Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There will always be an element of Hillsborough about the McCann case.

You still have some people gobbing off about Liverpool fans forcing open gates and being drunk without tickets, even though there is no evidence of that and the police chiefs have overseen a huge rewriting of events, ably seconded by The Sun and some others.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
For anyone to outright accuse them is out of order. However, if someone wants to question their involvement then I can't condemn that. I find it all very dull when people act outraged just because some people might ask questions.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What unanswered questions? There has been exhaustive enquiry by the Portuguese and British Police, christ knows how much attention by criminal psychologists, profilers and other experts and no serious investigators believe Kate and Gerry McCann had anything to do with it.

You seem to have formed a view based on your bias and instinct. Everyone has a right to be wrong but at least try and offer an argument before deciding guilt and defaming them. What evidence do you have of their involvement? How come you are allowed to point fingers at the McCanns with impunity? Just give me the FACTS behind your suspicions.

There is NO facts? Surely that's the whole reason this case is so mysterious if you read my posts all along I've said, there is no evidence pointing to anything else, if you were the investigator be honest, would you not have looked more into the McCanns story of events from that day and especially in the hours leading up to 10PM, as I said earlier one of my main reasons is the DNA/Sniffer dog evidence, that I agree isn't submissable as it COULD be explained other ways but its a little coincidental that the dog smelt a 'Corpse' and blood/DNA was found. But I'll be honest as I said I just have a gut feeling and I have since seeing them the day after it all happened. Shoot me down for having an opinion that isn't shared by others.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The initial investigation cannot have been that ****ing exhaustive can it, judging by the fact it's back on CrimeWatch 6 years after the events.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Am I sitting in Judgement? No. I'm, not. I am expressing surprise that the possibility of them being involved was considered so briefly. People need to detach the emotional "God how can you accuse the parents, the hell they must be in" reaction. I am not accusing them I am saying the investigation should have delved further into their possible involvement. Crimes don't get solved by pussyfooting around the nearest and dearest The people closest to a victim are usually the ones with motive, means and opportunity and they often turn out to be the perpetrator.

So please, read what people have posted before you come back with accusations. Read and understand.

I couldn't help but think of this after reading your post:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's a horrible choice of words, but I imagine you must 'get over it' to some extent after six years. You're not going to be bursting into tears every five minutes like you would be just after the abduction. I don't think they did anything wrong tonight and, for what it's worth, I definitely don't think they had anything to do with her disappearance. They were just unlucky that the combination of a poor decision (going to dinner without the kids), a sick kidnapper in the area and an inept police force occurred.

The most important news of the evening is that Kirsty Young absolutely thrashed Kate in the MILF race.

For once, I think I actually agree with you. Your brief analysis just about sums it up for me.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
£5million of Met Police funding to re open the case, regardless of the rights and wrongs of the whole tragic chain of events I wonder how Stephen Lawrence's parents feel with that kind of money being spent on an incident that didn't even take place in this country let alone London?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
£5million of Met Police funding to re open the case, regardless of the rights and wrongs of the whole tragic chain of events I wonder how Stephen Lawrence's parents feel with that kind of money being spent on an incident that didn't even take place in this country let alone London?

I'm just guessing here but the trials, retrials, guilty verdict and still open Lawrence case probably cost a few quid...

Do you think £5 mill would be a wast of money if your three year old daughter had been snatched?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Or all the parents of those countless other hundreds of disappeared children who didn't attract any interest beyond their local missing persons bureau?

That so much human energy, public funding and media attention should continue be siphoned off to this one case of comfortably-off yet catastrophically neglectful parents is what sticks most in my craw.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
There is NO facts? Surely that's the whole reason this case is so mysterious if you read my posts all along I've said, there is no evidence pointing to anything else, if you were the investigator be honest, would you not have looked more into the McCanns story of events from that day and especially in the hours leading up to 10PM, as I said earlier one of my main reasons is the DNA/Sniffer dog evidence, that I agree isn't submissable as it COULD be explained other ways but its a little coincidental that the dog smelt a 'Corpse' and blood/DNA was found. But I'll be honest as I said I just have a gut feeling and I have since seeing them the day after it all happened. Shoot me down for having an opinion that isn't shared by others.

Like I said earlier. Cadaverine dogs can't smell if a body had been there for less than 20 minutes as had to have happened here...unless we suppose that the McCanns had stuffed the body behind the couch while everyone was hunting for her when the alarm was raised and no one bothered to look there (the FIRST place I'd look for a hiding three year old btw)

The DNA in the car? The car was hired two weeks after she went missing but her DNA would have been all over their stuff so it's more likely it was contaminated after she disappeared than Gerry digging her up and driving her rotting body around in it. To just have a hunch that "something doesn't add up" is not a reason to continue to accuse them of murdering their baby. The clue here is that the Met officers have reexamined every shred of evidence and have concluded someone else was the perpetrator. That's enough for me.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Or all the parents of those countless other hundreds of disappeared children who didn't attract any interest beyond their local missing persons bureau?

That so much human energy, public funding and media attention should continue be siphoned off to this one case of comfortably-off yet catastrophically neglectful parents is what sticks most in my craw.

What? So we should just forget about her then to save a few quid? Catastrophic neglect? They were 20 meters away. It's not like they went out on the Razz.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I picked up a discarded Daily Star today, in the Waitrose cafe. Their piece on last night's developments was strange, as whilst the words back up all that has been said here, distancing them from involvement, they have deliberately laid out their spread to position a big photo of Gerry McCann alongside the (very similar) e-fit of the suspect.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Nope there isn't. If people are brutally honest, if they haven't found her by now they aren't going too. I still believe the parents have something to do with it, just my opinion but then I also think the way the parents have released books and been general media whores is pretty disgusting too.

You're being very unkind and unfair. The yhave done everything they can to keep the case in the public eye for the right reasons.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
There will always be an element of Hillsborough about the McCann case.

You still have some people gobbing off about Liverpool fans forcing open gates and being drunk without tickets, even though there is no evidence of that and the police chiefs have overseen a huge rewriting of events, ably seconded by The Sun and some others.

Excellent post.

The gutter press are past masters at feeding the inevitable quick-to-judge lynch mob, clamouring for retribution in reflection of its own nasty personality.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I picked up a discarded Daily Star today, in the Waitrose cafe. Their piece on last night's developments was strange, as whilst the words back up all that has been said here, distancing them from involvement, they have deliberately laid out their spread to position a big photo of Gerry McCann alongside the (very similar) e-fit of the suspect.

It's probably because the press (without any evidence) still feel he's involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here