Lucky, LUCKY England

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Beckham crocked
Lampard crocked

THE BEST THING TO HAVE HAPPENED FOR FIVE YEARS

Well f*** ME if old Gingerflaps didn't have to muster up a few alternatives. and he has come up smelling of ROSES. I'll be the first to admit here, I GROANED when I heard about the inclusion of Heskey. But no two ways about it, that has been a MASTERSTROKE by McLaren. Owen is statistically at his most prolific when paired with a targetman - he gets a goal a game when with Heskey or Crouch, a goal every 270 mins when he is with Rooney. That is FACT. So credit where credit is due. McLarens hand has been forced by his two SUPERSTAR midfielders and Rooney being unavailable, and the team is positively FLOURISHING in their absence.

I've not wanted Beckham anywhere NEAR the team for a while now, and I would not have dropped Rooney lightly. But I've been GAGGING for the Gerrard/Lampard combo to be aborted for years, and the penny might just be dropping now. We look solid, cohesive, inventive and threatening. The old guard simply CANNOT be considered an automatic shoe-in into the team. Its been crying out for drastic change. and injury/suspension has just landed Gingerminge with a balanced team that can really take this country FORWARD.

If Lampard or Beckham are in the starting lineup in the next International, I am going to have a severe spackattack the likes of which you will not have seen on here before.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Agreed. Beckham just fucks the shape of the team up by coming inside too often and demanding the ball. We look so much better without him, and finally people see we DON'T need Lampard either.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If Lampard or Beckham are in the starting lineup in the next International, I am going to have a severe spackattack the likes of which you will not have seen on here before.

I might just join you in a severe spackattack if that happens.

Also, what odds Liverpool puting in a bid for Barry come January?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I might just join you in a severe spackattack if that happens.

Also, what odds Liverpool puting in a bid for Barry come January?

and newcastle. a heskey bid?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Didn't see the game this evening as I was otherwise engaged so I will have to take your word for the performance being as good as Saturday...my point is that Barry should have been in the England starting line up some time ago, he has been excellent for the last couple of seasons in an often less than average Villa side, good to see his efforts getting recognised at last.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Still think Becks delivers the killer cross but what do I know ?

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

He does, but then does f*** all else for the other 89 minutes and 50 seconds. Like all good things come to an end, Becks automatic place in the team should be over.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Didn't see the game this evening as I was otherwise engaged so I will have to take your word for the performance being as good as Saturday...my point is that Barry should have been in the England starting line up some time ago, he has been excellent for the last couple of seasons in an often less than average Villa side, good to see his efforts getting recognised at last.

ive been saying for a good 2 years now that Gareth Barry should be playing for england, has one of the best left foots in the premiership and he has been playing really well for Villa

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Beckham/Heskey recalls are pathetic. Calls into question Ginge's decision to drop them when he first got the job. There's no way England's team in 2007 should include Beckham, Owen and Heskey. Might fool some of the people with pre-season-friiendly-like wins against Mickey Mouse sides, but the selections seem more designed to save Ging's skin than build for the future. You're not very good. Fact.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He does, but then does f*** all else for the other 89 minutes and 50 seconds. Like all good things come to an end, Becks automatic place in the team should be over.

Debatable about Beckham, single handedly beat Greece :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The game has MOVED ON from that though Beachy.
Beckham has been a MAGNIFICENT servant to England over the years, I would never call into question his ability, desire or contribution. But the fact is, he is now crocked more often than not, he now resides on the other side of the planet, plays in a Disneyworld league, and is therefore a BUSTED FLUSH in International terms.

SWP provides pace, dynamic and an unpredictable edge. He combines superbly well with Richards, and THAT, my friend, is the future.

Beckham and Lampard are squad players. What we have seen this week is the moulding of a TEAM to take us forward. McLaren won't have been the first England manager to have benefitted from an injury crisis forcing his hand. But if he reverts back to the Old Guard "Superstars" when they are back available, I will personally see to it that Soho Square is the victim of a dirty bomb before christmas.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The game has MOVED ON from that though Beachy.
Beckham has been a MAGNIFICENT servant to England over the years, I would never call into question his ability, desire or contribution. But the fact is, he is now crocked more often than not, he now resides on the other side of the planet, plays in a Disneyworld league, and is therefore a BUSTED FLUSH in International terms.

SWP provides pace, dynamic and an unpredictable edge. He combines superbly well with Richards, and THAT, my friend, is the future.

Beckham and Lampard are squad players. What we have seen this week is the moulding of a TEAM to take us forward. McLaren won't have been the first England manager to have benefitted from an injury crisis forcing his hand. But if he reverts back to the Old Guard "Superstars" when they are back available, I will personally see to it that Soho Square is the victim of a dirty bomb before christmas.

I hate using this phrase, but..... what he said

Yoda

English & European
Beckham crocked
Lampard crocked

THE BEST THING TO HAVE HAPPENED FOR FIVE YEARS

Well f*** ME if old Gingerflaps didn't have to muster up a few alternatives. and he has come up smelling of ROSES. I'll be the first to admit here, I GROANED when I heard about the inclusion of Heskey. But no two ways about it, that has been a MASTERSTROKE by McLaren. Owen is statistically at his most prolific when paired with a targetman - he gets a goal a game when with Heskey or Crouch, a goal every 270 mins when he is with Rooney. That is FACT. So credit where credit is due. McLarens hand has been forced by his two SUPERSTAR midfielders and Rooney being unavailable, and the team is positively FLOURISHING in their absence.

I've not wanted Beckham anywhere NEAR the team for a while now, and I would not have dropped Rooney lightly. But I've been GAGGING for the Gerrard/Lampard combo to be aborted for years, and the penny might just be dropping now. We look solid, cohesive, inventive and threatening. The old guard simply CANNOT be considered an automatic shoe-in into the team. Its been crying out for drastic change. and injury/suspension has just landed Gingerminge with a balanced team that can really take this country FORWARD.

I'll be joining you Easy. Why should it be changed just because a few 'big name' players are available again.

Barry has been as good as Beckham from set pieces, Heskey holds the ball up better than Rooney (who has to come deep all the time to get it). Wright-Phillips uses his pace (Something Beckham hasn't got any off left). As SW-P & GB are playing so well, the only question is which of Lampard & Gerrard play's. On current form for England, it has to be Gerrard, but if his form drops, swap them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know I shouldn't bite, but......

Why not Owen? He's only 27 ffs

When did Scotland last win 4, yes 4 consecutive competitive matches 3-0?

How many times... Look. At. The. Quality. Of. The. Opposition. You can fool yourselves, but you are fooling nobody else. England are taking a backward step by even contemplating playing Heskey. Tho feel free to carry on believing. Obviously :rolleyes:

Stumpy Tim

Beckham deserves his place in the squad as a different option if SWP isn't getting any joy. That's the point of a SQUAD... different options on the bench if what is happening on the pitch isn't working. Lampard deserves the same. Heskey looks to have played his way back into that squad too.

But for too long these players have been GUARANTEED selection in the first XI... let's see if the Ruddy Faced Clown has the balls to stick with the winning team. I fully expect to see him get Lampard, Rooney et al back for the next game.

IMO, both Barry & Hargreaves should be ahead of Lampard in centre mid

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
How many times... Look. At. The. Quality. Of. The. Opposition. You can fool yourselves, but you are fooling nobody else. England are taking a backward step by even contemplating playing Heskey. Tho feel free to carry on believing. Obviously :rolleyes:
Take a look at the quality of the opposition?

The opposition coached by one of the best in the world, and who had the best defensive record in the competition until 7 minutes in when Michael Owen hecided to change that?

Great win for Scotland tonight, somehow I don't think you'd be so cocky had that not happened ay?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here