Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'd like to know more about the changes in reporting. The last 3 days have seen one that was about on a par with recent days then one low and one high.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
^ I do agree, but what over 70 doesn’t have underlying health issues? Not many I would guess? And also, it’s dreadful to me to think how many of the idiots who didn’t bother and thought they were hard not worrying about ‘just flu’ have infected their older parents or grandparents. Horrible really.

Also, with Mother’s Day just passed and so many ignoring the rules, it could get even worse :ohmy:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like to know more about the changes in reporting. The last 3 days have seen one that was about on a par with recent days then one low and one high.

This number has come from an extended period I believe, possibly 9am to the following 5pm.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Two tweets explaining the numbers yesterday and Today....

UPDATE on our reporting process:

We've revised our reporting approach to help ensure we provide more timely updates going forward. The reporting time period for deaths will be changed.

This thread explains how the new system will work ��

To ensure data can be verified and published in a timely, consistent way, we are moving to a new system for publication of deaths.

The latest figures counted from the previous day (for a period from 5pm-5pm) will be published at 2pm the following day.

Yesterday’s figures did not cover a full 24 hour period while we adjust to the new system. These figures comprised the period from 9am 24 March to 5pm on 24 March.

Figures issued today are recorded as of 5pm 24 March to 5pm 25 March.

Going forwards, figures on deaths will be recorded for the 24 hour period as of 5pm the previous day.

Figures on tests remain as of the 24 hour period from 9am that day.

We're working hard with colleagues at @PHE_uk and @NHSEngland to provide you with reliable and timely data.

UPDATE on coronavirus (#COVID19) testing in the UK:

As of 9am 26 March, a total of 104,866 have been tested:

93,208 negative.
11,658 positive.

As of 5pm on 25 March, of those hospitalised in the UK, 578 have sadly died.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This number has come from an extended period I believe, possibly 9am to the following 5pm.

Don't know how to embed tweets, but this is from DHSC https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1243237215511220224

To ensure data can be verified and published in a timely, consistent way, we are moving to a new system for publication of deaths.
The latest figures counted from the previous day (for a period from 5pm-5pm) will be published at 2pm the following day.

Yesterday’s figures did not cover a full 24 hour period while we adjust to the new system. These figures [the 43] comprised the period from 9am 24 March to 5pm on 24 March [ie: 43 in 8 hours - which would be 129 in 24 hours].

Figures issued today [113] are recorded as of 5pm 24 March to 5pm 25 March.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I read somewhere that when Italy went into full lockdown, a lot of the rich living in the North moved to their holiday homes in the south. This could explain the spread.

Yep - great swathes of people fled the North to their second homes in the South before the lockdown...................

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I see this has been covered above. Sadly not an extended period, but rather yesterday's low figure was a shorter period.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
So if they are switching to reporting at 2pm the following day we are next expecting an update saturday at 2pm

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So if they are switching to reporting at 2pm the following day we are next expecting an update saturday at 2pm

No. Today's figures are for the 24 hours ending at 5pm yesterday. So, at 2pm tomorrow, they will announce the figures for the 24 hours to 5pm this afternoon.

Mind - these are the mortality figures, the tested positive figures are still 9am-9am.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
No. Today's figures are for the 24 hours ending at 5pm yesterday. So, at 2pm tomorrow, they will announce the figures for the 24 hours to 5pm this afternoon.

Mind - these are the mortality figures, the tested positive figures are still 9am-9am.

Cheers. Got it. Scarcely know what day of the week it is with all this going on

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
This was from Italy yesterday, the Protezione Civile chief Borrelli, the person usually holding the daily press conference, is at home with a fever, while the former chief Bertolaso is now hospitalized in Milan after having tested positive to the virus

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Nice closing salvo from matey on Question Time.... be prepared for at least 11 weeks of this then the unknown 2nd and 3rd waves.

Happy Days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here