Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] M.O.T.D.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
I'm sure Spurs fans were really pissed off by the way MOTD covered the game. Virtually all the pundits did was praise Brighton, just a passing reference to the problems Spurs have, problems that mean there is a very real possibility that they might not make the top 4 this season.

Ah well, that's what you get when you're trying to break the City/Liverpool duopoly. The media don't wanna know you.

Duopoly, great word Brovian, should be in the English dictionary.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He dislocated an elbow.

Bloomin painful but it gets popped back in and will recover well and pretty swiftly.

Arms snap = horrific , dislocated elbow = not as serious as it looked.

Not sure why people getting precious over it.

As for MOTD = Best praise we've got. Couldn't actually believe it . Fair play.

Murphy went up a bit in estimations .. . . still a crap pundit though

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He dislocated an elbow.

Bloomin painful but it gets popped back in and will recover well and pretty swiftly.

Arms snap = horrific , dislocated elbow = not as serious as it looked.

Not sure why people getting precious over it.

As for MOTD = Best praise we've got. Couldn't actually believe it . Fair play.
Definitely painful, from personal experience!

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?375743-Which-Hospital&p=9094566#post9094566

(Mine was a break, by the way!)

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I've missed that. Not classy at all. Yes, it was a dreadful piece of keeping, but the man was screaming in agony after his freak injury. Tasteless "joke".

Quite funny though.

As others have said - very very painful, but he'll almost certainly make a full recovery to resume his career (and be well paid in the meantime), which is not always the case.

So I'll save my sensitivity for another day.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
If you recorded MOTD, how many times have you watched so far and how many cant believe how praiseworthy the pundits were?.
Personally I've watched it four times so far.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I had to watch the Albion section 3 times in a row...I couldn't believe my ears: "Brighton were absolutely brilliant today"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tim Sherwood is getting a fair bit of grief, for his 'joke' about the first goal, that "Lloris would hold both hands up, to apologise for the mistake - if he could"

Most tasteless goalkeeper injury quip since Kenneth Wolstenhome joked Bert Trautmann "put his neck on the line" for City vs Villa in the 1956 Cup Final?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I've missed that. Not classy at all. Yes, it was a dreadful piece of keeping, but the man was screaming in agony after his freak injury. Tasteless "joke".

Oh here we go someone makes a joke and someone gets offended , I thought it was amusing

Northern_Gull

Mar 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Quite funny though.

As others have said - very very painful, but he'll almost certainly make a full recovery to resume his career (and be well paid in the meantime), which is not always the case.

I'll admit that I did find it mildly funny and don't think people should be so offended, but I don't think just because he's well paid and will most likely recover that it justifies not being sensitive, it's a horrible situation that requires sympathy regardless of how good their general life may or may not be.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had zero sympathy at the time. I thought he was just faking an injury to cover up his monumental gaffe :lolol:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh here we go someone makes a joke and someone gets offended , I thought it was amusing

Where did I say I was offended? Not offended in the slightest. I thought it was a tasteless joke, so I said that I thought it was, err, tasteless.

Do snowflakes always make stuff up, or is it simply an inability to read?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think you've missed the point. Rightly or wrongly we've always had a bit of a 'thing' about media coverage. When we were a shit fourth-tier side, right up until we got into the PL, we always moaned about the media coverage of football in general, saying it was biased in favour of the PL and completely ignored clubs outside the top division. "Football didn't start in 1992" was a common refrain. Then when we reached the PL we discovered that in fact the media are only really interested in the top six, and the other clubs just get mentioned in passing as they (we) are simply there to make up the numbers. All news stories are presented from their angle:i.e.. 'Spurs lose' not 'Brighton win'.

I bet Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea moan that Man City and Liverpool get all the attention...

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Quite funny though.

I thought it was quite funny too (and as a fellow sufferer I'm entitled to)!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
"Villa villa villa ... Brighton of course down to 10 men battled away little bit unlucky but anyway Dean Smith been there a year now villa villa villa"

**** off

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
How the heck wasn't that a penalty for Zaha's tackle on De Bruyne? Nailed on,but not given even after VAR review.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here