Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lucas Assadi

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
looks like we want a south american wonderkid one way or another...and finally a chilean to add to our current contingent! they must've been beginning to feel left out

[tweet]1564783709395378177[/tweet]

translation:
ATTENTION to the information. Lucas Assadi is being sought from Brigthon & Hove Albion FC of the Premier League.

The English dropped the signing of Facundo Buonanotte 🇦🇷 and they would place their new interests in the player from Universidad de Chile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akXpghORPYw

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Interesting. But late in window maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We were also linked beginning of the summer as having an interest in him, so we can probably assume it wouldn’t be a reactionary move on us missing out on the Argie wonder kid.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We don't need anyone else this window, other than a proven striker and there's about as much chance of that happening as me giving up beer!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We don't need anyone else this window, other than a proven striker and there's about as much chance of that happening as me giving up beer!

Firmly disagree. The ethos of our business model is to find young promising players and develop them. They’ll either be sold on for a profit or work their way into our squad. If Assadi or any other promising player is available we should go after them. We won’t need them now, but there might be a need in 12 months.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Firmly disagree. The ethos of our business model is to find young promising players and develop them. They’ll either be sold on for a profit or work their way into our squad. If Assadi or any other promising player is available we should go after them. We won’t need them now, but there might be a need in 12 months.

So obvious it shouldn't need saying.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Hopefully, the suits at Rosario will see this rumour and think "shit, they've got other options and now we're missing out on a huge windfall! Ring Mr Barber now!"

Not likely, I know, but my fingers are crossed.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Who?

These threads start and I'm constantly asking myself, 'who the **** is that?'

I doubt many of us are au fait with South American wonderkids. The youtube video in the opening post gives an idea of his playing style though then there's always google if you need more info.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
FFS. We need a striker of Premier League quality who can score goals; and we have done for some years. Any fool can see that. How long does it take to find someone? It's not as if we don't have the money having sold off a lot of our family silver at huge prices. Let's hope we get someone decent in before the end of the window. Who have we got to fall back on if, as is highly likely, Welbeck gets injured? Undav? He doesn't look anywhere near ready. Ferguson? Much too soon to be relying on someone so young. Who else? There's nobody obvious and I don't want to see Trossard playing as a striker. HE IS NOT A STRIKER. Please, please, Albion wake up and smell the coffee and get that elusive striker in that we so badly need, or are likely to need soon. It's not as if you haven't had enough time.

I love so much about the club and what it's achieved over the years but I'll never understand why we always appear to be on the back foot when it comes to identifying and buying strikers. Can anyone think of another Premier League side at the moment that has so few options up front?

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
FFS. We need a striker of Premier League quality who can score goals; and we have done for some years. Any fool can see that. How long does it take to find someone? It's not as if we don't have the money having sold off a lot of our family silver at huge prices. Let's hope we get someone decent in before the end of the window. Who have we got to fall back on if, as is highly likely, Welbeck gets injured? Undav? He doesn't look anywhere near ready. Ferguson? Much too soon to be relying on someone so young. Who else? There's nobody obvious and I don't want to see Trossard playing as a striker. HE IS NOT A STRIKER. Please, please, Albion wake up and smell the coffee and get that elusive striker in that we so badly need, or are likely to need soon. It's not as if you haven't had enough time.

I love so much about the club and what it's achieved over the years but I'll never understand why we always appear to be on the back foot when it comes to identifying and buying strikers. Can anyone think of another Premier League side at the moment that has so few options up front?

Chelsea

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Everyone would like to see us get a proven striker, but in the cold light of day, is that really likely to happen? No.

Every window we all say the same and it doesn't really happen so I'm hardly surprised. I'd be more surprised if someone of a similar ilk to Welbeck WAS brought in.

Happy with what we have and giving the likes of Ferguson, Enciso, and Mitoma more game time as the season progresses. It's very much the clubs plan to develop players rather than splash vast sums on anyone and think that Pervis will be our big spend this summer.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Everyone would like to see us get a proven striker, but in the cold light of day, is that really likely to happen? No.

Every window we all say the same and it doesn't really happen so I'm hardly surprised. I'd be more surprised if someone of a similar ilk to Welbeck WAS brought in.

Happy with what we have and giving the likes of Ferguson, Enciso, and Mitoma more game time as the season progresses. It's very much the clubs plan to develop players rather than splash vast sums on anyone and think that Pervis will be our big spend this summer.

plus we had a proven prem striker and sold him

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Does GP even want a 'PL ready striker'. Is he looking to build something a little different?

I'm sure he'd love another Danny Welbeck in the locker, but his teams don't seem to be built that way.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

Bit strange to complain about it on this thread, which is about a promising youngster we'd like to bring in for the future. Considering our success recently in finding talented young players and developing them into first team starters, I'm delighted to see it continuing. In fact, it's probably the easiest way we are going to get a decent striker in a few years time.

Finding a first team striker (for now) and a youngster isn't mutually exclusive, I'm pretty sure we have more than one scout.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I must admit given the origin of many of our recent buys I am beginning to wonder whether we are now being linked to any potential available player who was born south of the Panama Canal, of which I expect 99% are in the baseless rumour category.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Agreed. And no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here