Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is a quote I took directly from Sky News, rightly or wrongly, with a graph that appeared to back the claim. I guess it depends on what you interpret to be day one.
Todays numbers only came out an hour ago.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Staggering increase in numbers in the USA. Nearly 13k cases today, obviously higher populations but still, perhaps this is also because more testing is done in the US?

You can get a test in the US if you can afford it.

No, its supposed to be free now though its bit more complicated than that (https://time.com/5806724/coronavirus-testing-costs/)

About the number of tests Mike Pence last week said that this week (the one now ending) they would produce 1 million tests, next week 5 millions. No idea if theyve succeeded with this or not.

Yesterday it was reported that in the worst hit areas over here, testing has now been restricted to healthcare workers and the hospitalised, as the test kits are still in very short supply.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
woopwoop.jpg

Lowest percentage increase in Italy so far! Even if its still a lot of people, I really really really hope Italy are getting getting some results from the lockdown now. It would give people a lot of hope when we go into lockdown.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yesterday it was reported that in the worst hit areas over here, testing has now been restricted to healthcare workers and the hospitalised, as the test kits are still in very short supply.

From the article it seems like there is no shortage in test kits but shortage in everything else?

... though thats probably not better.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
German Chancellor Angela Merkel quarantined after being told that a doctor who gave her a vaccine against pneumococcal infection tested positive for the coronavirus. :facepalm:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It’s interesting how the daily ‘death toll’ data comes through at vastly varying times from each European country. Spain had announced there’s this morning whereas France have announced nothing yet.

Is our death toll done at 48 for today? Do any deaths from the time of the announcement onwards go towards tomorrow’s count?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It’s interesting how the daily ‘death toll’ data comes through at vastly varying times from each European country. Spain had announced there’s this morning whereas France have announced nothing yet.

Is our death toll done at 48 for today? Do any deaths from the time of the announcement onwards go towards tomorrow’s count?

Not normally it frustrates me that scotland and wales report separately normally earlier than the UK full totals.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007

To add to the confusion NI and Scotland submit theirs earlier than England. I think 48 is probably it for today - sadly I'm getting in the habit of watching death rates.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We have a LOT of pharma labs and suchlike over here. Surely this should've been sorted by now.

From what I understand its not as easy as just getting enough test kits.

For every test, a healthcare worker needs to dress up in complete safety equipment, take the test, remove all the equipment, put on new safety equipment, test the next one... takes time and staff resources and a lot of these masks and gloves and stuff are basically for one time use, then you need to throw it.

Dec 29, 2011
Staggering increase in numbers in the USA. Nearly 13k cases today, obviously higher populations but still, perhaps this is also because more testing is done in the US?

It's very small as a % of their population which is what really matter here. Assuming it's not concentrated in one area, such as China, a country with a fairly even geographical distribution of virus carriers will have more ability to treat people in absolute terms as they simple have a higher total capacity in hospitals.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What are you thinking, that she already had CV or that the elite already have a vaccine?

Not thinking much - it was just a very weird coincidence.

I am usually something of a conspiracy theorist but while I've stumbled across all the 5G, Bill Gates, bio-weapon and food shortage theories, I keep it out of my brain to keep myself and others from going insane. The "official" version is bad enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
German Chancellor Angela Merkel quarantined after being told that a doctor who gave her a vaccine against pneumococcal infection tested positive for the coronavirus. :facepalm:

Over 65s get a pneumonia jab here. I might be wrong but pneumococcal sounds like a bacterial infection to me, like streptococcal. It is probably given to ward off a secondary bacterial infection if she caught the virus?
I could be completely wrong, but just hazarding a guess.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Over 65s get a pneumonia jab here. I might be wrong but pneumococcal sounds like a bacterial infection to me, like streptococcal. It is probably given to ward off a secondary bacterial infection if she caught the virus?
I could be completely wrong, but just hazarding a guess.

It's a shot for bacterial pneumonia. The virus causes a viral pneumonia and from what I read in the early days of it, a lot of people got into trouble when the viral basically caused bacterial also and you had both at once and were generally ****ed. Could be wrong but seems a smart enough move to get a vaccine against bacterial if there's one available to you and she's in the danger zone age/contact wise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here