Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua out for season

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Shit.
We need to do all we can to sign him up. He has been the difference these past few weeks.

I hope you don't really think that.

He has been exciting to watch and a potential threat, but the major difference in the last few weeks has without any doubt been Painter/Calderon in defence.

We've conceded 0.66 goals per game in Feb/March. In August, Sept, Oct and Nov we were shipping 2 a game. Lua Lua has not had an influence on that.

Incidentally, we scored 22 goals in the first 18 games (1.22 per game) very consistently, but in Feb/March we've scored 13 in 12 games (1.01 per game) - so in fact our goals per game is worse than before Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

He has been exciting to watch and a potential threat, but the major difference in the last few weeks has without any dubt been Painter/Calderon in defence.

We've conceded 0.66 goals per game in Feb/March. In August, Sept, Oct and Nov we were shipping 2 a game. Lua Lua has not had an influence on that.

Incidentally, we scored 22 goals in the first 18 games (1.22 per game) very consistently, but in Feb/March we've scored 13 in 12 games (1.01 per game) - so in fact our goals per game is worse than before Christmas.
:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

He has been exciting to watch and a potential threat, but the major difference in the last few weeks has without any doubt been Painter/Calderon in defence.

Exactly right they have been a revelation. If you do not concede a goal you do not lose and only have to score one goal to win. I think that generally Gus and Mourico have sorted out our mistakes and we are now making fewer, so not giving away so many goals.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Hold on there. Although Getting decent, settled full backs in place has helped a great deal. Imo Lua Lua has had more impact than you give him credit for.
The opposition cannot concentrate on attacking us when they have to use 2 men to mark Kazenga because of his speed & threat, which helps keep our goals conceded column down.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

zzzzzz

Yeah caldy and painter have done bloody well, and have without doubt stengthened the defence, as has Brezovan i think, but Lua-Lua has given us an actual OPTION on the left has he not? Considering Cox and Carole are wank, i don't think we can afford not to replace him if he's out for the rest of the season.
We were still losing when we were playing no-one on the left remember.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Don't get me wrong with what I'm going to say, because you are 100% right. But I think Lualua has contributed to the shoring up of defence too, merely by providing an outlet. Tuesday night he picked up the ball outside our penalty area and ran it to the edge of theirs- no other of our players can do that and I believe we will miss him thoroughly..

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
zzzzzz

Yeah caldy and painter have done bloody well, and have without doubt stengthened the defence, as has Brezovan i think, but Lua-Lua has given us an actual OPTION on the left has he not? Considering Cox and Carole are wank, i don't think we can afford not to replace him if he's out for the rest of the season.
We were still losing when we were playing no-one on the left remember.

He is good at LM but he has 0 goals and 0 assists so he hasn't made a HUGE difference. Painter & Calderon have made a far bigger difference and have actually stopped us conceding 10 goals every game.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Looking on the bright side.

We have seen enough to know he's worth a transfer to the Albion. This way, he will not keep improving this season and pushing up the price.

Agreed, Lua Lua is a class act and the more games he plays for us the more he is on show to other potential clubs sniffing about
It may not be such a bad thing him being on the sidelines as we know the damage he can cause already, also gives a chance for other players to show their wares at the end of the season when there will be meaningless games anyway

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Don't get me wrong with what I'm going to say, because you are 100% right. But I think Lualua has contributed to the shoring up of defence too, merely by providing an outlet. Tuesday night he picked up the ball outside our penalty area and ran it to the edge of theirs- no other of our players can do that and I believe we will miss him thoroughly..

Not to mention cutting down the oppositions attacking threat down that side because the winger and full back spend all game chasing his shadow!

Lua Lua has stretched the game. When under pressure he runs with the ball, enabling the defense to get up the pitch, thus making them look better yet both full backs have been playing very well at the moment.

Losing him full stop is not good however there are conflicting reports as to the length of the injury, so hopefully we will be looking back at our present worries in a couple of weeks time with him back in the fold.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Looking on the bright side as someone has already mentioned at least he's not in the shop window for however long he's out which could maybe mean the liklehood of him signing for us next year increases.

When Holroyd is fit I'd play him in a floating role ahead of Cox or Carole until such a time as we get Lua Lua back or a quality left-side midfielder.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Lua Lua has had a very positive effect for all the reasons stated above - and add to that he was one of the flairiest players in Gus's Orchestra of Flair. But I was just countering the supposition that "Lua Lua has been THE difference i the last few weeks". He's not a one man band of flair - he's the lead player in the Orchestra

(analogy stretched beyond comfort - sorry!)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sad that LuaLua might not be back until the last month of the season if at all. On the other hand we have another FLAIR player ready for his debut , Diego.

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
lua lua out for season

looks like lua lua is out for the season according to the argus,does anyone think poyet will try and buy him in the summer?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Argus is reporting the following:

Kazenga LuaLua is unlikely to kick a ball for Albion again this season.

A scan back in Newcastle has revealed the on-loan winger suffered a moderate hamstring tear in the first half of Tuesday's 3-0 home victory over Brentford.

The damage is expected to sideline LuaLua for six to eight weeks.

surely for Albion ever?
unless they know something? doubt it though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not really a blow. Playing two wingers is daft. You can only play on one wing at a time. Bennett is more effective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here