Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MA willing to drop down the divisions to manage again

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Adams back..wilkins as a very good number 2..

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hes obviously angling for the rotherham job:)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Kinky Gerbils said:
Fool.

Wilkins has done more for the club than Adams

WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

Wilkins has done well with the youth team....but hasnt scratched the surface compared to how MA turned this club on its head within 3 months....won us the league..and left us in a fantastic position to do it again....

Brought in one of the best ever strikers to grace an albion shirt..and with that legends such as danny cullip.....

Wilkins is not on the same planet as adams..

You must be on a wind up Kinky or your just a fool?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
How much money has been Made from Wilkins youth team?
How much of the current first team is made up of the youth team.
Who is still here and didnt jump at first job offer?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I hate to shatter every ideas about Micky, but he could never do what he did in the past again.

Sure he's a good manager, but for whatever reasons he's failed in the jobs he's had since he left us.

THe main reason he done so well here, is thanks to his contacts. He managed Fulham before they were charging up the league, so he used the contacts there to pick off the best of the left overs. He had a shit team when he took charge, so anything he brought in was going to be better. It's not like now, and whilst we still need new players, Micky certainly wouldn't be in a position to go and hand pick players from the bottom division, because 1] He doesn't know this division any more, and 2] we are better than that now.

If he did come back and done well again, what stops him walking away again, if a better job comes up.

Given a direct choice between 2007 Micky Adams and 2007 Dean Wilkins, I'd pick Wilkins every time. He's proved he's loyal, he's very popluar, whilst at the same time very respected by the players (which is no easy feat in itself), he's cheap compared to experienced managers, and above all he is going to become one of the top managers in the game.

So please Dick, stop Dicking around and and give him a f***ing contract. Otherwise you might just stretch his loyality a bit to far!!!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Adams back.....Wilkins will walk.

So will I...two managers shat on by a chairman in one season. Flounce time for me :)

can't see it happening

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Wilkins in!

MA had his time, and it was great at the time! Never go back!

All this silly conjecture!

Wilkins is doing a very good job building a decent footballing side from the bones he was left to pick over - and The Albion are giving good account without regards for the precious high-flyers either.

We are going to be among the promotion contenders next season, I have very little doubt about that.

Mickey will remain, preserved in amber, as one of our greatest managers and an achiever....with us. He's due that respect, yes, without any influence from his lack of achievements with other clubs.

I think he was shat upon by Leics anyway. Coventry was perhaps a bridge too far for him, even with better facilities and finances than we had to offer.

I'll liken it to watching an episode of The Avengers from 1965, then to have Patrick McKnee and Dianna Rigg make a new series in 2007.
In other words, what I'm saying is that MA wouldn't look good in leather catsuit with stilletto heels.
.....no...wait, that's not what I'm saying.... well anyway, you get the picture.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
31 games
11 wins
7 draws
13 defeats
40 points

Hardly setting the World alight

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
OH NO NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Spielberg said:
31 games
11 wins
7 draws
13 defeats
40 points

Hardly setting the World alight

Bearing in mind his hands have been relatively tied until he was able to operate in the transfer window.

Since the close of the window we have seen

Three wins, four draws and two defeats. Bearing in mind that 4 of those were in the top 8, that is not a bad return for a rookie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here