Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Apparently he was, even some time ago, but was ruled out at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52914016

Police said the suspect was one of 600 people that detectives on the inquiry, known as Operation Grange, originally looked at, though he had not been a suspect.

After an appeal in 2017, "significant" fresh information about him was provided.

Since then, Met detectives have carried out "extensive inquiries" in Portugal and Germany in order to gather more details about him.

The force said it was trying to "prove or disprove" his involvement in the case and retained an "open mind".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seems like this tragic case might be a step closer to being solved. The anecdotal evidence is damning but will they have enough to nail the German - perhaps he’ll admit it?

More than 6 years between posts!

The fact that he changed the registration of his car on the day after is a huge coincidence if he's not the abductor. I hope you're right and he tells everything he knows. The family deserve some closure if possible.

Seems far more than just anecdotal evidence must be available..........to go as far as they have very publicly, including naming him, publishing his phone numbers, pictures of his vehicles etc makes me think they have pretty much already nailed him (or he's made a confession - I hope he has/does, so this can be closed for the sake of all those involved). They are also very sadly essentially confirming she isn't alive - implying they know what's happened.

Not stayed at that particular complex, but have stayed at similar - FWIW haven't, and never would leave a 3 year old in an apartment alone anywhere whilst going for a drink (or any other reason)

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The dynamic duo, Morgan and Reid, said on ITV this morning would we still be talking about this case 13 years later if Madelaine had been black?

Personally I think we would.

Ben Needham is still spoken about and he came from a working class northern family.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The dynamic duo, Morgan and Reid, said on ITV this morning would we still be talking about this case 13 years later if Madelaine had been black?

Ben Needham is still spoken about and he came from a working class northern family.

It's just Morgan trying to create a stir in a bid to gain populist support. I wish there was an 'ignore' function which could stop a person from being in any news feed anywhere.

That said, the background of a family does affect the way things are reported and discussed. Had the McCann family been working class I suspect the press would have been less supportive at the start.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I agree.

Its the way the family have used the media that have kept this visible, not skin colour.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Seems far more than just anecdotal evidence must be available..........to go as far as they have very publicly, including naming him, publishing his phone numbers, pictures of his vehicles etc makes me think they have pretty much already nailed him (or he's made a confession - I hope he has/does, so this can be closed for the sake of all those involved). They are also very sadly essentially confirming she isn't alive - implying they know what's happened.

Not stayed at that particular complex, but have stayed at similar - FWIW haven't, and never would leave a 3 year old in an apartment alone anywhere whilst going for a drink (or any other reason)

And one which had public access from the street.....

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Well he was one of the newspaper editors that was lapping up this story for many years. I bet there are loads of BAME abductees that nobodies ever heard of, maybe weren't as pretty as Maddie, so he decided not to run the story. So who is it that he is criticising? Who was more responsible than him for determining what made the news at the time?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s interesting reading my post on the first page - I did think the parents had something to do with it at the time but then I watched the documentary series on Netflix and my opinion changed, I think they are totally in the wrong for leaving the children there and in my opinion that is inexcusable but I don’t think they had something to do with it.

That being said, I don’t know if it will be a ‘relief’ to them to finally know what happened to her, I can’t imagine my child disappearing and never finding out what happened, that’s a mental life sentence.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It’s interesting reading my post on the first page - I did think the parents had something to do with it at the time but then I watched the documentary series on Netflix and my opinion changed, I think they are totally in the wrong for leaving the children there and in my opinion that is inexcusable but I don’t think they had something to do with it.

That being said, I don’t know if it will be a ‘relief’ to them to finally know what happened to her, I can’t imagine my child disappearing and never finding out what happened, that’s a mental life sentence.

I recall that after watching the Netflix documentary I was of the opinion that the abduction was definitely paedo related as this is what the evidence was pointing to

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

The relief will be that it diverts attention from them.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Seems as though we may soon have an answer as to what happened to young Madeleine. What a year this is turning out to be. :down:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Seems as though we may soon have an answer as to what happened to young Madeleine. What a year this is turning out to be. :down:

The competing emotions the parents must be going through at this moment are incomprehensible.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The Attwood stuff is quite compelling. Don't forget, despite him having a hardon for nutters like Icke, he was absolutely spot on about Epstein (to the point of predicting his 'suicide' the day he was arrested).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
<mod edit> original libellous quote removed.
The family had twins and another child. If the police & social workers thought the parents had killed her, the other children would have been removed from their care.
The German was in Portugal at the time, is a convicted paedophile, so is a suspect not a scapegoat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here