Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lunchtime in Brighton

therunningbomb

therunningbomb
Feb 23, 2009
Hove
Am in Brighton today for the first time in a while working, anyone know where i can get some decent lunch? Looking at anything at the moment, im starving!
Be good for future reference also.
Thanks in advance!

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I will be in Brighton this evening, would anybody be able to tie my shoe laces up for me?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Mange tout, new french place in trafalgar strasse. Ce sont les noiseaux du chien

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
for some of the plumpest, juciest, lovingly put together burgers in town and offering fantastic service with a smile you can do a lot worse than make your way to a place called McDonalds. I think they are only in Brighton at moment but I can see big things for this small, friendly family run restaurant. You can try the flagship restaurant on Western Road or for a more intimate experience you can try their smaller boutique experience at the top of a bespoke retail outlet called Churchill Square.

Judging by some people I see in there they seem to have a policy of feeding underprivileged and homeless people too, which I think really shows a regard for the community.

If you have a few more pennies they can, on request cook you a freshly prepared fish meal. They use only the finest White Fish, the only fish in our seas to come in a perfectly uniform square shape. Ask for some of the special sauce that they make on premises too. Okay, you have to wait a bit longer but boy, is it worth it! Is it ever!

Get in there before this place becomes a mecca for foodies everywhere.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Pompoko

Pompoko | Japanese Restaurant Brighton | OFFICIAL HOMEPAGE

Pokeno Pies?

There's LOADS of places innit.

Sadly Pokeno Pies is long gone. No idea why as the place was always getting rave reviews and seemed fairly busy most of the time however it hasn't been there for a good while now and in its place is some boring cafe.

Crying shame as I ADORED them Pokeno Pies and I don't know of anywhere else in town you can enjoy a delicious pie and mash meal.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Has it been gone a while then? I do vaguely remember wondering if it had moved when I last wandered the North Laine, something I hardly ever do anymore.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Has it been gone a while then? I do vaguely remember wondering if it had moved when I last wandered the North Laine, something I hardly ever do anymore.

Yes, and I miss it terribly.

No word on what happened to it, I can only assume they just didn't make enough money. Rates in North Laine are notoriously expensive nowadays

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here