Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You can see from those stats the most amazing thing about Mac and Moises is their defensive impact. Even though Dahoud does as much defensive work, what he was doing at BD had less overall impact. So what does that actually mean? Essentially that BD without Dahoud wouldn't concede many more chances and goals but that the Albion without Mac and Moises definitely would. Further, perhaps BD as an overall team are far better defensively whereas we were relying very heavily on those two. Keeping hold of Moises looks absolutely essential.

Beyond that though, both statistically and on the eye test, Dahoud looks like a class act.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think he's the kind of player that would actually want to be closed down quicker. In fact, opposition players would be well-advised to stand off him a little bit as get too tight and he'll spin you and be away.
...also wondering how teams are going to quickly close down all our players that need 'quickly closing down', particularly given how fast we move the ball.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
...also wondering how teams are going to quickly close down all our players that need 'quickly closing down', particularly given how fast we move the ball.
I thought our style of play wants our opponents to close us down :shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How does that allegedly work? Tried it on another website and it didn't work.
There you go, then...

Try it on the quoted article we're talking about and see if it works then.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I already subscribe to The Athletic.

Thought it might work on all subscriber only sites.
Ah right. No, like the ladder-based solution, it has its limits.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think he's the kind of player that would actually want to be closed down quicker. In fact, opposition players would be well-advised to stand off him a little bit as get too tight and he'll spin you and be away.
Perhaps, but he didn’t seem to appreciate the attention Newcastle gave him.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Hadn't seen much in Dahoud in the friendlies. but I was impressed with his contribution today. He needs to catch up to the physical demands of the division, but there was evidence there that he could pull the strings. Different type of player to AM & MC, but I can see why RDZ wanted him. He looks good on the half turn and as he gets to know his teammates better, he could be very influential.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I loves the way he takes his marker out of the equation by letting the ball run across him.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Thought he grew in to game really wel. A few more games a should be up to speed. No concerns about him at all, think he will be class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here