Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch & Gatting

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lynch & Gatting

Locky said:
You know and I know we are going down.......................

Had it not been for Gatting and Lynch the youth team probably would not have got as far.................Let them finish what they started.

yeah fair point :)

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lynch & Gatting

Locky said:
You know and I know we are going down.......................

Had it not been for Gatting and Lynch the youth team probably would not have got as far.................Let them finish what they started.

Agreed, the club should be fair to ALL the youth teamers. Did Lynch & Gatting realy expect that the first team would be so bad that they would be expected to bail it out? I don't think so. For the sake of the youth setup, and the long term future, they should be able to play in any remaining YC games.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
They should be allowed to play IMO

They are flying to/from Newcastle - what's wrong with playing a game on Wednesday and Saturday FFS

We are going down anyway.

Home/Away v Man City in the semi - a sold out Withdean - few bob in the coffers etc.

Gatting is a very important member of that team and should be allowed to play.

Bunch of Arse Mghee.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
They should be allowed to play IMO

They are flying to/from Newcastle - what's wrong with playing a game on Wednesday and Saturday FFS

We are going down anyway.

Home/Away v Man City in the semi - a sold out Withdean - few bob in the coffers etc.

Gatting is a very important member of that team and should be allowed to play.

Bunch of Arse Mghee.

its one of the biggest games in our Youth history, I 100% agree.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I agree with Mcghee on this one, they should see it as a compliment.

I'd love to see the response on here if either got injured.

Having a go at the manager over this one, is frankly quite lame.

Last edited:

Shammo

Jan 31, 2005
Burgess Hill
Glad McGhee has seen sense and letting them both play tonight. Players all chipping £100 so that the boys can travel in style and stay overnight in hotel.........

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
But why can't they play in both - they are after all only 18

I agree. It seems harsh on them, as there will be loads of scouts there watching, instead of running around like headless chickens, chasing the ball in the 1st team.

I'm sure they could play both and if they were to win would have loads of confidence to bring to the team.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Difficult one though isn't it.

On one hand i think it will do Gatting well to play tonight and hopefully score.

However the youth team is there to supply players to the first team, and although maybe earlier than planned Joel and Joe are now both first team players.

We obviously all want the lads to go as far as possible in the cup but i feel a backlash from some if we lose to Newcastle and Gatts gets injured

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I can understand the sentiment, but surely the first team comes first. If this weakens our side for Plymouth it has to be a mistake.
:nono:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This was a classic case of over reaction against McGhee from some idiots on here. Surely the coaching staff know best whether Lynch and Gatting can play three matches all with long trips in a week. Whatever they decide is surely based on what they see from these players every day rather than a complete over reaction from people (one in particular) on this thread with no facts to back it up.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Lynch & Gatting

brightonfan_86 said:
Gatting has been outstanding for the Youth team in the league and cup this season. Surely Gatting would like to get us through to the semi finals, it one of the biggest games in his career.

Its not about what Gatting likes .. its about the club as a whole and keeping them fit for 1st team duties is more important

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
But why can't they play in both - they are after all only 18

its not about being able tp play in both .. its about the possibility of them getting injured and not being available

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
brightonfan_86 said:
Another reason for Magoo to go, one of the biggest games in our Youth history, and he aint letting them play.

It does rather pale into significance than the fight to stay on the CCC.

McGhee is RIGHT to do this.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Re: Re: Lynch & Gatting

brightonfan_86 said:
If this is true, then Magoo is a total twat.

What a load of ARS (pun intended)

So Gatting gets injured and Lynch gets tired, Saturday comes and a Plymouth winger runs rings around Lynch and we have even less chance of scoring than we have already.

Saturday night post by KTA

"Magoo is a twat, if they had not have played on Wednesday we might have won"

Damned if he does damned if he don't from some ARSholes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here