Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton - Standing v Sitting

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I was over to the left side of the goal (by the corner flag) and most people were sat down for entire the first half (apart from the cheerful drunks down the front who were taking the piss out of the suits in the boxes), and then stood for the second half. Nobody had a problem, apart from the the poor giant in front of me who had to sit with his legs over the back of the seat in front of him!!!

Jan 30, 2008
I was over to the left side of the goal (by the corner flag) and most people were sat down for entire the first half (apart from the cheerful drunks down the front who were taking the piss out of the suits in the boxes), and then stood for the second half. Nobody had a problem, apart from the the poor giant in front of me who had to sit with his legs over the back of the seat in front of him!!!
they were part of the "firm" the blokes in the suits were given a right old earfull also the albon subs got a rendition of who the f***ing hell are you, their faces were a picture:laugh:

The problem is pretty common at many lower league grounds where the club, in order to comply with the all seater requirements of the Taylor report have simply bolted seats onto old terraces. Consequently when sitting most people don't have enough leg room to sit comfortably and are within six inches or so of the person's head in front of them and so cloose to stand which make seeing much easier.

New areas of seats have deeper rows and steeper slopes making seeing over the head in front of you much easier.

Doesn't stopp stewards being total W&&&rs about it to away fans.

I nearly got thrown out of the Stadium of Light when we got beat 2-0 by Sunderland by annoying a steward who was trying to throw the bloke behind me out for standing. I was sitting down and got a right earful and eventually threat of ejection from the fat northern twat for not standing up and getting out of his way so he could deal with the bloke behimd me.

BTW- all the Sunderland fans in the other three quareters of the stadium were standing for the whole match and no-pne said a word

Last edited:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
all the Sunderland fans in the other three quareters of the stadium were standing for the whole match and no-pne said a word

...and what an atmosphere! Same with our support at Luton last weekend. It really does show the positive effect standing has on the atmosphere. I know this is the anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster, but really hope safe standing is introduced asap.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
This situation of standing when you and others have paid for a seat has got to be sorted before !Falmer!Children and shorter adults have a view of the back of the person in front.
The club must be firm and make it quite clear that standing will not be tolerated,stewards backed up by police will eject the guilty parties.Should the offence be repeated then any remaining season tickets will be invalid and the person concerned given a life ban.
Zero tolerance will put an end to this unsocial behaviour

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
The fact of the matter on saturday was that there was not enough room to sit down - iam surprised that they are allowed to open that stand the steps are too high the seats are too close to the one in front - we asked the stewards if the front row seats came with booster cushions - not very amused - no sense of humour - surely by now liz and sarah would have realised from all the games they go to that the fans like to Stand - when you takes kids like i have in past sit near front when you want to stand go to back - SIMPLE !!!!!!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The seats are too close to the one in front
As easyjet fly in and out of Luton Airport , it seems to me that the Hatters have picked up on the idea of restricted legroom is a somewhat normal occurence.:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here