Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton Board to discuss Newell's comments

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Despite Mike Newell's outburst against females officials he also managed to have a regular go at his chairman. Not surprisingly the Luton Board are now meeting to discuss his outburst as the chairman rather disagrees wth his comment. Can see Mike Newell jumping on a First Capital Connect train to East Croydon to relieve Agent Taylor.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
bhaexpress said:
Despite Mike Newell's outburst against females officials he also managed to have a regular go at his chairman. Not surprisingly the Luton Board are now meeting to discuss his outburst as the chairman rather disagrees wth his comment. Can see Mike Newell jumping on a First Capital Connect train to East Croydon to relieve Agent Taylor.

Didn't think Taylor was in need of or had time for a 'sherman'.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Luton Board to discuss Newell's comments

Perry Milkins said:
Didn't think Taylor was in need of or had time for a 'sherman'.

Well, I would guess that the former Palace legend is now considered a bit of a wanker given recent results. I think he's the Championship McGhee.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Mark Wright was sacked by Oxford a few years ago for apparently racially abusing an official.

Should Newell be treated any different for his tirade of sexist abuse?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Shame, I thought he was OK after what he blew the whistle on agents, plus he's done well for Luton. But what a twatty thing to say, can't have much respect for that. Sore losing at its very worst.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Let's put this into perspective.

The man was irate after seeing his team lose at home to QPR, whose only notable victory was beating Palace 4-2. He must have fancied his chances of a morale boosting home win as QPR are really crap this season.
After all turning over Palace is no Barometer measure of quality. I would have thought Northwich would beat Palace on current form.

Last edited:

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
The Complete Badger said:
It may be controversial, but Mike Newell = LEGEND:bowdown:

Quite right.

....And the woman lino on Saturday WAS indeed not up to the job. She missed 2 blatent penalties, incorrectly gave a corner to QPR which resulted in their second goal and waited until the 85th minute to actually make a correct decision !

That said though, there are many males lino's that are equally inept.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Exactly. The minute she screws up she becomes a "bloody woman" referee's assistant, otherwise she's just a referee's assistant. It's a really crap cheap shot from Newell.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stinkers Bridge said:
Quite right.

....And the woman lino on Saturday WAS indeed not up to the job. She missed 2 blatent penalties,

In her defence, neither oversight was really her fault, as she was checking her lippy on the first one, and doing her hair on the second.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I doubt whether the Luton board will be too concerned about Newell's comments about the female linesperson as much as his more than slightly negative remarks about his chairman. I don't quite know what possessed him to come up with that outburst but I have a feeling he wants to get sacked as he knows Luton aren't good enough. He wants to escape while he still has some credibility.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The club are going to ask him to resign today.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
bhaexpress said:
I doubt whether the Luton board will be too concerned about Newell's comments about the female linesperson as much as his more than slightly negative remarks about his chairman. I don't quite know what possessed him to come up with that outburst but I have a feeling he wants to get sacked as he knows Luton aren't good enough. He wants to escape while he still has some credibility.

He hasn't stopped criticising the chairman since he started in the post and he's got the support of the vast majority of the fans. He's certainly ambitious, but anyway here goes from here will be marking time at best. He could have gone to Palace in the summer if he wanted it, but turned them down.

He just likes saying controversial things.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can I just say that the lady lino in question probably can't have been worse than the fat idiot running the south stand line on Saturday who missed the blatent elbow on Revell that was seen by everyone in blocks A - D.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Guinness Boy said:
Can I just say that the lady lino in question probably can't have been worse than the fat idiot running the south stand line on Saturday who missed the blatent elbow on Revell that was seen by everyone in blocks A - D.

Yes you may. It was pretty clear from the family stand also.
Dirty northern bastard, etc, etc.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Guinness Boy said:
As well as seeing it I also HEARD it from Block E.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here