Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

M.K.Dons new Stadium

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If we had of stayed in gillingham or gone to mk then I still would have supported us! Take longer to get there etc etc but its still the team I would love. If that were to fail for some reason then i'd support Lewis or Crawley.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Easy 60 said:
Makes me want to puke.
f***ing Franchise FC. Just buy the "name" of a football club, move it 70-odd miles north, THIEVE a place in the Football League, and now they'll have a grand stadium for their bastard of a club.

Just drop the "Dons" from your title and call yourselves Milton Keynes you bunch of wankers. You've got f***-all to do with Wimbledon other than their place in the Football League you robbed from them, you f***ing chancers. I hope that stadium bankrupts the club, and they die a slow, miserable and humiliating death in the local county leagues, where they should have started from in the first place.

Mmmm...............I tend to agree with you Easy! It so could have happened to The Albion. How an earth one persons vision/dream/folly could had hoodwinked the F.A and F.L into creating a totally new club and replacing one (Wimbledon) and taking its league place is beyond belief. One reason we should always be grateful to a certain Richard Knight that his honorable intentions delivered Brighton back to its rightful home and also we should STILL back his policies to deliver a permanent new stadia

:clap:

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Big Jim said:
I bet there aren't many still following them looking at the AFC Wimbledon attendances.

All I can say is imagine if the same thing happened to Brighton, instead of going to Gillingham we went to MK. It could have happened. Nice new stadium in another county.

The gits deserve to rot.

So, everybody who supports the dons, or is invloved in any way with them, is a git who deserves to rot?

All of what your saying is rubbish, it happened over 3 years ago yeah, its happened, deal with it, move on.

TENS OF THOUSANDS of people in this area have benefited from the dons moving, probably much more than lost out from them moving (harsh i know, but a fair point, no??)

The club has a very family-orientated atmosphere, and they do a shit load of work in the community, from what i know much much more than most clubs (including ourselves)

But hey, i guess some people cant stop being fuckin pig-eyed and look at the positive things going on.

and yes call me a 'FRANCISE SCUMMER' because i go and watch and support my local team, anything wrong with that??

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Statto said:
Still think people should move on from all this. whats done is done

And i agree...............but how would you feel if we went bust and someone moved us to say Slough and call us Slough BH Albion? and to top it all we had a new 30 000 seater stadium within 4 years? Bit frustrating to say the least:(

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Techno said:
So, everybody who supports the dons, or is invloved in any way with them, is a git who deserves to rot?

All of what your saying is rubbish, it happened over 3 years ago yeah, its happened, deal with it, move on.

TENS OF THOUSANDS of people in this area have benefited from the dons moving, probably much more than lost out from them moving (harsh i know, but a fair point, no??)

The club has a very family-orientated atmosphere, and they do a shit load of work in the community, from what i know much much more than most clubs (including ourselves)

But hey, i guess some people cant stop being fuckin pig-eyed and look at the positive things going on.

and yes call me a 'FRANCISE SCUMMER' because i go and watch and support my local team, anything wrong with that??

Sorry I meant the club can rot not the people who watch them.
Three years ago, 10 years ago doesn't matter it's still wrong. If Milton Keynes wanted a football team they should have created one in Milton Keynes and poored money into them, not bought a place in the league and have the gall to use the word "dons".
As I say, imagine if it happened to Brighton, would we get over that? MK Seagulls? I wouldn't for as long as I lived.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
*Gullsworth* said:
And i agree...............but how would you feel if we went bust and someone moved us to say Slough and call us Slough BH Albion? and to top it all we had a new 30 000 seater stadium within 4 years? Bit frustrating to say the least:(

True yeah.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
*Gullsworth* said:

But that is hardly the fault of the people who now go and watch MK is it?

just because our efforts to get a stadium has gone on for 10 years and we are no bloody nearer.....

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:

just because our efforts to get a stadium has gone on for 10 years and we are no bloody nearer.....

No its not their fault but it dont make it right does it!

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Dave the Gaffer said:

Lets just prey we get finally get permission and that another town or city without a league club aren't eyeing us up as a quick fix.

I hope MK dons go bust, and then perhaps the people of MK can watch a team in the rymans league in their nice new arena?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
*Gullsworth* said:
No its not their fault but it dont make it right does it!

does it make it right that afc attract all the money and are able to kick a team out of their ground cos afc wanted a bigger ground to play at?

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Stadium doesnt look that nice- just a typical 'dome' arena like coventry, reading, southampton, etc, etc. What happened to having 4 seperate stands?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not really too up on what happened to Wimbledon, so excuse the following if it's bollocks and put me right. If they were unable to get permission to build a ground, after years, can you really blame the owners who assumably spent at least as much as our Directors have and probably considerably more just to lie down and accept groundsharing for ever?

If we lost the use of Withdean or could not afford to continue playing there because it was haemoraging money and Falmer was turned down, what would you suggest DK and co did? Continue losing money hand over fist or relocate to Guildford (for example) where we would be welcomed and allocated ground to build a stadium within a couple of years.

It's all very well screaming FOUL at MK Dons but what were the realistic alternatives?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Big Jim said:
I thought they shared the ground in the same way we did at Gillingham?

Didn't we kick the B52's out of withdean though?

so as my honorable friend above says..." does that make it right?"

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Dave the Gaffer said:
so as my honorable friend above says..." does that make it right?"

If they didn't kick them out, then it can't be wrong.

What happened to Wimbledon is really wrong, and most certainly not right. If MK bought plough lane and developed it to a super ground, and Wimbledon played there also, that would be fine.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Icy Gull said:
I'm not really too up on what happened to Wimbledon, so excuse the following if it's bollocks and put me right. If they were unable to get permission to build a ground, after years, can you really blame the owners who assumably spent at least as much as our Directors have and probably considerably more just to lie down and accept groundsharing for ever?

If we lost the use of Withdean or could not afford to continue playing there because it was haemoraging money and Falmer was turned down, what would you suggest DK and co did? Continue losing money hand over fist or relocate to Guildford (for example) where we would be welcomed and allocated ground to build a stadium within a couple of years.

It's all very well screaming FOUL at MK Dons but what were the realistic alternatives?

I think I was trying to make that point that the same could happen to Brighton (although I doubt DK would do that), but someone else could come in and do that if DK left. Isn't it a possibility? What would we all be saying if Brighton moved away? I think we're all still upset about the Goldstone, yet alone being called Guildford Seagulls?

I think now that the precedent is set with the MK Dons, who knows what could happen next.

I think any chairman who loves his club and is a fan would never allow what happened to Wimbledon. Hence, I reckon we're ok for the moment.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Big Jim said:

Personally I hope MK dons get relegated, they go bankrupt and AFC Wimbledon take their place in the league. Hopefully the new ground will be sold off for a great loss and this sort of thing never happen again.

totally agree :clap: :clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Big Jim said:
I think I was trying to make that point that the same could happen to Brighton (although I doubt DK would do that), but someone else could come in and do that if DK left. Isn't it a possibility? What would we all be saying if Brighton moved away? I think we're all still upset about the Goldstone, yet alone being called Guildford Seagulls?

I think now that the precedent is set with the MK Dons, who knows what could happen next.

I think any chairman who loves his club and is a fan would never allow what happened to Wimbledon. Hence, I reckon we're ok for the moment.

Of course we'd be upset but what would be the alternatives apart from sliding in the Conference and then through that into the same leagues that most of the Sussex clubs inhabit? I don't think even DK and his co-directors would still be around if that happened. Is moving to Guildford worse than becoming a small non league club playing in front of 400. There is no way many more than that would bother if we slid that far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here