Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Am I sitting in Judgement? No. I'm, not. I am expressing surprise that the possibility of them being involved was considered so briefly. People need to detach the emotional "God how can you accuse the parents, the hell they must be in" reaction. I am not accusing them I am saying the investigation should have delved further into their possible involvement. Crimes don't get solved by pussyfooting around the nearest and dearest The people closest to a victim are usually the ones with motive, means and opportunity and they often turn out to be the perpetrator.

So please, read what people have posted before you come back with accusations. Read and understand.

Hardly an accusation....i'm sorry if you felt that way..As regards to your post how do you know they haven't delved further into there possible involvement? i imagine theres a fair bit we ALL don't know

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In the thousand upon thousands of police man hours spent on this case don't you think that they delved into their possible involvement more than surface deep??

I don't know. Do you?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Brilliant effort but I refer you to my previous post: he would have to be in two places at once based on the metropolitan police timeline. Mum left dad at table, at the same time man seen walking to beach.

Maybe the police are testing all theories and putting them under the spot light it is not the first time police have put parents they suspect in front the cameras to test them. Not that aim saying that I think they did it as I have not as scooby doo.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hardly an accusation....i'm sorry if you felt that way..As regards to your post how do you know they haven't delved further into there possible involvement? i imagine theres a fair bit we ALL don't know

I don't like being accused of sitting in judgement, especially in serious legal threads. Anyway. You're right there is plenty we don't know. I think it is fairly public knowledge that the first few hours were something of a shambles investigation wise. The fact that no-one can even come up with a credible account of events that night, one way or another makes me question the investigation. It doesn't convince me they were involved. It doesn't convince me they weren't involved. It makes me ask questions.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't like being accused of sitting in judgement, especially in serious legal threads. Anyway. You're right there is plenty we don't know. I think it is fairly public knowledge that the first few hours were something of a shambles investigation wise. The fact that no-one can even come up with a credible account of events that night, one way or another makes me question the investigation. It doesn't convince me they were involved. It doesn't convince me they weren't involved. It makes me ask questions.
''It doesn't convince me they were involved. It doesn't convince me they weren't involved. It makes me ask questions''.

I think thats a fair point of view

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A number of points to clarify here.
1 They didn't refuse to answer, they said they couldn't explain any more than they already had.
2 Take an ultraviolet light into ANY hotel room in the world, you will find evidence of human blood, faeces, seminal and vaginal fluids, saliva and any amount of other DNA samples.
3 Forensic corpse sniffer dogs cannot differentiate between mammalian corpses with any degree of accuracy.
4 DNA evidence of Maddie in the boot of the car can be explained any number of ways through cross contamination. DNA transfer is incredibly easy, for example, from beach towels, bathing costumes etc.
5 If confronted by any of the above "evidence", your only possible answer if innocent could only be. "I cannot explain any more than I already have."

Even if what all of you say is true, these things COULD be unreliable, there is more evidence that makes me think they were involved somehow in her disappearance than there is evidence of anything else happening. (Kidnap ect)

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Well, you may have picked up that I am questioning the investigation. If you have answers please enlighten me.

At the time of the original disappearance I was dating a social worker who was with the child protection agency. I learnt through her that the McCanns were questioned extensively many times and at one point were the main suspects. At that time they were cleared of involvement. I was not privy to any more information other than that, it would have been extremely unprofessional of her to divulge anything else of significance. However, she was of the opinion that they were not involved and indeed it was the opinion of the police as well.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nobody is stoping me, I have been insulted and told 'shame on me' for having an opinion that differs to others

I sympathise. That must be horrible, certainly compared to something like...

I still believe the parents have something to do with it

...at the end of the day what are people basing the fact they DON'T think it had something to do with them?

They didn't have anything to do with it, did they? I must have missed the trial.

And I don't trust them. Especially the father.

I've learned over the years that trust is based on knowing someone. How someone can build a level or trust or distrust to accuse the person of murdering their own daughter, on the strength of a lot of interviews is beyond me. Unless, of course, you are an expert in that field.

I don't know what happens in the 'afterlife'. Some people believe we just die and feed crops, others believe we go to heaven or hell. Who knows?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At the time of the original disappearance I was dating a social worker who was with the child protection agency. I learnt through her that the McCanns were questioned extensively many times and at one point were the main suspects. At that time they were cleared of involvement. I was not privy to any more information other than that, it would have been extremely unprofessional of her to divulge anything else of significance. However, she was of the opinion that they were not involved and indeed it was the opinion of the police as well.

Yes but that doesn't suit the agenda of some people though does it

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
A number of points to clarify here.
1 They didn't refuse to answer, they said they couldn't explain any more than they already had.
2 Take an ultraviolet light into ANY hotel room in the world, you will find evidence of human blood, faeces, seminal and vaginal fluids, saliva and any amount of other DNA samples.
3 Forensic corpse sniffer dogs cannot differentiate between mammalian corpses with any degree of accuracy.
4 DNA evidence of Maddie in the boot of the car can be explained any number of ways through cross contamination. DNA transfer is incredibly easy, for example, from beach towels, bathing costumes etc.
5 If confronted by any of the above "evidence", your only possible answer if innocent could only be. "I cannot explain any more than I already have."

All correct. The Cadaverine sniffer dog apparently indicating positive for a corpse behind the couch, the positive idication of a body being in their car..Also complete shit. Cadaver dogs can't smell a body that was only there for approx 20 minutes as was the case here before the place was swarming with bizzies...and the McCanns only hired the car 2 weeks after Maddie disappeared. The theory being that Gerry buried her on the beach, waited 2 weeks, then went back, whilst under Police scrutiny, dug her up and moved her.

What rot.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not surprising that the "conspiracy industry" has jumped on. Cocked up initial investigation plus time and the amateur detectives rush in. It's always the same.

Didn't see the programme, but fascinated that our Police have traced the initial suspect, eliminated him and turned their attention back to other events that were dismissed at the time.

No idea what happened - but why would I ? I'm not a professional investigator and neither are the authors of most that is written on the www.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here