Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

M.K.Dons new Stadium

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Have you seen the latest pictures?.................Lucky bastards......am i wrong to be bitter:ohmy: :lolol: :albion:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Big Jim said:
I'm not sure they are Lucky, I don't envy them at all. Moved from South London to Milton Keynes and shat on their fans. I'd rather stay in the area with no ground than be called MK gulls.

:down:

People of Milton Keynes are though and their crowds are already on a par with ours, a division below us.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Maybe so, but if the same happened to Brighton?

It was one of the worst things I've ever seen in football, and god knows how they got approval from the FA.

It makes you wonder if Brighton don't get Falmer, what other options are there? could the same thing happen again with the FA's blessing? (I doubt it, but I doubt Dons fans thought their club would be relocated).
Personally I hope MK dons get relegated, they go bankrupt and AFC Wimbledon take their place in the league. Hopefully the new ground will be sold off for a great loss and this sort of thing never happen again.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
readingstockport said:
They allegedly give away hundreds of tickets each week to schools, parents, local council employees and the like. I would be careful about taking their attendance figures at face value.

and we don't?

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Drove past it the other day, it looks brilliant.

Some people need to get over the fact that they moved here in the first place though, its getting boring tbh :yawn:

Hundreds of free tickets each week!! Thats a load of rubbish mate!!
If by that you meen advertising in schools, and doing cheap deals for kids, schools and junior clubs etc, then you're right.

And whats wrong with selling tickets cheap to schools etc then??
I think its a great idea.
Getting kids interested in the game at lower levels (real football), so they know its not just chelsea and whatever on the tv. And starting to build up a decent fanbase and future fans as well.

The club had no future at all in wimbledon, now they have a very bright future, and are providing entertainment and local football for thousands of people (especially the kids) in this area.

GET OVER IT.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
i have just returned from milton keynes and took a drive past the stadium.its on a retail park next to asda and it looks out of this world. it honestly looks brilliant just a pity i didnt have my camera but if they go up i suggest you all pay it a visit!

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
ok here's a scenario. Falmer doesn't happen and Dick Knight resigns. Some wealthy Norweign comes in and buys the club and decides life at Withdean isn't financially viable and planning permission is not viable elsewhere in the Brighton area. So the new owner looks to move the club to a place where it is, for example Ashford (not a good example but you know what I;m getting at).

Do you think the Brighton fans would get over it even if a new super stadium was built there? Remember we were moved to Gillingham for a short while and it was Dick Knight that brought us back. Maybe another owner wouldn't have.

I think any football fan should hate MK Dons for what they are and how they were created, in the same way all football fans should support Brighton for the fact we need a new ground near Brighton. Wimbledon fans were shat on big time!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Makes me want to puke.
f***ing Franchise FC. Just buy the "name" of a football club, move it 70-odd miles north, THIEVE a place in the Football League, and now they'll have a grand stadium for their bastard of a club.

Just drop the "Dons" from your title and call yourselves Milton Keynes you bunch of wankers. You've got f***-all to do with Wimbledon other than their place in the Football League you robbed from them, you f***ing chancers. I hope that stadium bankrupts the club, and they die a slow, miserable and humiliating death in the local county leagues, where they should have started from in the first place.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The ground looks amazing and as much as i'd love too see them go tits up there not going to by the look of things. So we had may as well accept them and move on. However even now I keep an eye out for the afc wimbeldon score. They should be in the conference south next year. Depends on how they make up the points they got deducted.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
wigman said:
If they go up i suggest you all pay it a visit!

Not even if the beer was free. I hope they perish. :glare:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Techno said:
Drove past it the other day, it looks brilliant.

Some people need to get over the fact that they moved here in the first place though, its getting boring tbh :yawn:

Hundreds of free tickets each week!! Thats a load of rubbish mate!!
If by that you meen advertising in schools, and doing cheap deals for kids, schools and junior clubs etc, then you're right.

And whats wrong with selling tickets cheap to schools etc then??
I think its a great idea.
Getting kids interested in the game at lower levels (real football), so they know its not just chelsea and whatever on the tv. And starting to build up a decent fanbase and future fans as well.

The club had no future at all in wimbledon, now they have a very bright future, and are providing entertainment and local football for thousands of people (especially the kids) in this area.

GET OVER IT.

that is actually what we are trying to do, attract the kids etc....hence the reasonable crowd at the Forest game

I say good luck to them. You cannot argue that Wimbledon FC were going down the pan due to the intransigence of Merton council who didnt want the back at Plough lane. I work with an AFC fan and he has moved on...perhaps we should do so too!

Last edited:

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Easy 60 said:
Makes me want to puke.
f***ing Franchise FC. Just buy the "name" of a football club, move it 70-odd miles north, THIEVE a place in the Football League, and now they'll have a grand stadium for their bastard of a club.

Just drop the "Dons" from your title and call yourselves Milton Keynes you bunch of wankers. You've got f***-all to do with Wimbledon other than their place in the Football League you robbed from them, you f***ing chancers.

Too right!!
Also, I could be wrong, but weren't Wimbledon more successfull than Brighton? Premiership for a good few years + FA Cup winners. No future in Wimbledon? Well if they did that well at Plough lane and Smellhurst with small crowds, what future does Brighton have.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Big Jim said:
ok here's a scenario. Falmer doesn't happen and Dick Knight resigns. Some wealthy Norweign comes in and buys the club and decides life at Withdean isn't financially viable and planning permission is not viable elsewhere in the Brighton area. So the new owner looks to move the club to a place where it is, for example Ashford (not a good example but you know what I;m getting at).

Do you think the Brighton fans would get over it even if a new super stadium was built there? Remember we were moved to Gillingham for a short while and it was Dick Knight that brought us back. Maybe another owner wouldn't have.

I think any football fan should hate MK Dons for what they are and how they were created, in the same way all football fans should support Brighton for the fact we need a new ground near Brighton. Wimbledon fans were shat on big time!!

what i dont understand is some people hate the fans who have followed the club. in my eyes i want to see mk dons do well for the fans who stayed and travel every week because they cant bare to stop supporting there team...even if it is unrecognisable.

i know its a weird angle to look at it but thats how i see it.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
what i dont understand is some people hate the fans who have followed the club. in my eyes i want to see mk dons do well for the fans who stayed and travel every week because they cant bare to stop supporting there team...even if it is unrecognisable.

Ive always thought that too. Not all the fans boycotted the franchise.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:

I bet there aren't many still following them looking at the AFC Wimbledon attendances.

All I can say is imagine if the same thing happened to Brighton, instead of going to Gillingham we went to MK. It could have happened. Nice new stadium in another county.

The gits deserve to rot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here