Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lukaku

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Wild speculation etc I know but just wondered if anyone thought we had any chance of signing him from Chelsea on loan? I noticed he is not in the 25 man Chelsea squad? What does this mean? That he wont play at all for them or that he can play but only in cup matches? Anyone? If he cannot play at all then surely they will loan him out for experience and I read somewhere they cannot do this to another Premier league club because he was bought so recently? Thoughts?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
They don'y need to name him as he's under 21

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think players below a certain age, which he is below, are eligible to play regardless of the squad list.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm not sure, but I think if he's under 21 they don't have to name him?

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
no problem mate, its not a bad thing and personally thought of a similar assumption when i heard rumours. might still be true, who knows??
I think I know where my confusion comes from as have just read he has been left out of their Champions League squad not premier league squad which he does not have to be named in.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Lets just suppose for one second we got him on loan till end of season...Might as well start saving now for trips to Anfield, Old Trafford and the 40% hike in season ticket prices.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Lets just suppose for one second we got him on loan till end of season...Might as well start saving now for trips to Anfield, Old Trafford and the 40% hike in season ticket prices.

Would there be a large hike, presumably there'd be a 30% increase in income with the additional 8,000 seats

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Would there be a large hike, presumably there'd be a 30% increase in income with the additional 8,000 seats

Dont get me wrong im not complaining, but in all honesty I would think season tickets would go up 30% across the board....£500 atm would become £650. That would be my best guess any way.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Dont get me wrong im not complaining, but in all honesty I would think season tickets would go up 30% across the board....£500 atm would become £650. That would be my best guess any way.

The other argument against a hike is that we start paying in March by direct debit for the next season. We won't know for sure which division we are playing in then.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

an extra £12 per month direct debit for Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Ure, Arsenal or save £12 per month and enjoy Burnley, Watford, Barnsley.

I know what you'd pick kevtherev!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
an extra £12 per month direct debit for Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Ure, Arsenal or save £12 per month and enjoy Burnley, Watford, Barnsley.

I know what you'd pick kevtherev!

Oh 100% this,,,,but some would kick up a right stink about it..We saw that from the reaction to the Sunderland game. Funny how the same people are not saying the same thing about the Liverpool match...22,000 thousand gate I should think for that one.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Bolton will be the club of choice for loaning though. They're not a threat but he will get good Premier League experience playing the type of football that the manager likes.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Bolton will be the club of choice for loaning though. They're not a threat but he will get good Premier League experience playing the type of football that the manager likes.

They are not allowed to loan him to a premiership side. Although the likelihood of him coming here is pretty remote I should think.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
They are not allowed to loan him to a premiership side. Although the likelihood of him coming here is pretty remote I should think.

Why remote? We play good football and Boas has said he won't be loaned to a club outside of England...I think with Gus' influence and the squad we have we are the first club Chelsea would look at to loan him out to

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Why remote? We play good football and Boas has said he won't be loaned to a club outside of England...I think with Gus' influence and the squad we have we are the first club Chelsea would look at to loan him out to

Don't forget that Gus' very good friend and former team mate Roberto De Matteo is Villas Boas' assistant at Stamford Bridge...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think its not a problem as I think he is under21.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here