Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua out for season

johnno

Jul 23, 2003
Argus is reporting the following:

Kazenga LuaLua is unlikely to kick a ball for Albion again this season.

A scan back in Newcastle has revealed the on-loan winger suffered a moderate hamstring tear in the first half of Tuesday's 3-0 home victory over Brentford.

The damage is expected to sideline LuaLua for six to eight weeks.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Argus is reporting the following:

Kazenga LuaLua is unlikely to kick a ball for Albion again this season.

A scan back in Newcastle has revealed the on-loan winger suffered a moderate hamstring tear in the first half of Tuesday's 3-0 home victory over Brentford.

The damage is expected to sideline LuaLua for six to eight weeks.

Says out for 2 weeks in skysports news.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
LuaLua has been the difference in pulling us clear of the relegation zone.

Not quite. I'd attribute more to Calderon and Painter, the improvement in defence overall and the fact we've stopped leaking goals all over the shop.

But losing LuaLua is a right shitter, he's certainly the most exciting player at the club. Wouldn't be surprised if that was indeed him out for the season, Newcastle arn't going to want to risk rushing him back with this type of injury - they'll have seen enough of it with Owen to know what a presistant problem it can become.

I don't *think* we'll really need him anyway, we should be pretty safe now. Its just disappointing. I mean christ, whats the alternative ? Cox ?

Woo

Hoo

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Not quite. I'd attribute more to Calderon and Painter, the improvement in defence overall and the fact we've stopped leaking goals all over the shop.

But losing LuaLua is a right shitter, he's certainly the most exciting player at the club. Wouldn't be surprised if that was indeed him out for the season, Newcastle arn't going to want to risk rushing him back with this type of injury - they'll have seen enough of it with Owen to know what a presistant problem it can become.

I don't *think* we'll really need him anyway, we should be pretty safe now. Its just disappointing. I mean christ, whats the alternative ? Cox ?

Woo

Hoo

Maybe a cheeky return to the old 442

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Team News: Oldham Athletic v Albion

By Tim Dudding

Chris Holroyd has a fighting chance of being fit for Saturday's trip to Oldham Athletic (3pm).

The Seagulls striker limped out of Tuesday night's victory against Brentford with a slight hamstring problem, but will spend today and tomorrow with the club's medical staff in a bid to be involved this weekend.

However Kazenga LuaLua, who was forced off during the Brentford win also with hamstring trouble, has suffered a more severe strain and faces the next few weeks in the treatment room.

Albion assistant manager Mauricio Taricco said, "LuaLua will be out for the next couple of weeks at least. For Chris it's a different story and we need to assess his situation.

"He had a little problem, which is why he came off, but he is with the medical staff and we will see how he is tomorrow before we make a final decision whether to include him in the squad. We think he has a chance."

With LuaLua ruled out, Dean Cox, Nicky Forster and Seb Carole will all be hoping for a recall after being involved in the reserve team's 6-0 win against Eastbourne United last night.

Meanwhile Diego Arismendi is due to resume training with the squad this morning after shaking off the thigh problem that has hindered the start of his loan spell from Stoke, and is hoping to be in contention this weekend.

Michel Kuipers (broken finger) and Colin Hawkins (Achilles) are Albion's long-term casualties.

Albion fans can pay on the gate at Boundary Park.

Oldham boss Dave Penney is hoping Dale Stephens will be available after the midfielder missed the 1-0 win at Stockport with hip and hamstring problems.

Winger Joe Colbeck (ankle) faces a late fitness test, but Jim Goodwin (thigh) looks set to miss out.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If he is out for the rest of the season that's a massive blow. The team has looked balanced for the first time this season since he came into the side and I am yet to see a left back at this level handle his explosive pace.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps the Argus forgot that Shipman Stuart has retired now.
Really REALLY hope we've not seen the last of Kezenga.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Oh bugger. He is such an exciting player to watch. We've still got enough talent to press on with our recovery, but he would have made a valuable contribution in the closing weeks of the season. (Closing weeks already? Can't believe I'm saying that.)

He dropped huge hints that he'd like to play for us permanently, but he'd cost a bob or two. Maybe on loan again next season?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Unless it is full tear there is no way he will be out for the rest of the season

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Looking on the bright side.

We have seen enough to know he's worth a transfer to the Albion. This way, he will not keep improving this season and pushing up the price.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Woo

Hoo
No, of course not, Gus isn't stupid, the alternative is Holroyd or Carole. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here