Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magnificent support?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
OK we all have to miss some games. I can't get to many midweek ones cos of work. But today's attendance of under 4500 was pathetic. We have a young, local team playing exciting football and lots of mouthy fans who tell other clubs how big we are.
Lets hear the excuses:
1 Withdean has no atmosphere. I can only watch the Albion away from home when I'm pissed and giving the home fans abuse.
2 I loved McGhee's boring tactics as we were playing proper football then against proper teams.
3 I only watch us in the cup against premiership clubs.
4 I'd rather post on NSC than watch Brighton actually play.
5 £15 is a rip off to watch some of the best young players in the country. I'll be able to see Dean Cox on tv every week when he's a premiership player in 2 years time.
6 Lewes DC have so ruined my life that I spend Saturday afternoons in onanistic appreciation of Simon Jordan's orange countenance.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Less agonising about Withdean's lack of atmosphere and more people attending might do the club some good. Unless attendances improve soon we'll be selling off our young superstars.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I pick that i dont actually have any money, and im in Southampton. Oh and i was cheerleading that day. If that makes me a bad fan, then i dont care, i had fun!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
mona said:
Unless attendances improve soon we'll be selling off our young superstars.

Can't agree more that is why we need good support every home game irrespective of the competition and a win in the next round of the cup. This to be followed by a big club away for the 3rd round. Either a London club or even Pompey, obviously Man U is the plum because of the size of the crowd. We would then earn some money and perhaps not have to sell either Cox, Robinson Lynch or Henderson in January.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I pick that I was working / on call all weekend.
But, hey, I am off tomorrow morning.

Can Insider arrange an Albion game for 8:30am on Monday morning, so I can start a thread saying how piss poor the attendance of 7 was? :shrug:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
University in Wales + Minimum Student Loan = No chance of seeing any games.

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Exiled in Milton Keynes + little money right now + no way of getting down unless my old man decides to go as well + a shit load of school work which needed doing!!

If i could have gone i would have!! seriously if i lived anywhere remotly near Brighton i would be at every home game

Being honest Its the people who live in or around Brighton and dont go to home games that need to be answering really!!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Techno said:
Exiled in Milton Keynes + little money right now + no way of getting down unless my old man decides to go as well + a shit load of school work which needed doing!!

If i could have gone i would have!! seriously if i lived anywhere remotly near Brighton i would be at every home game

Being honest Its the people who live in or around Brighton and dont go to home games that need to be answering really!!

Exactly!!

Btw - love your quote underneath your name - makes me laugh!!! Je t'plea bleu!

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
¡Cereal Killer! said:
Would love to get to more games but cant afford it.

Benn to every home cup game this season though :clap:

Fair enough...money is a legit issue.

What gets me (although this isnt happening so much right now!!) is when people dont go and their excuse is i dont like the manager/chairman/style of play/tactics etc.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I had a job interview. Some things are more important than a FA cup first round game against Northwich Victoria.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here