Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MA willing to drop down the divisions to manage again

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
It is alleged that the reason he got the job in the first place was because he was the only candidate who told DK that the squad needed scrapping and replacing virtually 100% and that if he took the job he would need the finance to do that. DK obliged and he had the biggest bidget in the lower divisions by far.

It is only rumour that we bid £165k for a player as obviously clubs will not actually divulge the correct figures if we fail in a bid as most obviously there are other factors involved like wages etc.
I think that, good as he did, it would be a step backwards for DK to appoint MA again.

I would give DW a 2yr contract which would take us into the early stages of building Falmer, Sheepcote or wherever and then reassess the situation then, dependant on success, finance, ambition etc
Hardly. It was a statement made by Uncle Dick himself.

If he wasn't "upgraded" then he wasn't going to stay............. (according to my "Source")

And there were rumours of bigger clubs sniffing around his undoubted talents at bringing young players through to full professional level.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Storer68 said:
If he wasn't "upgraded" then he wasn't going to stay............. (according to my "Source")

And there were rumours of bigger clubs sniffing around his undoubted talents at bringing young players through to full professional level.

Yes that is absolutely true. Both Newcastle and Manchester United wanted him for their coaching set-up - but he wanted to step into first team coaching - hence the reason why he was promoted.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Storer68 said:

I think that was fairly obvious after the youth cup run last year to be honest. After that he was never going to stay at youth team level for much longer.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Spunk Bubble said:
I don't think any manager should go back to a club where they have had success before. Look what happened to Mullery !:nono:

Matt Busby, Graham Taylor, Harry Redknapp?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
BensGrandad said:
I would give DW a 2yr contract which would take us into the early stages of building Falmer, Sheepcote or wherever and then reassess the situation then, dependant on success, finance, ambition etc

On a different subject, but do you honestly think that 2 years would take us to the early stages of building at Sheepcote (or wherever) if Falmer fell through?

Sake.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bear in mind: for all of MA's unequalled and unforgettable success with us, he made no secret of his firm opinion that we were nowhere near good enough for a football demigod like him for large periods of his time with us. Emphatically: NO and THANKS. I'm a big Wilkins fan, I think he can become another great manager for us and he's a clever and astute coach.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
love him but hardly been a revelation since he left us for" bigger clubs and budgets" so fail to see how he would do any better than DW. I'm sure if we stick with wilkins we will reap the benefits very soon.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seagullible said:
Why replace Wilkins, he's doing well and is getting bvetter the more experience he gets.

Yep. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Adams 9.2
Wilkins 3.5

No contest Bring back Micky

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Spielberg said:
Adams 9.2
Wilkins 3.5

Non-comparative surely. Deano does not have the luxury of a Championship/Premiership striker and he is managing Brighton at a higher level than the majority of Micky's games in charge.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Spielberg said:
Adams 9.2
Wilkins 3.5

OK, I'll bite. How can you give Wilkins a 3.5 when we are no worse than when Mcghee walked out while (arguably) playing more attractive football? Oh I see. McGhee gets a 3.5 too. Well I guess most on here would agree with you.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Simster said:
OK, I'll bite. How can you give Wilkins a 3.5 when we are no worse than when Mcghee walked out while (arguably) playing more attractive football? Oh I see. McGhee gets a 3.5 too. Well I guess most on here would agree with you.

Don't encourage him.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Buffalo Seagull said:
I doubt MA would come back with the best interests of Brighton at heart. He'd be off again as soon as an offer from a bigger club came in.

nail .... head:clap:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Bring Micky back now and Knight will win part of my confidence back.

Adams in Wilkins out! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
pasty said:
Yep. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

poor analogy.

If it aint broke, lets see how we can improve it!!!

If civilisation followed the aint broke analogy, we would be still living in mud huts.

:p :p :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here