Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In that article it states “ FORMULA 1: The Bahrain Grand Prix from 20-22 March will be held behind closed doors.”

The Ferrari team has arrived in Melbourne and the Grand Prix is going ahead here as normal on Sunday!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motors...news-story/dc33c1369890cb4584427232a9c51f 5c

Let’s hope we don’t see a sudden surge in the virus here.

Juve Inter just played behind closed doors (Spoiler: cracking goal by Dybala!) a taste of whats to come?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If those requiring hospital beds in Italy outnumber the amount of beds available,what then?
Would they ask and expect neighbouring countries to take them?

We'll find out soon enough given that we don't have spare beds. First will be cancelling all surgeries. Then what? They'd have to decide which patients to treat.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Amazed to speak to colleagues today who think that Euro 2020 will go ahead. No chance imo.

Crazy that NEW gigs/events in the summer are being advertised too - more in hope than expectation, I guess.

(I predict the Euros will be put back 12 months, btw)

And Glastonbury I assume

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lockdown in the loosest sense of the word.

01b8713c53263f68b6f32e0fba7f6091.png

Ghost flight? Use it or lose it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In the grand scheme of things, none of these things are really that important, the euros, glastonbury, holidays whatever... We'll all certainly survive not having those entertainments for a year.

Probably, although I would be pissed off if our holiday in Madeira is off at Easter!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In the grand scheme of things, none of these things are really that important, the euros, glastonbury, holidays whatever... We'll all certainly survive not having those entertainments for a year.

I think " Staying in " will become increasingly more popular in the next 2-3 months. Footy will go, Cinemas and Theatres will be empty as will restaurants. If I had any cash to invest now it would be for shares in Netflix or similar and bookstores.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think " Staying in " will become increasingly more popular in the next 2-3 months. Footy will go, Cinemas and Theatres will be empty as will restaurants. If I had any cash to invest now it would be for shares in Netflix or similar and bookstores.

Reported that the GVT was having speaks with the broadcasters to show more games live on free to air as no one will get to see games.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Reported that the GVT was having speaks with the broadcasters to show more games live on free to air as no one will get to see games.

Mass public gatherings are simply too risky, sadly I can't see this season ending with full stadiums if at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wonder when all the dupes will realise the Tories have been lying about the NHS for years and rather than being world class it will collapse if this takes hold properly

Only an absolute arse would try and make political capital out of this impending disaster.

I struggle to believe many countries, if any at all, have the kind of capacity required sitting idle in case something like this happened.

Time will tell on all counts...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here