Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann potentially found

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe they shouldnt have left the kids alone - middle class doctors no one seemed to mind this terrible peice of parenting. If they had been working class chavs - we would have seen a very different story...

I am sorry they lost their child - but it was their fault.

Idiot.

To expand - it is difficult to know what precautions you can take against predatory child-snatchers. Most of us get away with stuff that other poor unfortunates do not.
What's so idiotic about saying they shouldn't have left their kids alone? I wouldn't ever leave mine alone in our own country, let alone abroad. That doesn't make what happened less upsetting, but they still shouldn't have left them alone.

Others are more sensible and don't leave their children, and that doesn't always stop them being taken, but it is fair to say they were stupid leaving them alone.

Last edited:

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
What's so idiotic about saying they shouldn't have left their kids alone? I wouldn't ever leave mine alone in our own country, let alone abroad. That doesn't make what happened less upsetting, but they still shouldn't have left them alone.

so thats it is it? they all deserve it and are undeserving of anyones sympathy cos they made a mistake??

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
so thats it is it? they all deserve it and are undeserving of anyones sympathy cos they made a mistake??
Of course not, that's mental. No one under any circumstances desrves anything like that. I just read a post that said they were sorry what had happened, but it was their fault. Obviously you could take that as being very heartless if you read too much into it, but I didn't think it was meant that way (ie, to suggest they had no empathy because they had it coming). I do find it annoying that they left their child alone, that's all.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Of course not, that's mental. No one under any circumstances desrves anything like that. I just read a post that said they were sorry what had happened, but it was their fault. Obviously you could take that as being very heartless if you read too much into it, but I didn't think it was meant that way (ie, to suggest they had no empathy because they had it coming). I do find it annoying that they left their child alone, that's all.

ok. I hear you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Why are people still arguing about this? It's not her therefore it's sick the mail should run such stories to sell a few more copies. Any chance it IS her, then let the police investigate, don't splash it all over the front page, this is surely only like to jeopardise things. If you believe this story holds any benefit other than financial and soothing the mug readers conscience, you are deluded.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The Mail/Express are going to be raking up Madeleine / Diana stories for the next 100 years because it appeals to their readership. The fact that it's all bullshit doesn't matter as long as the "chattering classes" get their fix. Something to discuss at their pilates mornings.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
You're being either deliberately obtuse or you just have no interest in anything other than yourself.

I was querying the statistical semantics.

you will think differently when, of if, you ever become a parent.

I'll think that it's OK to sensationalise the death/kidnapping of a kid to sell newspapers? I f***ing doubt it. After all, that's been my friggin point since the start of the thread.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Others are more sensible and don't leave their children, and that doesn't always stop them being taken, but it is fair to say they were stupid leaving them alone.

It was not their fault. The person to blame was the person or persons who took the poor child. If you think it was their fault - the charge stands.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
While not wishing to comment on the various rights and wrongs of the arguments and opinions already on this thread, it seems clear from the strength of opinions expressed why such febrile stories appear in the press.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was not their fault. The person to blame was the person or persons who took the poor child. If you think it was their fault - the charge stands.
I don't think the charge was against me in the first place :)

It's like if you're happily driving your car and some idiot drives into you - and you weren't wearing your seatbelt. Not your fault they crashed into you, but you're more likely to die if you weren't wearing a belt, which is your fault. Contributory negligence.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
What I have never understood about this case is that the most likely scenario is the one least reported and investigated by the press, namely that that a young unattended child woke up in the middle of the night and went looking for her parents in the villa. Upon not finding them (they were out boozing) she climbed on the setee to look out the window for them - and fell off hitting her head on the tiled floor. Parents upon return find by now dead child - panic because as middle class professionals this will not look good - and swiftly dispose of the body and claim abduction. The cadaever and blood dogs (both 100% success records proir to this) indicated blood and a dead body behind setee and under window in their appartment. Also cadaevar dog indicated body in car and clothes. Of course I am not saying this did happen - but for me it is the most likely. After all, why upon learning of the dogs findings did the McCanns immediately begin gathering evidence on how to discredit the dog's info instead of saying "Hoorah - new evidence - lets follow this up and get to the bottom of what happened to our child." No one was accusing them of killing their child - it could all have been explained as an accident.

Stumpy Tim

What I have never understood about this case is that the most likely scenario is the one least reported and investigated by the press, namely that that a young unattended child woke up in the middle of the night and went looking for her parents in the villa. Upon not finding them (they were out boozing) she climbed on the setee to look out the window for them - and fell off hitting her head on the tiled floor. Parents upon return find by now dead child - panic because as middle class professionals this will not look good - and swiftly dispose of the body and claim abduction. The cadaever and blood dogs (both 100% success records proir to this) indicated blood and a dead body behind setee and under window in their appartment. Also cadaevar dog indicated body in car and clothes. Of course I am not saying this did happen - but for me it is the most likely. After all, why upon learning of the dogs findings did the McCanns immediately begin gathering evidence on how to discredit the dog's info instead of saying "Hoorah - new evidence - lets follow this up and get to the bottom of what happened to our child." No one was accusing them of killing their child - it could all have been explained as an accident.

I think that hasn't been reported because it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You're suggesting two parents found their child had died in an accident, and tried to cover the accident up? Why would they do that? What kind of f***ed up thought process would it be for TWO educated adults to come to the conclusion that it would be better to hide their dead child rather than say she had been involved in a tragic accident. Absurd

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I think that hasn't been reported because it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You're suggesting two parents found their child had died in an accident, and tried to cover the accident up? Why would they do that? What kind of f***ed up thought process would it be for TWO educated adults to come to the conclusion that it would be better to hide their dead child rather than say she had been involved in a tragic accident. Absurd

Had this been the scenario that happened, I doubt the GMC would have been too happy to keep people convicted of child abandonment registered. Although I don't think either of them has practised since it happened anyway.

edit: looks like the father is back working as a doctor.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The cadaever and blood dogs (both 100% success records proir to this) indicated blood and a dead body behind setee .

They may have found blood, but not sure that dogs can detect her DNA and neither did the scientists as far as I have read.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Because she comes from a white, middle class family.

The sad fact is that had the exact same circumstances occurred but it was a child from an ethnic minority or normal working class family who had gone missing, the media focus would have disappeared YEARS ago.

Not entirely sure about that. Sarah Payne has been able to campaign etc and she certainly was not from a privileged background. A person who unfortunately is again in the spotlight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here