Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lualua or a new striker?

Kazenga Lualua or a new striker?

• Total voters

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
although i think we will sign both, just signing lualua would be fine in a 4-3-3 type formation

---------------------------murray--------------------------------
lualua--------------------------------------------bennett/noone
----------------------bennett/sparrow---------------------------
-----------bridcutt-----------------------dicker
painter----------el abd---------------greer-------------calderon

sub
sparrow/noone

i can see this team doing fine in the championship. Top half but no realistic play off chance. Thoughts?

WE WILL NEVER GET ANYWHERE WITHOUT A KEEPER :tantrum:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A couple of questions:

A) Who is better, Lua Lua or Bennett?
B) How much is Bennett worth?

I think the best we can hope for is another season long loan.

I'd say a new striker for what its worth, presuming we hold on to Noone and Bennett.

There's a couple of things that need to be taken into consideration here, I think. First is the state of the 'selling' club. Second, how important is the player in question to the selling club?

With regards Bennett, he is an integral part of our team, vital even. That will naturally push his price up. Then there is the fact that we don't need to sell players anymore, so to countenance selling our top players the offer needs to be very, very good. Combine those points and you'll get a seven figure valuation from Brighton.

On the other hand, Lua Lua has nowhere near the importance to Newcastle as Bennett does to us. He has played only a handful of games for the first team, the rest of his time has been spent in the reserves. He is utterly unproven at the level Newcastle play at. This suggests that Newcastle won't be asking a prohibitively high price for him. If we put in a reasonable offer for a reserve player from a team who have a number of players ahead of him in the same position, then more than likely the club will accept. I think we can get lua lua for 500k -1million.

BHAFC_4EVER

Apr 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I think you've got to be mad if we didn't choose Lua Lua. I think we can get a decent striker as well, but Lua Lua is top priority signing atm.
What? We need to have a striker for the championship, it'd be nice to get another winger but we need a 1st/2nd striker or we won't score hardly any goals!!! We have gone through half a season with Lualua fine so why do we need him now!!!!!! Whereas we know although Barnes has been good this year but he won't be good enough in the championship and Wood is shite atm so we NEED a striker because we have Noone and Bennett which is better than having just Murray up front!!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Tough to answer but I'd have to go with a front man on the basis we have Bennett and a rapidly settling/improving Noone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here