Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

magic mushrooms

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Shamelessly copied and pasted from Allmusic.com:

The Magic Mushrooms released one of the finest pieces of early psychedelic garage madness, "It's-A-Happening," in late 1966. Introduced by nothing less than mindblowing screeching distorted guitars, the rave-up verses threatened to go out of whack like a cuckoo clock unwinding for the last time. These were brought to sudden halts by fuzz guitar licks and scrapes, after which a narrator intoned spoken pearls of acidic wisdom such as "spray the weed, a zephyr breeze, a mushroom hangs above the ground." Whether this was serious brain-damaged psychedelia or a parody of some sorts is unclear. The production was quite advanced for its time, however, particularly in the guitar work, and actually made #93 in the charts, on A&M Records no less.

Since original members of garage bands such as the Magic Mushrooms are usually found by fanatical fanzine editors, it's odd that so little hard information has come to light about the band, doubly so since "It's-A-Happening" was included on the landmark Nuggets compilation. According to the liner notes on the Nuggets box set, the single was recorded in New York, and writer/producer Sonny Casella was based in Philadelphia. According to Lenny Kaye's original liner notes, they also did singles for East Coast and Philips, and according to Mike Stax's liner notes on the box, they released two albums. A couple of other tracks have shown up on obscure garage-psychedelic compilations, such as "Never Let Go" (on You Gotta Have Moxie Vol. 2, a really tough and rapid bluesy garage tune, and the more generic garage song "I'm Gone."

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I OD'd on Magic Mushrooms once.
Well I didn't really but I thought I did. Went to hospital and everything.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
they go good in TEA so I'm told!

new thread: How Many Magic Mushrooms Do You Have In Your Tea? :D

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
better in Coffee Marc . . .hides the taste, which isn't nice

I have an Album called 'Growers of mushroom' by Leafhound . . . it rocks !

Eggmundo

Jul 8, 2003
eastlondonseagull said:
Eggmundo wrote:

Bloody hell, how many did you have? I'm going magic mushroom picking this weekend. Very tasty straight from the ground :clap2:
Not sure, lost count as the psyclobin (sp.?) induced hazed swept over me and my mate kept stuffing them in my mouth while placing 2 pieces of bread either side of his head and proclaiming to be a sausage machine.
It was that point I freaked out.
Bad thing was my mum worked in the hospital they took me to.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Eggmundo said:

did she find out, where you rumbled ? . .was she wearing yellow purple and mauve psychedelic print clothing with orange suede pixie boots and multi coloured flashing hair ? :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
zefarelly said:
better in Coffee Marc . . .hides the taste, which isn't nice

I have an Album called 'Growers of mushroom' by Leafhound . . . it rocks !

blimey...getting high on caffiene & shrooms.....sounds wicked! :smokin:

fantastic in hot chilli's especially for the unsuspecting, who think at first that they have just got a bit of a sweat on:lolol:

I used to pick em in Partrige Green. I could get a carrair bag full. I only ever bolied 80, that was enough, anymore and you're on
cloud9.gif

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
London Calling said:
fantastic in hot chilli's especially for the unsuspecting, who think at first that they have just got a bit of a sweat on:lolol:

you've got to be cruel to be kind :lolol:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Eggmundo said:
Not sure, lost count as the psyclobin (sp.?) induced hazed swept over me and my mate kept stuffing them in my mouth while placing 2 pieces of bread either side of his head and proclaiming to be a sausage machine.
It was that point I freaked out.

Did they give you anything to sort you out, or did you just sleep it off? :O

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
Was in the company of a couple of famous Big Fellas(Clapham Junction Platform Picture) in Amsterdam when said Big Man tried to attack a picture on the wall because he thought the bloke in the car called him a !!!!!!

Big R*b was jumping up and down on the bed demanding we go look for pizza those Falkirk Hooligans are sill under the floorboards :lolol:

Eggmundo

Jul 8, 2003
eastlondonseagull said:
Did they give you anything to sort you out, or did you just sleep it off? :O
Mum went mental!
No they just sat me and my mate in opposite cubicles and "kept their eye on us".
Amazing trip though...not one you forget in a hurry.
In fact the flashbacks are something to look forward too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here