Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch & Gatting

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The fact that they are 18 is the very reason why they should not play tonight.

You only have to look at the high profile youngsters who have broken into first teams recently (Rooney, anyone?) and remember their managers talking about protecting them and not playing them too much. Just remember the problems Gerrard had when he first broke into Liverpool's team.

The last thing we want is for these promising young players to pick up injuries at this stage of their careers due to overdoing it.

On the other hand, it would be a shame for them not to play, but I really think they shouldn't, and won't change my mind even if the youth team win with them playing tonight and Joe goes on to score a hat trick at the weekend!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What IS all the fuss about? Of course they should play! I cannot believe there are people saying they shouldn't play tonight because it might weaken our chances against Plymouth. On that basis Henderson shouldn't be with the Ireland squad in case something happens to him.

Winning the Youth Cup would be a real honor and the club should do everything to try and help.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brovian said:
What IS all the fuss about? Of course they should play! I cannot believe there are people saying they shouldn't play tonight because it might weaken our chances against Plymouth. On that basis Henderson shouldn't be with the Ireland squad in case something happens to him.

Winning the Youth Cup would be a real honor and the club should do everything to try and help.

Quite, suggesting that they shouldn't play tonight is ridiculous.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
absolute Crap

I cannot believe he would not let them play in the most important game in their careers

smacks of the petulance he showed to MacCammon when he wouldn't let him play for Watford

He is a spiteful man and should be sacked...NOW

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
We should play a full strength Youth team tonight. Any suggestion otherwise proves McGhee is an even bigger twat than I thought. Imagine the atmosphere at the Semi Final. It will lift the whole club.

Vicar

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well done MM. One bit of sense from you at last.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Well done MM. One bit of sense from you at last.

Is it sense from Mcghee or has he been over ruled?

Well Hinshelwood is director of football so he must have some power over Mcghee, and it's unlike Mcghee to back down.

Guess we'll find out Saturday if Gatting & Lynch are dropped.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
sofa fella said:
Is it sense from Mcghee or has he been over ruled?

Well Hinshelwood is director of football so he must have some power over Mcghee, and it's unlike Mcghee to back down.

Guess we'll find out Saturday if Gatting & Lynch are dropped.
Dropped or rested? That's a loaded last sentence there.

McGhee doesn't get over-ruled in decisions like this. He would have taken advice about both these players.

McGhee was originally quite rightly concerned over their respective fatigue. I would suspect he has been assured by Wilkins and Hinshelwood that it is not an issue, and McGhee has been good enough to relent. Top marks to all concerned I'd say.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here