Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton Board to discuss Newell's comments

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Here's the whole thing on the chairman/board. Imagine a manager saying this about DK - or in fact any employee about their boss. Salvageable relationship? Hmm.

"I haven't spoken to the chairman for months.

You lot should go and speak to the chairman, really pin him down and ask him what he's doing here and why he's here, because I can't understand why he's here or what he's done while he's been here.

For two years since he'e been here the club's gone backwards, or just nowhere. Bad decisions? He hasn't made ANY decisions.

He's done nothing. Everything he's got involved in he's messed up, and I'm fed up with him now.

I'm not considering my own future, because apparently he's going.

I can't work with deceit and lies. If people tell me there's no money to spend and we're not going to have a new ground, that it's not going to happen, then fine, I'll get on with it and do my job as at least I'm being told the truth.

But if they're not going to tell me the truth, and they give me the biggest load of bullshit you've ever heard in your life, then I can't suffer it for evermore. I will not suffer fools, never have been able to and never will.

It was easier in administration when you just had 20 players to work with. I don't really want to be speaking to him to be honest, I'm completely up to my eyes in it and fed up.

Tell me there's no money, I'll get on with it but don't keep promising me there'll be planning permission and investment and new backers - I've had that for two years since he's been here.

It affects the players. Some are out of contract in the summer, and if you don't know where your livelihood is going to be when your contract's up, it will affect you.

It will affect your manner about the place, your performance on the pitch, your attitude, and we will lose players of value because they will sign contracts with other clubs and walk away for free. It should have been done 6 or 8 months ago for Markus Heikkinen.

When I committed to the club I expected them to back me so that I could commit the rest of the players. They want to know why they haven't been offered contracts.

Why have they come here? I don't want to hear how much we're losing a year. Is that why they've come in, to lose a million and a half a year? Why has he come here? Cos I don't know. Well, I do know but you go and ask him."

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Tubby Mondays said:
I think someone is trying to bring about their own dismissal. What jobs are around at the moment or coming up? Charlton? Newcastle? Buxted?
Palace?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Silent Bob said:

That's what I think. Its pretty clear that Taylor is on very thin ice and Newell was after the job when Dowie flounced out. As it is I hate to admit it but Palace have a lot more potential that Luton so I can see his point. If Newell gets fired by Luton then he could join Palace without the need for compensation.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
regardless of any alleged ref/linesperson performance, i dont think its right and proper (for a tema manager) to slag them off on tv,- especially whenthey dont have the oppurtunity to refute the comments.

a lot of managers seem to do this on a regular basis, seemingly without fear of any reprisals.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Like a few people have said, the lineswoman may have been poor, but that has bugger all to do with her being a woman, and it was a completely cheap shot from Newell.

The ultimate decision over penalties comes down to the referee, not the lino, so presumably the (male) ref didn't spot whatever offence Newell is alleging either.

But he gets no stick at all.

What a total and utter retard he is. I presume next time he needs some kind of medical attention, he'll refuse to be treated by a female doctor, because she couldn't possibly understand the sprained ankle of a MAN.

Incidentally, he seems to be backtracking now, and has apparently apologised for his comments about the lineswoman. Clearly the reality of his imminent sacking has come crashing into his head.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
edna krabappel said:
Like a few people have said, the lineswoman may have been poor, but that has bugger all to do with her being a woman, and it was a completely cheap shot from Newell.

The ultimate decision over penalties comes down to the referee, not the lino, so presumably the (male) ref didn't spot whatever offence Newell is alleging either.

But he gets no stick at all.

What a total and utter retard he is. I presume next time he needs some kind of medical attention, he'll refuse to be treated by a female doctor, because she couldn't possibly understand the sprained ankle of a MAN.

Incidentally, he seems to be backtracking now, and has apparently apologised for his comments about the lineswoman. Clearly the reality of his imminent sacking has come crashing into his head.

He'd be so pissed off if you arrested him wouldn't he ? :lolol:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
edna krabappel said:

Plus the fact that after it, he's probably about as employable in Football as Ron Akinson after that racist comment on the TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here