for the end of March?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Mid jan for me

I was so I’ll i couldn’t leave bed to move downstairs as would be out of breath - worst I’ve ever felt and took over a week to get over.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This could well be the case. My only question to those who think this is: why, if it was around since Jan, didn't we see the same overwhelming of hospitals that we have seen in London recently? Especially if the 60% infected already is correct surely we'd have seen hospitals a breaking point well be for the end of March?

Would you go to hospital if you thought it was normal flu?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Is there still only 33 cases in Brighton and Hove? I continue to find that absolutely impossible to believe, for such a busy city and one of the first places to have an outbreak in the U.K. I just can’t believe this figure.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Is there still only 33 cases in Brighton and Hove? I continue to find that absolutely impossible to believe, for such a busy city and one of the first places to have an outbreak in the U.K. I just can’t believe this figure.

It is an incredible statistic. I’m hoping our super spreader saved our vulnerable by giving us all a mild strain/version more like a cold than flu that makes us resistant to the stronger version.

That’s what the vapour trails were telling me before they disappeared.

Hope it stays low.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I know a family of four who were fairly sure they had it last week - aches and pains, high temp and cough. Sure there are plenty more.

There are all sorts of variables at play. One possible reason children tend to be less affected is apparently that other, less harmful, coronaviruses are common in schools and nurseries and give some degree of protection. Could it be that these have been more prevalent in the UK than elsewhere in Europe? Let's see how the figures evolve.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Misses still says hospital is virtually empty however they've all been asked to work longer shifts / weekends from April..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Would you go to hospital if you thought it was normal flu?

I would if it was bad enough to put my in ICU. That was my point. Covid-19 is currently putting so many people in ICU we have run out of capacity. Surely this would have happened sooner had 60% of the population already been infected?

Genuine question as I really don't know.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I would if it was bad enough to put my in ICU. That was my point. Covid-19 is currently putting so many people in ICU we have run out of capacity. Surely this would have happened sooner had 60% of the population already been infected?

Genuine question as I really don't know.

I don’t know the stats for people in hospital during that time so I couldn’t answer.

It could just be Coincidence - tinfoil hat on

Assuming there was a fair bit about in January it would've been classed as Flu. From ICU perspective if the same types of people are likely to end up in hospital from either Flu or Covid then it may well not have been noticed as perhaps some people the Flu would've got were knocked out by Covid and the assumption was Flu.

Important to note that Flu deaths are not always classed as such, often classed as pneumonia as that's what it tends to develop in to in serious cases. Covid deaths, mainly from pneumonia, are classed as Covid so arguments could be made for Flu deaths being under reported and Covid either being accurately reported or over reported (in vulnerable patients if it hadn't been Covid it would've been the next chest infection that caused them to pass away, so whilst Covid completed the job, so to speak, it was coming regardless - as insensitive as that sounds).

Death rates are likely so much lower than reported so far. If we expect 10-20x more cases to have occurred than been confirmed by tests then conversely we can apply the same in reverse to death rates.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
CD5F2411-CA1C-49ED-8273-2EF9C369C9B2.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here