Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch to Forest then...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes perhaps Adams told him he was just trying him out for the Northampton game, but it's still a bit strange that with Hawkins being injured he chose to drop Lynch for the Scunny game.

Obviously there is more to this than meets the eye, Adams is not a div. If Lynch was playing well and committed he would have played him.

Obviously there is more to this than meets the eye, Adams is not a div. If Lynch was playing well and committed he would have played him.

I think it is quite simple really, Adams doesn't fancy him as a player. It happens at every football club when a new manager comes in.
Martin Allen has put six players on the transfer list at Cheltenham, he said it's nothing personal either.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
he left us 10 years ago at the age of 17. to a premiership club. he is now worth 18 million according to his employers. he has 23 england caps and captained villa to 6th place in the premier league last year.

i put my life on the fact that lynch will not be in that position in 5 years time.

my point was that he made it unexpectedly

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sorry, but that doesn't wash.

Adams had always has a 'keep the shirt policy' - sometimes to the detriment of the team.

Suddenly after a good game at Northampton (were you actually there TLO) Lynch gets dropped for a clearly injured Hawkins who goes on to have a nightmare against Scunthorpe.

His face doesn't fit with Adams - that is clear - yes he needs to mature, but this could have been handled far better ON BOTH SIDES.

Adams is certainly not blameless in losing (IMO) one of our best prospects.

I wasn't at Northampton, and am perfectly happy to accept that Lynch had a good game. That's not my point.

The only apparent issue is that Adams has chosen not to start Lynch - for whatever reason, and none of us on here are party to those facts - but so what? That in itself is not a reason to leave. And if it is, I find it pathetic. Where's his fight? Who told Lynch he had a right to play? He has a knock-back and he wants to run away.

It is Micky's prerogative to play him or not play him. It is Lynch's obligation to prove he is pickable, and ultimately undroppable - not Micky's.

There may well be a whole host of reasons behind Lynch's decision - who knows?, but if this is the only one, then that, to me, is simply not good enough.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it is quite simple really, Adams doesn't fancy him as a player. It happens at every football club when a new manager comes in.
Martin Allen has put six players on the transfer list at Cheltenham, he said it's nothing personal either.
The problem is that whilst Lynch's face doesn't fit, the faces of Hart and 86 year old Kerry Mayo certainly seem to. So when he makes CLEARLY SHIT decisions like that, I'm afraid everything else is going to be scrutinised to the nth degree.

At the end of the day, I fear Adams is NOT going to replace Lynch with a better player and considering he's already presiding over a crap team, that ain't good.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Goodbye, Joel. We don't need people like you at the club. You think that you have a divine right to a place in the team and are not prepared to fight your way back when you are dropped after inconsistent displays. Doubtless, you won't ever want to wear a Brighton shirt again after you've worn the famous red shirt of the twice European champions. That's fine by us. We want players in our side who are proud to wear the stripes. Good riddance.

(Is that a little harsh?)

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
no, you said he'll be as well known as barry in 5 years. couldn't have been further from your point.

Dont worry, though. He's predicted 12 A*- C GCSE grades.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
When all fully fit:

Virgo Elphick Hawkins Richards
Cox El-Abd Livermore/Fraser Mcleod
Forster Murray

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
why o why do most idiots on here slate a quality player in this way?
Lynch has obviously been pissed off with something and thats very very common at this club and thats why many quality players leave this club.

This is a big loss and yet again another downward spiral at bha fc,i bet a fee has already been agreed and as per usual dick knight jumped at it:censored:

The club is supposed to be building for the future:nono:

Yet another reason why thousands of fans have had enough:censored:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
why o why do most idiots on here slate a quality player in this way?
Lynch has obviously been pissed off with something and thats very very common at this club and thats why many quality players leave this club.

This is a big loss and yet again another downward spiral at bha fc,i bet a fee has already been agreed and as per usual dick knight jumped at it:censored:

The club is supposed to be building for the future:nono:

Yet another reason why thousands of fans have had enough:censored:

Spot on. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here