Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lucas Assadi

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Everyone would like to see us get a proven striker, but in the cold light of day, is that really likely to happen? No.

Every window we all say the same and it doesn't really happen so I'm hardly surprised. I'd be more surprised if someone of a similar ilk to Welbeck WAS brought in.

Happy with what we have and giving the likes of Ferguson, Enciso, and Mitoma more game time as the season progresses. It's very much the clubs plan to develop players rather than splash vast sums on anyone and think that Pervis will be our big spend this summer.

Cannot agree with that. We are taking a massive risk on Welbs. Undav who knows? Two youngsters, plus Tross proved again he is not a striker last night.

We should definitely be bringing in an experienced striker now we have flogged our top scorer for the last 3 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Does GP even want a 'PL ready striker'. Is he looking to build something a little different?

I'm sure he'd love another Danny Welbeck in the locker, but his teams don't seem to be built that way.

Even Potter explained the type of striker he wanted. Keep up!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Bit strange to complain about it on this thread, which is about a promising youngster we'd like to bring in for the future. Considering our success recently in finding talented young players and developing them into first team starters, I'm delighted to see it continuing. In fact, it's probably the easiest way we are going to get a decent striker in a few years time.

Finding a first team striker (for now) and a youngster isn't mutually exclusive, I'm pretty sure we have more than one scout.

But we have had two good enough strikers in the Prem era. And we just sold one of them. The reason it is on this thread is because signing our 20th wonder kid is great but doesn’t solve our pressing need

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
FFS. We need a striker of Premier League quality who can score goals; and we have done for some years. Any fool can see that. How long does it take to find someone? It's not as if we don't have the money having sold off a lot of our family silver at huge prices. Let's hope we get someone decent in before the end of the window. Who have we got to fall back on if, as is highly likely, Welbeck gets injured? Undav? He doesn't look anywhere near ready. Ferguson? Much too soon to be relying on someone so young. Who else? There's nobody obvious and I don't want to see Trossard playing as a striker. HE IS NOT A STRIKER. Please, please, Albion wake up and smell the coffee and get that elusive striker in that we so badly need, or are likely to need soon. It's not as if you haven't had enough time.

I love so much about the club and what it's achieved over the years but I'll never understand why we always appear to be on the back foot when it comes to identifying and buying strikers. Can anyone think of another Premier League side at the moment that has so few options up front?

Impossible to read this without imaging tears coming down your face

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Impossible to read this without imaging tears coming down your face

That made me chuckle a little on a day full of doom and gloom after an oh so predictable defeat to Fulham. We were never going to compete with Fulham with the team that Potter put out. The question again is where is our back-up if Welbeck gets injured, as he inevitably will. It's just not good enough for a Premier League club on the up, as I like to think we are, to have to make do and mend. It really isn't; and especially at a time when we have an ever-burgeoning bank balance.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
FFS. We need a striker of Premier League quality who can score goals; and we have done for some years. Any fool can see that. How long does it take to find someone? It's not as if we don't have the money having sold off a lot of our family silver at huge prices. Let's hope we get someone decent in before the end of the window. Who have we got to fall back on if, as is highly likely, Welbeck gets injured? Undav? He doesn't look anywhere near ready. Ferguson? Much too soon to be relying on someone so young. Who else? There's nobody obvious and I don't want to see Trossard playing as a striker. HE IS NOT A STRIKER. Please, please, Albion wake up and smell the coffee and get that elusive striker in that we so badly need, or are likely to need soon. It's not as if you haven't had enough time.

I love so much about the club and what it's achieved over the years but I'll never understand why we always appear to be on the back foot when it comes to identifying and buying strikers. Can anyone think of another Premier League side at the moment that has so few options up front?

Haven't Man City only got one striker?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

We all want that mystical striker who will score goals in the Premier League, or any top leagues but where are they? who are they? Even Chelsea are looking at Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang with all their riches?

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Haven't Man City only got one striker?

kevin de bruyne is a midfielder 214 Appearances and 58 Goals.
Neal maupay striker 102 and 26 Goals

His goals avg are the same as Neal maupay.
When a midfielder can score as many goals, do they really need more the one.

We need a number 9.

we've spent all summer training this squad for this season, And end up selling 3 key players in 3 key areas..
I think the press were a bit too quick to think this won't affect us. Just because we've had a great start.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Jesus. Someone dig out the pampers.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
But we have had two good enough strikers in the Prem era. And we just sold one of them. The reason it is on this thread is because signing our 20th wonder kid is great but doesn’t solve our pressing need

What, so we should stop trying to sign anyone else until we sign that striker?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
kevin de bruyne is a midfielder 214 Appearances and 58 Goals.
Neal maupay striker 102 and 26 Goals

His goals avg are the same as Neal maupay.
When a midfielder can score as many goals, do they really need more the one.

We need a number 9.

we've spent all summer training this squad for this season, And end up selling 3 key players in 3 key areas..
I think the press were a bit too quick to think this won't affect us. Just because we've had a great start.
I see your stats. I think they show we need Kevin de Bruyne.

Good luck with that, eh?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
What, so we should stop trying to sign anyone else until we sign that striker?

I didn’t say that. But we need to focus on the current need

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
looks like we want a south american wonderkid one way or another...and finally a chilean to add to our current contingent! they must've been beginning to feel left out

Disappointing that it's Chile but you didn't say they were "left out in the cold" TBH

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I see your stats. I think they show we need Kevin de Bruyne.

Good luck with that, eh?

What I find funny is people saying we don’t need a striker because Man City don’t need one. Yes, but they have at least 6 players who can score 10 plus. Oh, and now they also have the best striker. So many idiots on here.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
So many idiots on here.

1qfbpz.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here