Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua, is there a reason why?...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Has he done something wrong?... Just wondering why the one player on our bench capable of changing a game, capable of a moment of magic, capable of even scoring a goal didn't even get on the pitch despite our predicament?... When you're chasing a game surely you'd think your manager would realise that?!...

:shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Has he done something wrong?... Just wondering why the one player on our bench capable of changing a game, capable of a moment of magic, capable of even scoring a goal didn't even get on the pitch despite our predicament?... When you're chasing a game surely you'd think your manager would realise that?!...

Really? When was the last time LuaLua got a match winning goal or assist?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
You're happy not to throw on an attacking threat and settle for a dull and predictable 0-1 then?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
To be fair, the last game KLL played he was worse than terrible. Letting Nooney go is starting to look like a mistake. But then again Poyet never plays more than one winger, so I suppose not

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Might it be because he hasn't played well for quite a long time?

Tore Barnsley apart, but hasn't looked like the LuaLua we all know and love other than that. He's only really got one trick and it doesn't work against better defenders.

To be fair, the last game KLL played he was worse than terrible. Letting Nooney go is starting to look like a mistake. But then again Poyet never plays more than one winger, so I suppose not

We did good business with regards to Noone. I'm sure if we could have got that offer for LuaLua, he'd have gone. But your reserves are hardly going to command much interest. We signed good players in an attempt to plug the Noone sized gap, and when everyone is fit and firing, there's no problem. That's not the case at the moment, so everything is horribly wrong and it's all a disaster.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He hasn't looked very impressive thus season so far and is very predictable in what he is going to do and which way he is going to go, so easy for Championship full backs to play against.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I still think he is a quality player. He needs to concentrate more on being a professional footballer and less on going out with his mates in Newcastle at every opportunity.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
I think he's been poor the last few times he played. Very predictable and easy to read if you are a defending against him.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Two simple facts

Fact 1: Wingers rely on using their pace to take on full backs and deliver crosses into the opponents penalty areas toward a target player usually a centre forward.

Our style of play does not suit traditional wingers like Lua Lua or Noone.

Fact 2: Kazenga Lua Lua is a RIGHT footed winger.

Whenever Lua Lua plays, he is out on the LEFT wing and so his only option is to cut inside onto his right foot and either shoot or pass.

He cant use his pace because he constantly has to cut back onto his right.

Gus needs to play him in the right position ...it really is THAT simple!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
others came in for Bennett, then Noone... but not for Lua Lua. tells a tale, he's not quite good enough.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
others came in for Bennett, then Noone... but not for Lua Lua. tells a tale, he's not quite good enough.

Agree to an extent but what about Bruno, Bridge & Kooshak?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

Maybe because he's not all that? Well he can't be as Gus won't play him and as most on here say in Gus we trust then if Gus doesn't play him then he must be crap?

If he was so good then why doesn't Gus play him? Read above.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Two simple facts

Fact 1: Wingers rely on using their pace to take on full backs and deliver crosses into the opponents penalty areas toward a target player usually a centre forward.

Our style of play does not suit traditional wingers like Lua Lua or Noone.

Fact 2: Kazenga Lua Lua is a RIGHT footed winger.

Whenever Lua Lua plays, he is out on the LEFT wing and so his only option is to cut inside onto his right foot and either shoot or pass.

He cant use his pace because he constantly has to cut back onto his right.

Gus needs to play him in the right position ...it really is THAT simple!

Do you really think football is that simple? :lolol:

Not all wingers rely on pace. I rather liked that David Beckham bloke, who would create a yard for a cross and then put it wherever he chose to. You don't have to barrel past everyone if you have the technical ability that he does. Elliott Bennett is very quick, but he was more reliant on his technique than running away from people and if we're being honest, we have never replaced him.

I do agree though, I've never liked inverting wingers. Left footers on the right, right footers on the left. Where's the logic? I've never liked it and never will.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

I've always said it was a mistake let Nooney go. Should of got rid of KLL instead.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The thing is, he's a bit predictable, isn't he? 90% of the time he'll run to the outside of the player and deliver a cross. It worked in League One, I remember him running defenders ragged (Charlton away), but now he's getting found out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here