Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke McCormick

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm told that Swindon won't be signing him anyway, so it's all about of a storm in a tea cup. Wes Foderingham is the best goalkeeper outside the Premier League (apparently :lolol: ) so they don't need him.

Wherever he does end up, I think he will do well. He was a very good goalkeeper before going inside, class is permanent.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I cannot understand why people are saying that after serving the sentence imposed upon he should be restricted from doing the job he is trained for and has no connection with the crime he committed. If he was convicted of a sex offence and wanted to return to teaching or similar it is understandable but not a pro footballer. If he was a plumber would these people not want him to return to his trade of plumbing and prefetr that he lived off of the state..

I can see where you are coming from, but in your example, you can choose which plumber comes to your house to do the job. In his case, if you are a fan of Swindon Town you go along to support the team knowing that you are supporting financially a two time killer whether he plays in the first team or not.

Football is too accepting of serious criminals, and just brush under the carpet any wrongdoings in order to get what they want.

The real problem lies with the sentencing guidelines, scum like him should be behind bars for 20+ years for killing two people as of course should anyone else committing similar crimes that cause death.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
From what i gather this was put on town by hmprisons since january, we were his nearest league club to were he was locked up and we were just helping out the conditions of his day release.

and no we are not signing him

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
On this one, I'm on the side of those who consider it the worst stupid mistake of his life, with catastrophic consequences (many get away with it) - but I think he should be allowed to get on with it now, whether that is playing football or whatever else. This is never going to go away, it has totally ruined several lives already, but however tragic the outcome it is not the same as a premeditated murder or other violent crime. The effect of the loss on the family may not be so different, but the punishment on the guilty man should clearly be less than for, say, a child abductor/murderer.

Would I feel differently if it was my family? Probably. But in one sense, that is exactly why this is a decision that should not be left to the family, but made on legal precedent and the circumstances specific to the case.

Totally agree and would add that I suspect this is something that regardless of whatever he does for the rest of his life, there won't be a day goes by when he doesn't think about what happened and wish he had made a different decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here