NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
World Heath Org. briefing now. WOW

Hope BJ listening

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
According to the doctor on the Jeremy Vine show today the virus can live for up to 24 hours on card or paper. Advice was to open the envelope/parcel and bin the wrapping. Then wash hands very well and use gel. Alternatively don’t touch the post for 24 hours. Getting scarier by the day

Thanks but shirley the inner will have the same virus! I'll go with leave the post for a couple of weeks

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If your worried and the treatment can wait, phone up the hospital and cancel. I did this for my mum today. They where actually grateful and completely understood the reasons. In a couple of months we might have a much better picture of what is going on.

I'm not worried and would prefer to have the polyp removed and biopsied, if I'm honest. I am fairly sure the doctor is right and it is just a polyp, but would prefer to make sure.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I love our very own experts on experts... I take great comfort from being told I'm going to die by someone who has zero authority, yet a massive sense of their own ability to translate all of the complexities for thick people like me.

God bless all of them.

Shine on [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION] you crazy diamond

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Everyone needs to be tested who has symptoms, or is just those in hospital and footballers.

How the hell do we know if we have had it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
No mention of how many UK deaths in the last 24 hours. Is it because it doesn't fit in the we must panic nature of the news?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I found that really strange

They said test everyone, and isolate people that test positive

Isn't that what everybody is trying their best to do?!

No unfortunately it isnt.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...il-spring-2021-and-could-see-79m-hospitalised

"The document also states that:

The health service cannot cope with the sheer number of people with symptoms who need to be tested because laboratories are “under significant demand pressures”.
From now on only the very seriously ill who are already in hospital and people in care homes and prisons where the coronavirus has been detected will get tested."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks but shirley the inner will have the same virus! I'll go with leave the post for a couple of weeks

Yeah but chances are it will have been put in the envelope more than 24 hours before you receive it. Unless of course it’s Amazon Prime :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...il-spring-2021-and-could-see-79m-hospitalised

The health service cannot cope with the sheer number of people with symptoms who need to be tested because laboratories are “under significant demand pressures”.
From now on only the very seriously ill who are already in hospital and people in care homes and prisons where the coronavirus has been detected will get tested."

That actually makes perfect sense now it’s assumably going rampant

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
not quite. but i do deal with medical data.

Not all heroes wear capes:

tom_camp_0.jpg

(sorry)

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

That's because we don't have enough tests to test everyone with flu symptoms.

(and as the other poster said, makes perfect sense to prioritise like this)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here