Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

I haven’t written him off… far from it, I’m just of the opinion he’s playing too deep, being asked to do things his game can’t deliver far too often.

But then again, you’ve always been a classic nsc blowhard… so naturally I have to bow to your own ridiculously high opinion of yourself.
Fair enough I didn’t mean to single your post out, it just seemed to ignore his good performances - I think Mo deserves to have those Everton and Ajax games remembered as much as yesterday’s lacklustre display

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve seen next to nothing about MD so far. A clever flick to make a goal at the Amex a few months back but he doesn’t make the midfield click at all. He’s tidy enough when we are on top but that’s it so far. He came from a top league with a top team I have to remind myself. Maybe still needs time but he won’t be figuring so much after January if we bolster that midfield

Dahoud along with other midfield was very poor in 1st half. Main reason improved when Gilmore came on was Burnley went back and did little attacking. This enabled Gross to help more in midfield and attack and of course the arrival of Mitoma also made all the difference in keeping defence occupied. Not saying Dahoud is great but he has had some good games and would have contributed far more in 2nd half with Burnley just defending and introduction of Mitoma
Indeed he’ll play regularly- while Gilmour and Gross have emerged as the favoured pair, I reckon Mo is next in line. It was interesting the other night that RDZ didn’t blame Van Hecke for the Brentford goal but a combination of Baleba and Hinsh. RDZ appears worried about Baleba’s ability to judge space in midfield, hence the move to give him a more straightforward job next to the central defenders. For all RDZ’s rotation we haven’t seen Milner entering the equation yet in CM

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don’t want to be harsh but I really don’t know what he does well, he seems like the type of player more suited to European games than the pace of the PL, seems to make a couple of bad passes then go into his shell and only play simple passes after that.

Jury is definitely still out but as a replacement for Mac or Caicedo he’s nowhere near.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I think that bloke at Arsenal was rubbish in his first 6months ……..his name was Thierry Henry!! Give Dahoud a chance, yes he was rubbish yesterday but he ain’t as bad as some others we have signed

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Fair enough I didn’t mean to single your post out, it just seemed to ignore his good performances - I think Mo deserves to have those Everton and Ajax games remembered as much as yesterday’s lacklustre display
All is forgiven ! I was possibly at harsh in my bitey riposte to be fair 🧐

I always support our boys, and believe Mo is suffering from both the transition to the PL and from the collective loss of Alexis and Moises - especially the former imho :(

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think that bloke at Arsenal was rubbish in his first 6months ……..his name was Thierry Henry!! Give Dahoud a chance, yes he was rubbish yesterday but he ain’t as bad as some others we have signed
I’ve seen many things in my life but comparing Dahouds current career path to Theiry Henry was not something I expected, have you been smoking any ‘herbal’ remedies today per chance?

I don’t think he’s rubbish, he’s just not shown anything remotely good enough to make a RDZ midfielders yet IMO.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I haven’t written him off… far from it, I’m just of the opinion he’s playing too deep, being asked to do things his game can’t deliver far too often.

But then again, you’ve always been a classic nsc blowhard… so naturally I have to bow to your own ridiculously high opinion of yourself.
Might I politely enquire as to what you mean by nsc blowhard ?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The verdict for me is definitely still out but got this horrible feeling there's a hint of Davy Propper about him :(

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
He's a bit like Dale Stephens, doesnt really do anything spectacular or standout but is, there ???

Sure he's not doing anything wrong and it probably takes a lot of getting used to RDZ's tactics.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Given the current situation and games we have, why stick the knife in the back of a player who does his best ? Anyone going on about the chances we don't take in the box ?...........................................it's what we have at the moment !

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He was actually playing well against Shef Utd before the red card.
He was awful in Athens though and again yesterday.
I agree with this. If a player manifestly has a poor game you should be allowed to say it. He has had some decent flashes for us, but is yet to string together a decent 90 minutes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here