Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No toilet roll or soap and very little pasta in Morrisons in Hastings when I was in there an hour ago. Utter idiocy.

Tesco Bexhill had a number of packs of loo roll and some pasta, very little though. Was noticeable though how many people were purchasing tinned goods such as soup, veg, baked beans etc.

Most of the older residents, still act like it's war time :D

D

Deleted member 22389

Italy 1,492 new infections and 133 deaths recorded in one day. Even worse hundreds of people are heading South, and if it gets down there the situation will get even worse. Italy is a lesson to us all.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Italy 1,492 new infections and 133 deaths recorded in one day. Even worse hundreds of people are heading South, and if it gets down there the situation will get even worse. Italy is a lesson to us all.

It should be

But it won’t be

We have to take it on the chin don’t forget

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Does seem like people are starting to take it more seriously, I see less and less in the "nah its no worse than the flu" camp.

Should be a lesson learned for media as well. Their previous hysteria about diseases that in the end really was a small thing is now having the consequence that a lot of people are just shrugging their shoulders, something that could affect the chances about doing enough this time when we're dealing with a whole different beast.

D

Deleted member 22389

Does seem like people are starting to take it more seriously, I see less and less in the "nah its no worse than the flu" camp.

Should be a lesson learned for media as well. Their previous hysteria about diseases that in the end really was a small thing is now having the consequence that a lot of people are just shrugging their shoulders, something that could affect the chances about doing enough this time when we're dealing with a whole different beast.

I think this time next week we could easily see 700+ cases in this country, hope I'm wrong.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Another day of increased numbers nationally. Another day of no increase in Sussex. Keep the barriers up.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've got 4 supermarkets in walking distance, so often do all three.

Sainsburys has toilet paper back but oddly has ran out of flour. Well not all flour, there is ample BREAD FLOUR available and also loads of bread.

( and you can FREEZE cut bread )

Is everyone preparing to bake cakes ?

:lolol:

idiots

Morrisons had all flour EXCEPT white bread flour (which is what I wanted having run out yesterday).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
BREAKING NEWS ...

John Travolta was hospitalised for suspected COVID-19 yesterday, but doctors now confirm that it was only Saturday Night Fever, and they assure everyone that he is Staying Alive.

5f37c9ab4dbed29cb7c9885dcfd49d4c.jpg

A good news story amongst all this talk of disaster.

D

Deleted member 22389

BREAKING NEWS ...

John Travolta was hospitalised for suspected COVID-19 yesterday, but doctors now confirm that it was only Saturday Night Fever, and they assure everyone that he is Staying Alive.

5f37c9ab4dbed29cb7c9885dcfd49d4c.jpg

A good news story amongst all this talk of disaster.

Lol

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I think this time next week we could easily see 700+ cases in this country, hope I'm wrong.

I think that by next Sunday we will have over 1,000 cases

And deaths will have increased above 10.

It’s simple Maths now.

We will be at Italian levels in three weeks, unless more draconian measures are taken.

The problem with the “It’s only the flu” and “I’m alright Jack” brigade is that they will be more likely to be carriers and spreaders (as they are treating it as a bit of a joke), so the more vulnerable will be more at risk.

A few of them on this board

D

Deleted member 22389

It’s simple Maths now.

We will be at Italian levels in three weeks, unless more draconian measures are taken.

The problem with the “It’s only the flu” and “I’m alright Jack” brigade is that they will be more likely to be carriers and spreaders (as they are treating it as a bit of a joke), so the more vulnerable will be more at risk.

:thumbsup:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

It’s simple Maths now.

A few of extremes of each level same as anywhere else. Reality as always sits somewhere between the 2 extremes

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It’s simple Maths now.

The few are looking like mugs now. Got to love the wide variety of people and opinions on NSC though, it’s one of the reasons it’s such a great board :thumbsup:

Dec 29, 2011
Can anyone explain why this is different to bird flu? I didn't realise bird flu killed over 100,000 people. Was flu preventable with the normal flu vaccine, and if not, why wasn't there the same concern as we're seeing with this coronavirus?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can anyone explain why this is different to bird flu? I didn't realise bird flu killed over 100,000 people. Was flu preventable with the normal flu vaccine, and if not, why wasn't there the same concern as we're seeing with this coronavirus?

Because we live in a silly, triggered world where doom and disaster is mere moments away.

This time next year the average man on the Clapham omnibus will no more remember Coronavirus than they will who won Britain’s got talent in 2008.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

And over 500,000 people died of Swine Flu !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here