Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackail Smith burnout!

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Relying on this guy far too much and in danger of doing to him what Rafa Benitez done to Torres at Liverpool,it seems he is our only decent forward,bit of a joke really

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Oh, it's burnout is it?
When Barnes or Paynter miss sackfulls of chances, They're shit.
When CMS does it, it's Burnout.
Ever considered that some are not as bad as some people think and others are not as perfect?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Oh, it's burnout is it?
Ever considered that some are not as bad as some people think and others are not as perfect?

I don't think Barnes is shit, he is lacking confidence, he has shown he has the skill. Paynter IS bad.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just got in from the town so had a few beers:smile:
Not a bad performance actually with players missing and must say 3-0 is a bit flattering for reading.Of cause i was in the reading end and everyone was praising CMS so this burn-out bollocks is tosh.

We did miss a few sitters for sure,gutted we lost 3-0 but we created chances which is very promising,need to get this midfield sorted out ASAP and boyd must be brought.

Great following today considering the train station was closed and you were very load at times:)

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Cant fault cms workrate and how he aknowleges the fans but he really needs to start putting theses chances away

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Oh, it's burnout is it?

To be honest, I have been questioning how good CMS actually is.

Yes he has an amazing drive and work rate with blistering pace, but he has been off target probably more times than he should have been for many of our expectations.
His first touch isn't consistently great and his hold up play isn't his strongest point. (Although I know that we probably haven't employed him to carry out that sort of role).

What I keep saying to myself is that until we have better players or a better functioning team (set up to suit his playing style more) he will always be limited to what he can do but he has been in positions where he should have done better and it's been frustrating to see brilliant opportunities missed.

Before the CMS fan club get on my back, I am not slating him. He has excellent qualities but is he as good as what everyone is making out ?

I think, personally, I will reserve my judgement if/when we provide him with better support over at least half a season. (Hoping that Gus will bring some quality in over Jan to strengthen the team).

Until then I will be observing with eagerness to see him do well.

Im sorry but Craig Mackail Smith does not justify the money he is on. That is a FACT. He is overpaid for what he is and I beleive we have payed over the odds for him. I also though todays game was crying out for Glenn Murray but hey ho. What did he do today? YES he runs and runs. People can be trained to attain that fitness. Aside from that he has missed two glorious chances. Just to note I am actually a fan and understand that at times we do not supply enough but someone put those crosses in for him, infact Noone put many good crosses in when coming on. I am starting to think the services is not the problem AT THE MOMENT!

( Also Billy Paynter is cack)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Im sorry but Craig Mackail Smith does not justify the money he is on. That is a FACT. He is overpaid for what he is and I beleive we have payed over the odds for him. I also though todays game was crying out for Glenn Murray but hey ho. What did he do today? YES he runs and runs. People can be trained to attain that fitness. Aside from that he has missed two glorious chances. Just to note I am actually a fan and understand that at times we do not supply enough but someone put those crosses in for him, infact Noone put many good crosses in when coming on. I am starting to think the services is not the problem AT THE MOMENT!

( Also Billy Paynter is cack)
CMS is worth the money i can assure you,the reading fans around me were saying he is quality,yes he fluffs a lot but better will come once he gets some decent service.Im also getting bored of hearing about glen bloody murray,we don't need him as he's not the awnser to our problems,so lets buy some quality midfielders and we will be getting somewhere.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I have been saying all season you paid over the odds for him and he is not a natural finisher. He is a grafter, a bit like Brett Ormerod (Don't say he's better than Ormerod, Ormerod has had several seasons in the prem). For what it's worth, Mr Murray was completely out of his depth against Fonte this afternoon.

CMS is worth the money i can assure you,the reading fans around me were saying he is quality,yes he fluffs a lot but better will come once he gets some decent service.Im also getting bored of hearing about glen bloody murray,we don't need him as he's not the awnser to our problems,so lets buy some quality midfielders and we will be getting somewhere.

Is he really worth 20,000 pounds per week? If so then surely Murray was worth the 12 he wanted?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Is he really worth 20,000 pounds per week? If so then surely Murray was worth the 12 he wanted?

They would have made a great partnership imo. I understand though, Murray was seen by Gus as a bad apple in a blooming orchard! Perhaps he saw a bigger issue.

They would have made a great partnership imo. I understand though, Murray was seen by Gus as a bad apple in a blooming orchard! Perhaps he saw a bigger issue.

Contrary to your views, it was indeed the issue of his proposed strike partner being on double the wages than he was. Glenn wanted 12k and I am told he was offered somewhere in the region of 8 or 9 if that! Considering Mackail Smith IS on 20k MINIMUM (I have been told up to 24k!!!) it seems proposterous to have not offered a man who bagged us 25 goals last time out 2 grand more. Vicente or Murray? Murray anyday. Even just as a target man and a fine one at that, Murray would have been better than Barnes, Hoskins of Paynter.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
great energy and effort, crap finishing. Not worth £2.5 million judging by the first 6 months he's had in an Albion shirt. 35 goals last season suggests he's got shooting boots, needs to find them!!!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Contrary to your views, it was indeed the issue of his proposed strike partner being on double the wages than he was. Glenn wanted 12k and I am told he was offered somewhere in the region of 8 or 9 if that! Considering Mackail Smith IS on 20k MINIMUM (I have been told up to 24k!!!) it seems proposterous to have not offered a man who bagged us 25 goals last time out 2 grand more. Vicente or Murray? Murray anyday. Even just as a target man and a fine one at that, Murray would have been better than Barnes, Hoskins of Paynter.

Not disagreeing with the views of his talent, it is insiders view that Murray was trouble with a capital C and Gus did not want this in his team. For every post I have made this year in a negative fashion, I have to trust Gus, the best manager in my view we have ever had, and if he thought Murray was trouble, so be it.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

He's very easy to complement over one match, but when he isn't converting the chances for long periods of time, you have to say he isn't good enough, obviously they like his pace and work rate, but that alone does not make a good striker.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
The problem IMO is not burnout, it's most likely a combo of 2 things. 1, half the squad are not upto the level of playing in this div. 2, and this is what I think is the main reason for the lack of goals, we never get to play the same set of players for more than 1 game together. How can CMS get an understanding going when the players are always changing. Yes he misses some chances, every striker does, but most of the time he's running around creating his own. Watch him off the ball, alot of the time he's in the right place but the ball is not delivered.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Has CMS missed more 'sitters' than scored goals this season? Nobody could ever challenge his work rate, and he can produce some lovely skill, but why oh why can't he tuck the ball away when its harder to miss?! Off the top my head I can think of 5 chances that he should of scored from!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here