Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lunchtime in Brighton

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I went into that Pie shop twice. Both times it had run out of gravy. I imagine the fact that the staff can't even recognise when they're running out of a vital accompaniment to a pie meal is just one reason they closed. wouldn't have minded but the first time she let us order, gave us our pies and peas, said she was just going to heat up a new batch of gravy then reappeared and told us there was none left. Twice this happened.

The pies were dry and horrible with or without the gravy. I think people thought it was a great because we don't have anything else like that here but in reality it was quite expensive, the pies were very small and dry and that is the reason it closed. People thought the idea was great, realised actually it was crap in reality and stopped going. FAIL.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can everyone stop mentioning Pompoko? Cramped in there a lot of the time as it is, so don't really want word getting out anymore about what is by far the best eaterie in all of Brighton.

Whoops.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I am sorry to hear of your disappointing experiences with Pokeno Pies Nibbler, it does seem you were somewhat unlucky.

I will agree with you that it wasn't particularly cheap but every time I ate in there the pies were tip top delicious and they were never without gravy.

Did a quick Google to see if I could find any information into why it is no more however all I could find were pages and pages of glowing reviews for their food.

They do a nice pie in the Hand in Hand on Upper St James' St mind

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Brighton badly needs one of these...

10156024.jpg

Selling these bad-boys...

pieminister_0.jpg

Bristol---Pieminister-001.jpg

Lovely! :thumbsup::drool:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Can everyone stop mentioning Pompoko? Cramped in there a lot of the time as it is, so don't really want word getting out anymore about what is by far the best eaterie in all of Brighton.

Whoops.

They do takeaways. Using the word "eaterie" is a criminal offence punishable by eating in the Ginger poncey Pig every night for the rest of your life.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They do takeaways. Using the word "eaterie" is a criminal offence punishable by eating in the Ginger poncey Pig every night for the rest of your life.

Bleh. Do what I want mate. Foodstuffery? Stomachfillupamanger?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
is Debs deli still just along from the Komedia?

Rool and I used to get a egg mayo bap in there most days ( in fact that is one of the reasons I am portely:facepalm:)

That was a very nice place as I recall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here