Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LVCC - Sussex vs Lancashire - Hove (Starts 30/5/07)

larus

countrygull said:
I too hope they get it sorted: but I'm more concerned that he's right for the long term - including the 2009 Ashes than for the poorest West Indies side I've ever seen. If he needs to take a year off to get it right: do it. I don't think he's been 100% since the last Ashes series.

Very true.

He's not performed well since then, but how much maybe down to his life-style? It was reported before the Ashes that he was on an intense fitness program (which I assume covered diet as well).

Maybe he's let things slip and believed too much of the hype around him from the Ashes series. It's pretty obvious that he likes a beer or two, but how much and how often is the question!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
larus said:
At least we're delaying the inevitable thrashing by the champions elect.:bowdown:
indeed... hopefully they'll be enough rain to secure the draw - would be a good result in our battle to avoid relegation...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"and Lloyd hits him high over over midwicket for four... the stroke of a man knocking a thistle top off with a walking stick - no trouble at all..."

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Andrew Flintoff will have an ankle operation this weekend and looks set to miss the majority of England's international fixtures this summer.
The all-rounder, who missed the first two Tests against West Indies because of the condition, experienced pain after a fitness test on Tuesday.

The injury, although also in the left ankle, is said to be separate from the bone spur problem he had last summer.

On that occasion, he missed more than three months of cricket for England.

Dr Nick Peirce, England and Wales Cricket Board chief medical officer, said: "Andrew Flintoff has undergone rigorous fitness testing over the past two days, most recently 30 minutes of net bowling on Tuesday.

"But he has reacted to the testing with further discomfort in his left ankle.

"Despite intense treatment and rehabilitation with England and Lancashire's medical teams, Andrew's ankle has continued to cause him discomfort when bowling at full capacity.

"As a consequence he will undergo an exploratory arthroscopy on his left ankle over the weekend."

Flintoff will be hoping to get fit for the Tests and one-day internationals against India, who are likely to offer a sterner examination for England than West Indies.

India's first Test at Lord's begins in 19 July, and that may be the most optimistic target for Flintoff.

"A comprehensive timescale of rehabilitation will be clearer following the operation," added Peirce.

"This current ankle injury is separate to the previous posterior impingement injury the recovery period is not expected to be as long as Andrew's previous surgery."

Flintoff said: "Obviously I'm bitterly disappointed to face another operation on my ankle as I really thought I was making progress with the injury over the past few weeks.

"I've been working really hard on my game and the rest and rehabilitation appeared to be helping the ankle but after giving it a strong workout this week, it now seems that an operation is the only option.

"Having bounced back from ankle surgery before I know how much work is ahead of me but I'm desperate to get back playing for England and determined to overcome this setback as soon as possible."

Flintoff had ankle surgery on 27 July 2006, and when he made his international comback on 15 October - against India in Jaipur - he played as a batsman only.

The all-rounder struggled with the bat all winter, however, and will probably need to be fit enough to bowl at 100% before he next plays for England.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Barrel of Fun said:
brighton_front.jpg

Less rain drops on the lens than before...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
pissing down in Shoreham right now, NO play today chaps. Sunny Spells with Showers for tomorrow so an on/off day beckons.

Jul 20, 2003
looking slightly less like Manchester today

I shall be getting some later if the rain stays off

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
LV County Championship - Division One: Sussex v Lancashire
30-05-2007 at Hove, Day 2 of 4

Umpires: N L Bainton, B Leadbeater

Sussex: R R Montgomerie, C D Nash, M H Yardy, M W Goodwin, C J Adams, A J Hodd, R S C Martin-Jenkins, L J Wright, Naved-ul-Hasan Rana, Mushtaq Ahmed, J D Lewry

Lancashire: M J Chilton, P J Horton, B J Hodge, S G Law, S J Croft, T C Smith, L D Sutton, D G Cork, S I Mahmood, J M Anderson, M Muralitharan

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sussex won the toss and elected to field first

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
ohh were off :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here