Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Guidance has changed on gov.uk in last 15 mins. Travel to work if you can’t work from home!! Key worker bit removed. Clear as mud.

Well as its worded now i feel ok to go to work...but will have to enforce distancing strictly as i have been and just stick to work/food and keeping an eye on a vulnerable person

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I thought that over 70 must stay in.

I don't think that's actually been in force yet. It's more that the over 70s must be more stringent in abiding by the social distancing advice. They have said that it could be brought in, but it's been overtaken by us all having to stay in now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Genuine question I don’t know the answer to and I have very limited medical knowledge so forgive me it if it sounds stupid.

If you have the virus and aren’t aware you do as I understand a lot might, is there any risk to you going running as it is a respiratory illness?

From what I’ve read, running will be the last thing you’ll want to do if you catch it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you're in the middle of a regrettable one night stand try and make the best of it. You're stuck with them till Easter.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Still quite vague, really. In theory I could go for a huge walk tomorrow lasting all day. There's no guidance on how far we should be from home and how long for. And it'll obviously be impossible to police the once a day for exercise rule

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Only non-essential retailers have to close. Grocers and pharmacies of any size remain open. This makes sense, many old people and others don’t drive and rely on essentials from their local shops.

im more than flabergasted at the lack of clear information. there are literally thousands of people available to do this, that specifically do planning, contingency analysis work, but no one has apparently considered what happens to MOTs and what qualifies as a food outlet. this isnt ministerial policy level, this detail is what departments of government are for.

Here is the official list - tucked away. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874732/230320_-_Revised_guidance_note_-_finalVF.pdf

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
im more than flabergasted at the lack of clear information. there are literally thousands of people available to do this, that specifically do planning, contingency analysis work, but no one has apparently considered what happens to MOTs and what qualifies as a food outlet. this isnt ministerial policy level, this detail is what departments of government are for.

The MOT issue with HGV's was addressed last week, therefore MOT test stations must not class as essential services, they must of known people will ask about car's.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Still quite vague, really. In theory I could go for a huge walk tomorrow lasting all day. There's no guidance on how far we should be from home and how long for. And it'll obviously be impossible to police the once a day for exercise rule

No...but quite a sizeable chunk of bods will follow advice...so surely its about some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here